Guest guest

Just curious whether anybody uses these liners - they seem like

plastic, but obviously they're not, or they'd just melt on the pan or

in the oven!

I saw them at the Food Show, they were showing you could use them to

line cake tins, frying pans, the barbecue grill (which they were

demonstrating by cooking bacon and sausages on it - didn't look low-

fat to me!!).

Very interested in any feedback from people who may have tried them.

Thanks,

Alice

Guest guest

if they are silicone I use them all the time.  They are actually not like plastic and are made in the same process as glass and form the research I've done just as safe as glass.   Silicone is what make parchment paper nonstick. :)

Guest guest

Thanks Heidi, I didn't describe it very well! I've got a silicon baking sheet but I don't like it because it doesn't conduct heat.The liners I'm interested in are much thinner and are made from Teflon-coated fiberglass, so they do conduct heat. Like this: www.chefsresource.com/mbs.htmlCheers!alice On 2/08/2009, at 1:41 AM, Heidi Crawford wrote:if they are silicone I use them all the time. They are actually not like plastic and are made in the same process as glass and form the research I've done just as safe as glass. Silicone is what make parchment paper nonstick. :)

Guest guest

I know a lot of people disagree with me on this, but I wouldn't touch anything teflon coated... If you are looking for a frying pan that doesn't stick look in the green pan or others like it.  We have one and can even make pancakes with no oil, pam or anything.  Nothing sticks.  It works amazingly well.

Between it and silicone muffin tins and cookie sheet liners, and bread pans, and parchment paper here and there works great for us!On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:

Thanks Heidi, I didn't describe it very well! I've got a silicon baking sheet but I don't like it because it doesn't conduct heat.The liners I'm interested in are much thinner and are made from Teflon-coated fiberglass, so they do conduct heat.

Like this: www.chefsresource.com/mbs.htmlCheers!alice

On 2/08/2009, at 1:41 AM, Heidi Crawford wrote:if they are silicone I use them all the time.  They are actually not like plastic and are made in the same process as glass and form the research I've done just as safe as glass.   Silicone is what make parchment paper nonstick. :)

Guest guest

I think you are looking for something called a "Silpat" this can be found in any cooking store

In Good Health...Naturally

Scott--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:

Alice Leonard <aliceRe: Cooking liners Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 1:39 PM

Thanks Heidi, I didn't describe it very well!

I've got a silicon baking sheet but I don't like it because it doesn't conduct heat.

The liners I'm interested in are much thinner and are made from Teflon-coated fiberglass, so they do conduct heat.

Like this: www.chefsresource. com/mbs.htmlCheers!

alice

On 2/08/2009, at 1:41 AM, Heidi Crawford wrote:

if they are silicone I use them all the time. They are actually not like plastic and are made in the same process as glass and form the research I've done just as safe as glass. Silicone is what make parchment paper nonstick. :)