Suggestions for appliances?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In the next few months I hope to be adding or replacing some of the " small "

machines that would help me in food preparation. I need some

advice/recommendations.

What would you recommend for the following? dehydrator, blender (not Vita Mix,

thank you -- can not afford it)soymilk maker, yogurt maker. I prefer things

made with glass and metal rather than plastic. In short, I would like appliances

that are well made and long lasting, sturdy and easy to use -- and oh,yes, not

to expensive!

Is this do-able? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fon Vestal

fonv

As far as the " not too expensive " goes....if you drink a reasonable amount of soymilk I highly recommend making your own!

I have a SoyToy that I've had for probably about 4 years now. It makes great soymilk, but there is absolutely no support. I originally bought it because there was a very active list that was so incredibly helpful, but that bit the dust long ago.

I would be interested to see what others recommend for a soymilk machine, and what kind of support is out there.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:04 PM, fonv <fonv wrote:

In the next few months I hope to be adding or replacing some of the " small " machines that would help me in food preparation. I need some advice/recommendations. What would you recommend for the following? dehydrator, blender (not Vita Mix, thank you -- can not afford it)soymilk maker, yogurt maker. I prefer things made with glass and metal rather than plastic. In short, I would like appliances that are well made and long lasting, sturdy and easy to use -- and oh,yes, not to expensive!

Is this do-able? Any help and advice would be appreciated.Thanks,Fon Vestalfonv

For my money I would buy a good immersion blender or large capacity food proccesor (or both) for soups, salsas, hummus etc...... A good food proccesor can even be used to make pastry & bread doughs.Those are the two appliances I use the most.-ErinSent from my iPhoneOn Oct 31, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Momcat <Momcat55 wrote:

As far as the "not too expensive" goes....if you drink a reasonable amount of soymilk I highly recommend making your own!

I have a SoyToy that I've had for probably about 4 years now. It makes great soymilk, but there is absolutely no support. I originally bought it because there was a very active list that was so incredibly helpful, but that bit the dust long ago.

I would be interested to see what others recommend for a soymilk machine, and what kind of support is out there.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:04 PM, fonv <fonv wrote:

In the next few months I hope to be adding or replacing some of the "small" machines that would help me in food preparation. I need some advice/recommendations. What would you recommend for the following? dehydrator, blender (not Vita Mix, thank you -- can not afford it)soymilk maker, yogurt maker. I prefer things made with glass and metal rather than plastic. In short, I would like appliances that are well made and long lasting, sturdy and easy to use -- and oh,yes, not to expensive!

Is this do-able? Any help and advice would be appreciated.Thanks,Fon Vestalfonv

I love my food processor, I have an old (25 yrs?) Cuisinart. I also have an old

(only 10 years) Cuisinart blender that served me well. You can make yogurt the

" old fashioned " way, with canning jars for cups and culturing in an oven with

the pilot light on or in an electric blanket on low.

Elysa

, " fonv " <fonv wrote:

>

> In the next few months I hope to be adding or replacing some of the " small "

machines that would help me in food preparation. I need some

advice/recommendations.

>

> What would you recommend for the following? dehydrator, blender (not Vita Mix,

thank you -- can not afford it)soymilk maker, yogurt maker. I prefer things

made with glass and metal rather than plastic. In short, I would like appliances

that are well made and long lasting, sturdy and easy to use -- and oh,yes, not

to expensive!

>

> Is this do-able? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

>

> Thanks,

> Fon Vestal

> fonv

>