IndiaDivine.org

Coffee Creamer?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I've been on the the no fat, no dairy, veggie diet from Dr. Esselstyn for a

few months now and my cholesterol level has dropped way below my goal of 150

(from 185), so I'm a happy guy.

I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy milk from Trader

Joes for a " creamer " . I noticed that it has a little sodium cassinate in it

(along with the soy) but it doesn't seem to bother my cholesterol level and

makes my coffee yummy.

My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use in a powder

form to lighten my coffee?

The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have hydrogenated oils

in them that I would like to avoid.

I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with no " crreamy "

help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help

either.

What do others do, other than switching to black coffee?

Thanks,

my suggestion is to find a good coffee that you actually really enjoy and embrace black. There is no really good creamer I do not think. Or perhaps, switch to chai w/soy=yummy. If you get a good roasted beans and fresh grind each brewing, then that is a great cup of joe, no need for cream. Bob P <bopeltzman Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:32:32 AM Coffee "Creamer"?

Hi, I've been on the the no fat, no dairy, veggie diet from Dr. Esselstyn for a few months now and my cholesterol level has dropped way below my goal of 150 (from 185), so I'm a happy guy.I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use in a powder form to lighten my coffee?The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.What do others do, other than switching to black

coffee?Thanks,---Check out our recipe files at http://www.fatfreevegan.com .

Thanks for the suggestions. Since we will be on vacation, it's pretty hard to

pick and choose what coffee they are going to serve you.

Is this chai/soy an instant tea or is it something I can add to coffee as a

powder?

Once again, thanks for the help.

Bob P.

The health food store that I go to has smaller 4-packs of my "milk", perhaps that is something you can get with Trader Joe's brand, if you ask maybe it can be ordered for you. I take a couple 4-packs with me when I vacation - they even ordered it in chocolate flavor, which is what I prefer to use in my cofee. Or, check out another brand at your local health food stores.Jeanette-Bob P fatfree vegan Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:32:32 +0000 (UTC) Coffee "Creamer"?

Hi, I've been on the the no fat, no dairy, veggie diet from Dr. Esselstyn for a few months now and my cholesterol level has dropped way below my goal of 150 (from 185), so I'm a happy guy.I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use in a powder form to lighten my coffee?The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.What do others do, other than switching to black coffee?Thanks,

what is "my milk" exactly?"j_kavanagh" <j_kavanaghfatfree vegan Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:27:50 AMRe: Coffee "Creamer"?

The health food store that I go to has smaller 4-packs of my "milk", perhaps that is something you can get with Trader Joe's brand, if you ask maybe it can be ordered for you. I take a couple 4-packs with me when I vacation - they even ordered it in chocolate flavor, which is what I prefer to use in my cofee. Or, check out another brand at your local health food stores.Jeanette-Bob P fatfree vegan Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:32:32 +0000 (UTC) Coffee "Creamer"?

Hi, I've been on the the no fat, no dairy, veggie diet from Dr. Esselstyn for a few months now and my cholesterol level has dropped way below my goal of 150 (from 185), so I'm a happy guy.I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use in a powder form to lighten my coffee?The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.What do others do, other than switching to black

coffee?Thanks,

Chai is a spiced tea and is good when soy is added, like a latte.If you scout out the coffee houses, your odds are pretty good to get a fresh grind cup of coffee with some great flavor that doesn't need additives. Check with locals, they will know. And in a pinch there is a Star$$$ at most corners and the Pike coffee is good. Other than that they don't have much.Good luck and happy travels.Bob P <bopeltzmanTo:

Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:25:35 AM Re: Coffee "Creamer"?

Thanks for the suggestions. Since we will be on vacation, it's pretty hard to pick and choose what coffee they are going to serve you.Is this chai/soy an instant tea or is it something I can add to coffee as a powder?Once again, thanks for the help.Bob P.---Check out our recipe files at http://www.fatfreevegan.com .

"My milk" is the non-dairy milk. I prefer Almond Milk, but I have also purchased soy in the past. As opposed to the cow stuff the "others" use.Jeanette-spence fatfree vegan Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:36:02 +0000 (UTC)Re: Coffee "Creamer"?

what is "my milk" exactly?

"j_kavanagh" fatfree vegan Wednesday, August 19, 2009 10:27:50 AMRe: Coffee "Creamer"? The health food store that I go to has smaller 4-packs of my "milk", perhaps that is something you can get with Trader Joe's brand, if you ask maybe it can be ordered for you. I take a couple 4-packs with me when I vacation - they even ordered it in chocolate flavor, which is what I prefer to use in my cofee. Or, check out another brand at your local health food stores.Jeanette-Bob P fatfree vegan Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:32:32 +0000 (UTC) Coffee "Creamer"?

Hi, I've been on the the no fat, no dairy, veggie diet from Dr. Esselstyn for a few months now and my cholesterol level has dropped way below my goal of 150 (from 185), so I'm a happy guy.I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use in a powder form to lighten my coffee?The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.What do others do, other than switching to blackcoffee?Thanks,

I also drink coffee with a little bit of soy milk in it. When we

travel, I use either the small Silk brand soy milk liquid containers

(and waste most of them because even that is too much for the amount

two people use for coffee) or we use soy milk powder.

I think that you'd have better results with soy MILK powder instead or

soy PROTEIN powder.

Here's a link to one brand we've used.

http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/M003493.htm

If you get coffee from a coffee shop, they might have soy milk there,

although some will charge you extra even for a few drops of it in your

cup of coffee.

Angela

Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 11:32:32 AM, you wrote:

> I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy

> milk from Trader Joes for a " creamer " . I noticed that it has a

> little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't

> seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.

> My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use

> in a powder form to lighten my coffee?

> The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have

> hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.

> I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with

> no " crreamy " help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that

didn't help either.

> What do others do, other than switching to black coffee?

> Thanks,

I find that almond milk is rich and creamy. Almond breeze brand is the best!!Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerrySpectrum Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:59:05 -0400Bob PRe: Coffee "Creamer"? I also drink coffee with a little bit of soy milk in it. When we travel, I use either the small Silk brand soy milk liquid containers (and waste most of them because even that is too much for the amount two people use for coffee) or we use soy milk powder. I think that you'd have better results with soy MILK powder instead or soy PROTEIN powder. Here's a link to one brand we've used.http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/M003493.htm If you get coffee from a coffee shop, they might have soy milk there, although some will charge you extra even for a few drops of it in your cup of coffee. Angela Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 11:32:32 AM, you wrote: > I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy > milk from Trader Joes for a " creamer " . I noticed that it has a > little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't > seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy. > My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use > in a powder form to lighten my coffee? > The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have > hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid. > I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with > no " crreamy " help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either. > What do others do, other than switching to black coffee? > Thanks,

I second that Almond Breeze makes a fine coffee creamer. They are available in 1/2 gallon fresh, or 1/4 gal asceptic, so you can take them along with you while you travel. The chocolate makes a nice "mocha." -Becky

-

genmjd1001

Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:35 AM

Re: Coffee "Creamer"?

I find that almond milk is rich and creamy. Almond breeze brand is the best!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Spectrum Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:59:05 -0400Bob PRe: Coffee "Creamer"?

I also drink coffee with a little bit of soy milk in it. When wetravel, I use either the small Silk brand soy milk liquid containers(and waste most of them because even that is too much for the amounttwo people use for coffee) or we use soy milk powder.I think that you'd have better results with soy MILK powder instead orsoy PROTEIN powder.Here's a link to one brand we've used.http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/M003493.htmIf you get coffee from a coffee shop, they might have soy milk there,although some will charge you extra even for a few drops of it in yourcup of coffee.AngelaWednesday, August 19, 2009, 11:32:32 AM, you wrote:> I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy> milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a> little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't> seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.> My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use> in a powder form to lighten my coffee?> The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have> hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.> I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with> no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.> What do others do, other than switching to black coffee?> Thanks,

That is my favorite also, and it does come in small 4 packs, and the chocolate is also available in the 4 packs).Jeanette-Rebecca Gosky fatfree vegan Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:33:29 +0000 (UTC)Re: Coffee "Creamer"?

I second that Almond Breeze makes a fine coffee creamer. They are available in 1/2 gallon fresh, or 1/4 gal asceptic, so you can take them along with you while you travel. The chocolate makes a nice "mocha." -Becky

-

genmjd1001

Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:35 AM

Re: Coffee "Creamer"?

I find that almond milk is rich and creamy. Almond breeze brand is the best!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Spectrum Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:59:05 -0400Bob P Re: Coffee "Creamer"?

I also drink coffee with a little bit of soy milk in it. When wetravel, I use either the small Silk brand soy milk liquid containers(and waste most of them because even that is too much for the amounttwo people use for coffee) or we use soy milk powder.I think that you'd have better results with soy MILK powder instead orsoy PROTEIN powder.Here's a link to one brand we've used.http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/M003493.htmIf you get coffee from a coffee shop, they might have soy milk there,although some will charge you extra even for a few drops of it in yourcup of coffee.AngelaWednesday, August 19, 2009, 11:32:32 AM, you wrote:> I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy> milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a> little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't> seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.> My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use> in a powder form to lighten my coffee?> The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have> hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.> I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with> no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.> What do others do, other than switching to black coffee?> Thanks,

I've used powdered soy milk when I travel which seems to work well. Or bought the little lunch packs of soy milk, I hate all of the packaging waste though.

-Erin

Bob P <bopeltzman Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:32:32 AM Coffee "Creamer"?

Hi, I've been on the the no fat, no dairy, veggie diet from Dr. Esselstyn for a few months now and my cholesterol level has dropped way below my goal of 150 (from 185), so I'm a happy guy.I like a cup of coffee in the morning and was using low fat soy milk from Trader Joes for a "creamer". I noticed that it has a little sodium cassinate in it (along with the soy) but it doesn't seem to bother my cholesterol level and makes my coffee yummy.My question is: We are going on vacation in a month; what can I use in a powder form to lighten my coffee?The powdered lighteners in the super-market all seem to have hydrogenated oils in them that I would like to avoid.I tried soy protein powder and all I got was a powdery taste with no "crreamy" help for the coffee at all. I even added a little sugar but that didn't help either.What do others do, other than switching to black coffee?Thanks,

Sheri told me about " Better-Than-Milk " and I found the best price to be at my

local health food store (Lassen's).

Thanks for all the help, you people are the best!

Bob P.

OK, thanks for all the super suggestions!

I'm going to print them out and head to my local Trader Joe's and health foods

store and try a few.

Now if I could only find a non-fat hummus recipe. I've tried the recipes that

use garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and garlic but not very exciting (to say the

least).

Maybe I'll do a search on this site and see what comes up.

Thanks again!

Bob P.

bopeltzman wrote:

> OK, thanks for all the super suggestions!

>

> I'm going to print them out and head to my local Trader Joe's and

> health foods store and try a few.

>

> Now if I could only find a non-fat hummus recipe. I've tried the

> recipes that use garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and garlic but not very

> exciting (to say the least).

I add jarred roasted red peppers to mine, and use WAY more garlic than

the recipes recommend, and I love it.

Serene

--

42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. http://42magazine.com

Hi Bob

You can get powdered soymilk online, " Better than Milk " brand, rich and

creamy!. I use is for camping, and travel. Even powdered espresso, with

powdered soymilk, added hot water make a fairly good caffe au lait.

Sweetened with maple syrup is wonderful!

lcc

I second the " Better than Milk " . I had some this morning in my coffee. I bought

a large quantity of it last year and use it as a thickener for things like

soups. It's good to have on hand for emergencies too. Whole Foods has it and so

does Azure Standard Co-op.

Michelle

, left coast carol <edgegardener wrote:

>

> Hi Bob

> You can get powdered soymilk online, " Better than Milk " brand, rich and

> creamy!. I use is for camping, and travel. Even powdered espresso, with

> powdered soymilk, added hot water make a fairly good caffe au lait.

> Sweetened with maple syrup is wonderful!

> lcc

>

Yes, Sheri was the first to tell me about that (Better-Than-Milk) and I ordered

it from my local health foods store. They are getting it from one of their other

stores and will let me know when it arrives.

I tried making hummus with the all the suggestions and it came out very well! I

put everything in it that I could find/buy. Garbanzo beans, green onions

(scallions), cummin, roasted peppers, jalapenos, lemon juice, and garlic. It's

so much better than my original formula.

I cut into triangles and baked some no-fat tortillas in the oven (350 degrees

for about 10 minutes on a cookie sheet) and used the resulting " chips " to scoop

up the melange. Delish!