IndiaDivine.org

Reports that carrageenan in some soy milk may be unsafe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Interesting about the carrageenan. I don't buy commerical soy milk any more. I'm spoiled after making my own, and found that store-bought tastes stale and dead to me. I bought a soy milk maker and use it to make all kinds of legume, nut and grain milks. My favorite is chickpea and oat groat milk. Adding a couple tablespoons of grain, like oat groats, can lend a creaminess to the homemade milk, without using additives. I also favor chickpea milk over soy now... for one thing, it tastes less "beany", and for another, it is lower in fat than soy.Teri of NCConfessions of a Fiber Drunk (updated 4/20): http://fiberdrunk.blogspot.com/

Guest guest

Hello Teri of NC  -  What kind of soymilk maker do you have/recommend??On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Teri Anderson <washbear_1999 wrote:

Interesting about the carrageenan.  I don't buy commerical soy milk any more.  I'm spoiled after making my own, and found that store-bought tastes stale and dead to me.  I bought a soy milk maker and use it to make all kinds of legume, nut and grain milks.  My favorite is chickpea and oat groat milk.  Adding a couple tablespoons of grain, like oat groats, can lend a creaminess to the homemade milk, without using additives.  I also favor chickpea milk over soy now... for one thing, it tastes less " beany " , and for another, it is lower in fat than soy.

Teri of NCConfessions of a Fiber Drunk (updated 4/20):  http://fiberdrunk.blogspot.com/