IndiaDivine.org

Is store-bought pasta fully 'vegan'?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I thought that MOST pasta in grocery stores is vegan (basically refined flour and water).Is that not the case?If that is NOT true, a great many erstwhile vegans are not really practicing the dietary side of veganism after all...  IF most store-bought pasta is NOT vegan-friendly.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM, llanwydd <llanwydd wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question but are there any vegan pastas? If so, could anyone recommend one to me. I would probably make a vegan primavera sauce to go with it.

Gotta look for egg products Progresso elbow mac has eggs so reading labels becomes important -don't assumeDeBoles pasta, Ancient Harvest -they have a line of vegan pastas -Whole Foods carries DeBolesSent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry "Maynard S. Clark" <Maynard.ClarkSat, 3 Oct 2009 15:43:21 -0400 Is store-bought pasta fully 'vegan'? I thought that MOST pasta in grocery stores is vegan (basically refined flour and water).Is that not the case?If that is NOT true, a great many erstwhile vegans are not really practicing the dietary side of veganism after all...  IF most store-bought pasta is NOT vegan-friendly.On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM, llanwydd <llanwydd > wrote:I hope this isn't a dumb question but are there any vegan pastas? If so, could anyone recommend one to me. I would probably make a vegan primavera sauce to go with it.

Most DRY pasta in the stores is vegan. You may find some fresh pasta (in the cooler section) is not. And certainly egg noodles are not.

Anna

On 4/10/09 5:43 AM, " Maynard S. Clark " <Maynard.Clark wrote:

I thought that MOST pasta in grocery stores is vegan (basically refined flour and water).

Is that not the case?

If that is NOT true, a great many erstwhile vegans are not really practicing the dietary side of veganism after all...  IF most store-bought pasta is NOT vegan-friendly.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM, llanwydd <llanwydd wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question but are there any vegan pastas? If so, could anyone recommend one to me. I would probably make a vegan primavera sauce to go with it.