IndiaDivine.org

Re:OT: Beano

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I've known Beano wasn't vegan for years, it's right on the label, at least the last time I looked which was well over 10 years ago, maybe it's changed since then, I don't know. I've been vegan for about 13 years and vegetarian for 20 years or so and gas has regulated mostly, but I have to admit, sometimes I get painful cramps because of it. Is there another vegan alternative to Beano??Thanks! AnnaSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerryRandall Rice Fri, 1 May 2009 12:39:42 -0700 (PDT) Re:OT: Beano Thanks for the heads up. I started using the stuff when I first became vegan but quit because it just didn't seem to work, and then my system seemed to "regulate' the gas on its own. Now I have a reason to never try it again, or to ever recomend it to anyone else! Sheesh, wouldn't be nice if "truth in advertising" really meant TRUTH in advertising. In this worldHate never yet dispelled hateOnly love dispells hate.This is the law,Ancient and inexhaustible. -- the Dhammapada

Guest guest

Is there another vegan alternative to Beano??The label of both Beano and Bean-Zyme (a product costing half that of Beano) tablets list alpha-galactosidase enzyme (from Aspergilus niger, food grade mold) as the only ingredient. So I guess it all depends whether one considers mold to be vegan or not. One thing I think we can all agree on is that it's not animal. Martha

Guest guest

Mold is neither plant or animal - it is a fungus, just as mushrooms are , so if you consider mushrooms to be vegan, you will have to also consider the mold to be vegan as well. Aspergilus niger is also often found in yogurt, both soy and dairy versions.--- On Fri, 5/1/09, Martha <mnatural22 wrote:Martha <mnatural22The label of both Beano and Bean-Zyme (a product costing

half that of Beano) tablets list alpha-galactosidase enzyme (from Aspergilus niger, food grade mold) as the only ingredient. So I guess it all depends whether one considers mold to be vegan or not. One thing I think we can all agree on is that it's not animal. Martha