IndiaDivine.org

The vegan alternative

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wat is the difference between a Vegatarian and a Vagen? I have asked a lot of people here an no one can tell me so I hope you can tell me. > > Bkspedit Sat, 2 May 2009 19:21:39 +0000> The vegan alternative> > > We fight with flatulance issues if we have a bean diet or similar. Well if you are vegan then Beano doesn't work for you with the animal ingredients. However there is one product thats available that will work - http://bean-zyme.com/index.htm. Have a happy meal!!> > > > ---> > Check out our recipe files at http://www.fatfreevegan.com .

Guest guest

Hi thereBasically, vegetarians don't eat any products that require the animal to be killed  - that means meat and by-products like gelatine. Vegans choose not to consume any animal products, whether they're taken from a living or dead animal - so that means no meat from any animal, and no animal milks (cow, goat etc) and no eggs and no honey. Most vegans also don't wear leather or wool.It sounds incredibly restrictive but it really is an easy lifestyle once you've altered your habits!  Best wishesAlice LeonardANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and creamPO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New ZealandPhone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996This is why I'm vegan:"The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men." - Alice Walker  On 3/05/2009, at 1:26 PM, John Wickham wrote:Wat is the difference between a Vegatarian and a Vagen? I have asked a lot of people here an no one can tell me so I hope you can tell me. 

Guest guest

Vegans do not consume animals or animal by-products in any form. By "consume" it is not just limited to diet. In addition to not eating dairy, eggs, meat, fish, poultry, honey, or any other animal by product, vegans also do not use or wear leather, fur, silk, wool, pearls, or down. They also tend to buy only products that have not been tested on animals or contain ingredients that were derived from animals (such as Cochineal Extract/Carmine, Casein, placenta, collagen, isinglass, or lanolin).Some vegetarians consume dairy (Lacto-vegetarians), some consume eggs (ovo-vegetarians) and others consume both (lacto-ovo vegetarians) in their otherwise plant-only diet. Some people will claim to be vegetarian but still will eat chicken or fish - these people are absolutely not vegetarian - some will call such a diet as "flexitarian",

meaning they are being a little flexible in their definition of what a vegetarian will eat.I have never really understood how milk and eggs can be considered to be vegetarian, because neither are plants. Eggs especially, because the potential is there for a baby chicken to emerge. Milk won't grow up to be anything, but still, the reasoning as to how it became considered as a vegetarian food, is beyond me.--- On Sat, 5/2/09, John Wickham <johnwickham60 wrote:John Wickham <johnwickham60RE: The vegan alternative Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009, 7:26 PM

Wat is the difference between a Vegatarian and a Vagen? I have asked a lot of people here an no one can tell me so I hope you can tell me. > > Bkspedit (AT) Hotmail (DOT) com> Sat, 2 May 2009 19:21:39 +0000> The vegan alternative> > > We fight with flatulance issues if we have a bean diet or similar. Well if you are vegan then Beano doesn't work for you with the animal ingredients. However there is one product thats available that will work - http://bean- zyme.com/ index.htm. Have a happy meal!!> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> > Check out our recipe files at http://www.fatfreev egan.com .

Guest guest

Dear Jenn and John:

I believe the term used for persons that incorporate poultry and fish into their diet is “pesco-pollo vegetarian.” These people are really semi-vegetarian, since both chickens and fish have flesh. This label is a stretch and only a semi-vegetarian would use it in good conscience to describe themselves.

Best,

Sid

On 5/3/09 1:42 PM, " Jenn " <batmanusdmychina wrote:

Vegans do not consume animals or animal by-products in any form. By " consume " it is not just limited to diet. In addition to not eating dairy, eggs, meat, fish, poultry, honey, or any other animal by product, vegans also do not use or wear leather, fur, silk, wool, pearls, or down. They also tend to buy only products that have not been tested on animals or contain ingredients that were derived from animals (such as Cochineal Extract/Carmine, Casein, placenta, collagen, isinglass, or lanolin).

Some vegetarians consume dairy (Lacto-vegetarians), some consume eggs (ovo-vegetarians) and others consume both (lacto-ovo vegetarians) in their otherwise plant-only diet. Some people will claim to be vegetarian but still will eat chicken or fish - these people are absolutely not vegetarian - some will call such a diet as " flexitarian " , meaning they are being a little flexible in their definition of what a vegetarian will eat.

I have never really understood how milk and eggs can be considered to be vegetarian, because neither are plants. Eggs especially, because the potential is there for a baby chicken to emerge. Milk won't grow up to be anything, but still, the reasoning as to how it became considered as a vegetarian food, is beyond me.

--- On Sat, 5/2/09, John Wickham <johnwickham60 wrote:

John Wickham <johnwickham60

RE: The vegan alternative

Saturday, May 2, 2009, 7:26 PM

Wat is the difference between a Vegatarian and a Vagen? I have asked a lot of people here an no one can tell me so I hope you can tell me.

>

> Bkspedit (AT) Hotmail (DOT) com

> Sat, 2 May 2009 19:21:39 +0000

> The vegan alternative

>

>

> We fight with flatulance issues if we have a bean diet or similar. Well if you are vegan then Beano doesn't work for you with the animal ingredients. However there is one product thats available that will work - http://bean- zyme.com/ index.htm. Have a happy meal!!

>

>

>

> ------------ --------- --------- ------

>

> Check out our recipe files at http://www.fatfreev egan.com .