IndiaDivine.org

TofuXpress

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have one and use it all the time - it works great. I always had a hard time

getting all water out - I wasn't patient or coordinated enough. I also thought

it was a little pricey but it works good.

~Paul

, " Judy Goldsmith " <judyjtg wrote:

>

> I've read about the TofuXpress Works in several places.

Judy,

I, at this point in my life, would not purchase a kitchen tool that only did one

or two things - I just press my tofu on a plate with another plate on top and a

can on top of the first plate. I'm sure this tool REALLY presses it, but the

method I've learned works ok...I suppose I could put the tofu in the strainer

over a bowl for better drainage, too.

Gwen

, " Judy Goldsmith " <judyjtg wrote:

>

> I've read about the TofuXpress Works in several places. Most recently it

> was featured in VegNews. I was going to buy one, but it's $31. That's a

> lot of money for me. Does anybody have experience with this tool?

> Suggestions?

>

>

>

> http://www.tofuxpress.com/index.php?option=com_content

> <http://www.tofuxpress.com/index.php?option=com_content & view=article & id=25 & I

> temid=28> & view=article & id=25 & Itemid=28

>

>

>

> Judy

>

> I've read about the TofuXpress Works in several places. Most recently

it

> was featured in VegNews. I was going to buy one, but it's $31.

And don't forget the $12 shipping fee.

It looks like a great product, but way too expensive for me. I'll just

continue to use my cast iron skillets and folded towels until I hit the

lottery.

Sue in NJ

Did anyone look at the website?? I have never gotten my tofu that flat and waterless with my cast iron frying pan method! It is alot of money though.... and there is the issue of my tiny kitchen. What else can it be used for? I don't really eat enough frozen spinach to justify it...

veggieblake <veggies Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:55:33 PM Re: TofuXpress

Judy,I, at this point in my life, would not purchase a kitchen tool that only did one or two things - I just press my tofu on a plate with another plate on top and a can on top of the first plate. I'm sure this tool REALLY presses it, but the method I've learned works ok...I suppose I could put the tofu in the strainer over a bowl for better drainage, too. Gwen, "Judy Goldsmith" <judyjtg > wrote:>> I've read about the TofuXpress Works in several places. Most recently it> was featured in VegNews. I was going to buy one, but it's $31. That's a> lot of money for me. Does anybody have experience with this tool?> Suggestions?> > > > http://www.tofuxpre ss.com/index. php?option= com_content> <http://www.tofuxpre ss.com/index. php?option= com_content & view=article & id=25 & I> temid=28> & view=article & id=25 & Itemid= 28> > > > Judy>

For me the tofuxpress was worht it it was pricey but in my case I do have a small kitchen and fridge and I do not have much counter space so it is very hard to leave tofu out to press and impossible to leave it in the fridge pressing to get alot of water out so I took the risk and got it and it has worked out well for me its small enough that I can put it in the fridge over night and it doesnt take up much space plus it presses the water out better than towels and plates ever worked out for me I do only use it for tofu as I prefer fresh spinach but its easy to use that if I am running late my husband can put a block of tofu to press for me I could never ask him to do it before Blessed BeMARIzone 10www.facebook.com/mari.t.hernandez--- On Mon, 8/31/09, erin riley

<rileysoprano wrote:

erin riley <rileysopranoRe: Re: TofuXpress Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 1:54 PM

Did anyone look at the website?? I have never gotten my tofu that flat and waterless with my cast iron frying pan method! It is alot of money though.... and there is the issue of my tiny kitchen. What else can it be used for? I don't really eat enough frozen spinach to justify it...

But 11.95 shipping. That is just ridiculous!! It looks like it weighs nothing, should be about 3.95 to mail that. Not buying because of that.Mari <frowningangel Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 11:23:51 AMRe:

Re: TofuXpress

For me the tofuxpress was worht it it was pricey but in my case I do have a small kitchen and fridge and I do not have much counter space so it is very hard to leave tofu out to press and impossible to leave it in the fridge pressing to get alot of water out so I took the risk and got it and it has worked out well for me its small enough that I can put it in the fridge over night and it doesnt take up much space plus it presses the water out better than towels and plates ever worked out for me I do only use it for tofu as I prefer fresh spinach but its easy to use that if I am running late my husband can put a block of tofu to press for me I could never ask him to

do it before Blessed BeMARIzone 10www.facebook.com/mari.t.hernandez--- On Mon, 8/31/09, erin riley

<rileysoprano wrote:

erin riley <rileysopranoRe: Re: TofuXpress Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 1:54 PM

I've just never had any trouble getting the water out of my tofu, I guess.� When I'm doing a scramble or stir-fry, I put it in a colander that I set into a bowl, and let it sit for several hours. And when I'm doing anything else, a couple of plates and some heavy cans work just fine.

�

Faith

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM, spence <spenc5 wrote:

�

But 11.95 shipping.� That is just ridiculous!!� It looks like it weighs nothing, should be about 3.95 to mail that.� Not buying because of that.

I didn't know that there was that much water in tofu until I used the

TofuXpress. See what Bryanna Clark Grogan said this week about it:

http://veganfeastkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/08/best-scrambled-tofu.html

, erin riley <rileysoprano wrote:

>

> Did anyone look at the website?? I have never gotten my tofu that flat and

waterless with my cast iron frying pan method! It is alot of money though....

and there is the issue of my tiny kitchen. What else can it be used for? I don't

really eat enough frozen spinach to justify it...

>

>