IndiaDivine.org

no-fat hummus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi BobMy favourite hummus additions are ground cumin, liquid smoke and tomato paste. You can also use different types of beans, and add other things like roast peppers, chilli, scallions. Go crazy and add lots of flavours and you won't notice the lack of fat! Best wishesAlice LeonardANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and creamZEST FOR LIFE vegan cooking classesPO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New ZealandPhone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996www.facebook.com/alice.leonardDownsize your carbon footprint and upsize your compassion: go vegan! On 21/08/2009, at 7:37 AM, bopeltzman wrote:Now if I could only find a non-fat hummus recipe. I've tried the recipes that use garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and garlic but not very exciting (to say the least).

I put roasted bell peppers and jalapenos because I like a bite to itAlice Leonard <alice Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:11:56 PMRe: no-fat hummus

Hi BobMy favourite hummus additions are ground cumin, liquid smoke and tomato paste. You can also use different types of beans, and add other things like roast peppers, chilli, scallions. Go crazy and add lots of flavours and you won't notice the lack of fat! Best wishesAlice LeonardANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and creamZEST FOR

LIFE vegan cooking classesPO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New ZealandPhone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996www.facebook.com/alice.leonardDownsize your carbon footprint and upsize your compassion: go vegan! On

21/08/2009, at 7:37 AM, bopeltzman wrote:Now if I could only find a non-fat hummus recipe. I've tried the recipes that use garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and garlic but not very exciting (to say the least). 

OK, more great ideas. Can't wait to give 'em a try.

Thanks again!!

Bob P.

>

> Hi Bob

> My favourite hummus additions are ground cumin, liquid smoke and tomato paste.

You can also use different types of beans, and add other things like roast

peppers, chilli, scallions. Go crazy and add lots of flavours and you won't

notice the lack of fat!

>

> Best wishes

> Alice Leonard

>

> ANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and cream

>

> ZEST FOR LIFE vegan cooking classes

>

> PO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand

> Phone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996

> www.facebook.com/alice.leonard

>

>

> Downsize your carbon footprint and upsize your compassion: go vegan!

>

>

>

> On 21/08/2009, at 7:37 AM, bopeltzman wrote:

>

>

> >Now if I could only find a non-fat hummus recipe. I've tried the recipes that

use garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and garlic but not very exciting (to say the

least).

> >

>

I am looking forward to trying all the yummy suggestions.

Adding cooked eggplant gives a nice smooth texture.

Some of the middle eastern, persian, and asian stores sell a jar of cooked

eggplant.

Teresa M.