IndiaDivine.org

protein

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Allopathic doctors are not well versed in nutrition and the education they do get on nutrition is very little at best it is safe to say they know nothing about nutrition, so my advise to you is to do what you are doing you are on the right track but be careful with protein way too much can cause damage to the liver by the way we don't need that much protein , there has never , ever been a case in the medical journals of protein deficiency ever,but cases are written everyday about protein overload. My suggestion is to do the research my top list of the best sites are

www.drmcdougall.com

wwww.drfurhman.com

wwww.PCRM.com ( This is the Physican's Committe for Responsible Medicine)

vegsource.com

these site have the best information on great health though great eating.

In Good Health..Naturally

Dr Scott B Raphael,TND

Doctor of Traditional Naturopathy

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Faith Stencel <chauceriangirl wrote:

Faith Stencel <chauceriangirlRe: protein Date: Wednesday, September 2, 2009, 12:01 PM

I'm still pretty new to this, but I understand that quinoa is a great source of protein. I also eat organic tofu, tempeh, and make homemade seitan. And beans, of course, whole grains, and nuts. Seriously, you shouldn't have much problem getting your protein, even though that's what so many people seem to focus on.

As a side note, when I told my doctor I am now vegan, he didn't know what it was. So I clarified, saying that I don't eat any dairy or eggs, and he immediately freaked out and told me to eat some nuts every day to make sure I get enough protein. :rolleyes

Faith

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM, llanwydd <llanwydd > wrote:

New here. Can anyone tell me what is the best source of vegetable protein? Thanks.

-- "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau Visit my blog at http://chauceriangi rl.wordpress. com/

I'll second that. My physician (whose daughter is also a veg too)recommended seeing a real nutritionist if I had any concerns.... She thought that they could be much more helpful than a regular GP.

I love that she didn't even raise an eyebrow though that I was a vegan. Just offered to add a B12 test in with my periodic blood work. In fact she is pretty pleased with my cholesterol, weight, blood-work etc... I've heard that some doctors are pretty negative.

scott raphael <drwellness1999 Sent: Friday, September 4, 2009 12:59:10 AMRe: protein

Allopathic doctors are not well versed in nutrition and the education they do get on nutrition is very little at best it is safe to say they know nothing about nutrition, so my advise to you is to do what you are doing you are on the right track but be careful with protein way too much can cause damage to the liver by the way we don't need that much protein , there has never , ever been a case in the medical journals of protein deficiency ever,but cases are written everyday about protein overload. My suggestion is to do the research my top list of the best sites are

www.drmcdougall. com

wwww.drfurhman. com

wwww.PCRM.com ( This is the Physican's Committe for Responsible Medicine)

vegsource.com

these site have the best information on great health though great eating.

In Good Health..Naturally

Dr Scott B Raphael,TND

Doctor of Traditional Naturopathy

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Faith Stencel <chauceriangirl@ gmail.com> wrote:

Faith Stencel <chauceriangirl@ gmail.com>Re: proteinWednesday, September 2, 2009, 12:01 PM

I'm still pretty new to this, but I understand that quinoa is a great source of protein. I also eat organic tofu, tempeh, and make homemade seitan. And beans, of course, whole grains, and nuts. Seriously, you shouldn't have much problem getting your protein, even though that's what so many people seem to focus on.

As a side note, when I told my doctor I am now vegan, he didn't know what it was. So I clarified, saying that I don't eat any dairy or eggs, and he immediately freaked out and told me to eat some nuts every day to make sure I get enough protein. :rolleyes

Faith

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM, llanwydd <llanwydd > wrote:

New here. Can anyone tell me what is the best source of vegetable protein? Thanks.

-- "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau Visit my blog at http://chauceriangi rl.wordpress. com/

Erin, you can even get erroneous information from nutritionists, too. Be careful that whomever you see understands and supports plant-based diets. Great that your doctor understood the necessity of vegans getting enough B12.

As we know, there are even cardiologists who tell us our hearts will be just fine with lots of meat and dairy and little complex carbs. I'm thinking Atkins here. And in the latest AARP magazine, there was an article about how we need to make sure we get enough protein from sources such as chicken, beef, pork, lamb, fish. Otherwise we'll get this horrible muscle-wasting disease that will make us fall down and break our bones. They got this info from the Department of Agriculture.

I listen to and read everything I can from Dr. McDougal, Dr. Fuhrman, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. M.D., and Dr. Barnard. If info from a doctor or a nutritionist doesn't jive with what these doctors say, then I ignore it.

erin riley <rileysoprano

Fri, Sep 4, 2009 9:36 am

Re: protein

I'll second that. My physician (whose daughter is also a veg too)recommended seeing a real nutritionist if I had any concerns.... She thought that they could be much more helpful than a regular GP.

I love that she didn't even raise an eyebrow though that I was a vegan. Just offered to add a B12 test in with my periodic blood work. In fact she is pretty pleased with my cholesterol, weight, blood-work etc... I've heard that some doctors are pretty negative.

No kidding! I have had several nutritionists and doctors warn me about "vitamin a toxicity" (I am pale and all of the veggie and fruits tend to give me an orangish/yellow tint). However after getting a second opinion and reading some other books (such as Dr. McDougal's) it seems that the vitamin A in veggies is beta carotene NOT vit. A acetate so.... yellowish/orange (as long as it isn't jaudice) = health.So I can see what you mean. "marylizzy" <marylizzy Sent: Friday, September 4, 2009 7:52:44 PMRe: protein

Erin, you can even get erroneous information from nutritionists, too. Be careful that whomever you see understands and supports plant-based diets. Great that your doctor understood the necessity of vegans getting enough B12.

As we know, there are even cardiologists who tell us our hearts will be just fine with lots of meat and dairy and little complex carbs. I'm thinking Atkins here. And in the latest AARP magazine, there was an article about how we need to make sure we get enough protein from sources such as chicken, beef, pork, lamb, fish. Otherwise we'll get this horrible muscle-wasting disease that will make us fall down and break our bones. They got this info from the Department of Agriculture.

I listen to and read everything I can from Dr. McDougal, Dr. Fuhrman, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. M.D., and Dr. Barnard. If info from a doctor or a nutritionist doesn't jive with what these doctors say, then I ignore it.

erin riley <rileysoprano@ >

Fri, Sep 4, 2009 9:36 am

Re: protein