IndiaDivine.org

going nuts with nuts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have to cut my addiction to snacking on nuts. They are like chocolate to me. I have not lost any weight in 6 weeks do to it. I am not going to allow anymore in the house for a while. I can say no to chips, icecream and candy, but not nuts. I have 40 more out of 70 lbs to loose. I put some new vegan cookbooks and the engine 2 diet book on hold at the library to get new snack ideas.

anyone else have problems avoiding nuts? Unita WalburnMulberry Island Station HomesteadBerefoot Books Stall Holdervisit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

Guest guest

I like pretzels w/mustard or cherriesunita walburn <uwalburn Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:23:29 PM going nuts with nuts

I have to cut my addiction to snacking on nuts. They are like chocolate to me. I have not lost any weight in 6 weeks do to it. I am not going to allow anymore in the house for a while. I can say no to chips, icecream and candy, but not nuts. I have 40 more out of 70 lbs to loose. I put some new vegan cookbooks and the engine 2 diet book on hold at the library to get new snack ideas.

anyone else have problems avoiding nuts? Unita WalburnMulberry Island Station HomesteadBerefoot Books Stall Holdervisit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

Guest guest

Hi thereRoasted chickpeas make a good and very low-fat alternative to nuts (and cheap if you make them yourself). There are lots of recipes for them on the internet.Good luck!alice On 28/07/2009, at 7:23 AM, unita walburn wrote:I have to cut my addiction to snacking on nuts. They are like chocolate to me. I have not lost any weight in 6 weeks do to it. I am not going to allow anymore in the house for a while. I can say no to chips, icecream and candy, but not nuts. I have 40 more out of 70 lbs to loose. I put some new vegan cookbooks and the engine 2 diet book on hold at the library to get new snack ideas.anyone else have problems avoiding nuts?

Guest guest

I also have a problem with nuts I've lost 45 so far and have 30 to go.  I love air popped pop corn with nut. yeast and braggs and fresh cut up fruits and veggies.  Oh and my new favorite is microwave potato chips.  I don't spray them with pam though I just slice them and cook them in the microwave on parchment paper.  YUM!

Guest guest

If you still want to have some nuts in your diet, something that worked for me

was portioning nuts into small containers or ziploc bags. For example, I would

buy a bag of pistachios and then put 30 pistachios in a small bag and only eat

one portion per day. I used the South Beach Diet recommended portion sizes: for

example, 15 walnuts, almonds, or pecans; or 30 pistachios at a time. I like the

pistachios in the shell because they take longer to eat!

, unita walburn <uwalburn wrote:

>

> I have to cut my addiction to snacking on nuts. They are like chocolate to

me. I have not lost any weight in 6 weeks do to it. I am not going to allow

anymore in the house for a while. I can say no to chips, icecream and candy, but

not nuts. I have 40 more out of 70 lbs to loose. I put some new vegan cookbooks

and the engine 2 diet book on hold at the library to get new snack ideas.

> anyone else have problems avoiding nuts?

>  Unita Walburn

> Mulberry Island Station Homestead

> Berefoot Books Stall Holder

> visit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

>

Guest guest

I hear you! My husband and & are also VERY addicted to nuts. Weight loss stops

when I have them in the house. Chips, pretzels and the like are quite safe. ~Sue

F

Guest guest

I was going to suggest the same thing. My hubby and I were on the nut train also and recently we started making roasted chickpeas - they are crunchy and you can season them the way you want.. --- On Mon, 7/27/09, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:

Alice Leonard <aliceRe: going nuts with nuts Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 8:37 PM

Hi there

Roasted chickpeas make a good and very low-fat alternative to nuts (and cheap if you make them yourself).

There are lots of recipes for them on the internet.

Good luck!

alice

On 28/07/2009, at 7:23 AM, unita walburn wrote:

anyone else have problems avoiding nuts?