IndiaDivine.org

my best salad dressing ever (includes avocado)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Uh-oh.. Jennifer, you missed the 2nd part of my " recipe " !

The first part is to blend up the tomato innards (with avocado and lemon and

garlic etc) -- and the SECOND PART is to add in the outsides of the

tomatoes and some onion. I did it by putting them in the blender

and just blending for a moment. But I think hand-chopping them and

adding them might work better.

The reason I did that, with the outsides and insides separated, is that

I often add salsa fresca to salad or to salad dressing (or to anything

else for that matter). But the watery quality (from the tomato INNARDS)

can be not-great in a salad (all that water collects up) -- sooooo I blended

the seeds etc into something that is " mushy " rather than " watery " .

And the outside part of the tomato can still be " salsa like " by being

chopped up or not-so-totally-blended.

Anyway, yes, do find a use for them!

At 08:05 PM 4/15/2009, you wrote:

>Yes, the regular ginger might have been better and of course mayer

>lemons are outstanding. But I didn't think I had ginger on hand - I

>found it AFTER I made the dressing, don't you know? It was a bit

>thick, even still. I now have several hunks left over from the

>seeded tomatoes. Maybe I'll whirl those up in the blender with some

>other stuff today and try to make a dressing too. Otherwise I fear

>they will go bad and it's a shame to lose all that tomato.

Guest guest

Well what happened was I had these kind of weird tomatoes that had very little inside and tons of outside, so I used way more tomatoes than were needed to chop up into the dressing. That's why I still have some left.  But I used some today for Richard's wrap.  JTOn Apr 16, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Moria Merriweather wrote:Uh-oh.. Jennifer, you missed the 2nd part of my "recipe"!The first part is to blend up the tomato innards (with avocado and lemon andgarlic etc) -- and the SECOND PART is to add in the outsides of thetomatoes and some onion. I did it by putting them in the blenderand just blending for a moment. But I think hand-chopping them andadding them might work better.The reason I did that, with the outsides and insides separated, is thatI often add salsa fresca to salad or to salad dressing (or to anythingelse for that matter). But the watery quality (from the tomato INNARDS)can be not-great in a salad (all that water collects up) -- sooooo I blendedthe seeds etc into something that is "mushy" rather than "watery".And the outside part of the tomato can still be "salsa like" by beingchopped up or not-so-totally-blended.Anyway, yes, do find a use for them!At 08:05 PM 4/15/2009, you wrote:>Yes, the regular ginger might have been better and of course mayer>lemons are outstanding. But I didn't think I had ginger on hand - I>found it AFTER I made the dressing, don't you know? It was a bit>thick, even still. I now have several hunks left over from the>seeded tomatoes. Maybe I'll whirl those up in the blender with some>other stuff today and try to make a dressing too. Otherwise I fear>they will go bad and it's a shame to lose all that tomato. jennifer trumpjennifur

Guest guest

Meyer lemons are available commercially, but it is also a seasonal find. I have purchased them at Whole Foods and other health food stores.--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Moria Merriweather <moriam wrote:

BTW the lemon I used is a meyer lemon (they are much sweeter).

But saying that may not be so helpful, since meyer lemons are not

usually available commercially, as far as I'm aware. (You have to have

a tree or a friend with a tree).

Thanks,

Moria

Guest guest

Whole Foods has them, sometimes.  On Apr 18, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Jenn wrote:Meyer lemons are available commercially, but it is also a seasonal find.  I have purchased them at Whole Foods and other health food stores.--- On Wed, 4/15/09, Moria Merriweather <moriam (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>wrote:BTW the lemon I used is a meyer lemon (they are much sweeter).But saying that may not be so helpful, since meyer lemons are notusually available commercially, as far as I'm aware. (You have to havea tree or a friend with a tree).Thanks,Moria jennifer trumpjennifur