I use my soymilk machine weekly about 1:3 for making soymilk for cereal (and

feeding yogurt starter) and making genuine non-fat vegan yogurt for about 40

cents per half-gallon+.

For soy milk machines, I've recommended in other groups that people take a look

at this site, where they make some detailed reviews of most of the major types

of soymilk makers:

http://www.soya.be/soy-milk-maker.php

In the USA I think that the Soyquick and Soyajoy machines have become the most

popular. Most people I've heard from in the veggie groups like them really well.

It's even made some of the other manufacturers a little desperate.

I was able to buy a Soywonder machine new from the manufacturer on eBay for

around $80 delivered. I thought it was a good deal and I believe they are still

selling some there from time to time. My machine has the faults of it's review,

a dumber processor that requires you to pre-heat the water and being a little

bit harder to clean. It's particularly vulnerable to getting scorched soy or

other bean-schmuze on the heating element, needing to be scrubbed with a

stainless-steel pad. Though I've worked out some tricks to use it better. But it

makes the largest batch size of 2+ liters and is a very durable, dependable

machine that should last a long time, if not forever. It's gotten good write-up

on the Pleasant-Hill Grain site where they sell it for $150. But for that much

money, I think I'd get the premium Soyquick model.

Take care;

Slim

Here's the recipe for the yogurt:

/message/12777

(I wonder why the message search no longer works on these groups? !??!)

Good Luck Everybody,

Slim

, " carold " <auntyfaye wrote:

>

> That sounds like a possiblity. Anyone have some reccommendations as to model

and/or brand? Are they expensive?

>

> Carol in MIch

>

>

> , Momcat <Momcat55@> wrote:

> >

> > I think perhaps the best way to get what you want is to make your own.

> >

> > A soymilk machine might be a pricey investment, but add up what you spend in

> > a year on soymilk and figure out the actual costs.

>

WOW, Slim!

Thanks so much for your info, an I particularly appreciated your personal comments.

Even though mine is still working just find, I've often thought about buying another. Mine is one of the few that starts with dry beans. That aspect is really handy for the times I decide to make something that calls for more soymilk than I have on hand.

But after reading the reviews, they all pretty much indicate that you get better tasting soymilk when the beans are soaked.

Thanks again for your input..

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Slim <slim_langer wrote:

I use my soymilk machine weekly about 1:3 for making soymilk for cereal (and feeding yogurt starter) and making genuine non-fat vegan yogurt for about 40 cents per half-gallon+.For soy milk machines, I've recommended in other groups that people take a look at this site, where they make some detailed reviews of most of the major types of soymilk makers:

http://www.soya.be/soy-milk-maker.phpIn the USA I think that the Soyquick and Soyajoy machines have become the most popular. Most people I've heard from in the veggie groups like them really well. It's even made some of the other manufacturers a little desperate.

I was able to buy a Soywonder machine new from the manufacturer on eBay for around $80 delivered. I thought it was a good deal and I believe they are still selling some there from time to time. My machine has the faults of it's review, a dumber processor that requires you to pre-heat the water and being a little bit harder to clean. It's particularly vulnerable to getting scorched soy or other bean-schmuze on the heating element, needing to be scrubbed with a stainless-steel pad. Though I've worked out some tricks to use it better. But it makes the largest batch size of 2+ liters and is a very durable, dependable machine that should last a long time, if not forever. It's gotten good write-up on the Pleasant-Hill Grain site where they sell it for $150. But for that much money, I think I'd get the premium Soyquick model.

Take care;SlimHere's the recipe for the yogurt:/message/12777

(I wonder why the message search no longer works on these groups? !??!)Good Luck Everybody,Slim , " carold " <auntyfaye wrote:

>> That sounds like a possiblity. Anyone have some reccommendations as to model and/or brand? Are they expensive?> > Carol in MIch> > > , Momcat <Momcat55@> wrote:

> >> > I think perhaps the best way to get what you want is to make your own.> > > > A soymilk machine might be a pricey investment, but add up what you spend in> > a year on soymilk and figure out the actual costs.

>

I have a SoyQuick maker and like it.  I pre-soak batches of beans and freeze them. With a quick thaw under running water it's easy to have a batch of milk underway in minutes.  <Momcat55 wrote:

Even though mine is still working just find, I've often thought about buying another. Mine is one of the few that starts with dry beans. That aspect is really handy for the times I decide to make something that calls for more soymilk than I have on hand.

Ok Guys,

I am in the Houston area. Where can I a soy milk machine and the best source for soy beans.

Convinced,

Tom W

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Debbie <debbie wrote:

I have a SoyQuick maker and like it.  I pre-soak batches of beans and freeze them. With a quick thaw under running water it's easy to have a batch of milk underway in minutes. 

<Momcat55 wrote:

-- TCW

I bought mine directly from SoyQuick.  I buy my beans at my local whole-foods coop, but they (often) get them from Paul's Grains here in Iowa.  (Look under the whole grains price list.) I've also ordered beans and other grains from them and they offer superb service. 

I have heard claims that Laura soybeans make the best (least beany) soymilk and tofu, but have not tried them. 

Debbie

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Tom Williams <tomcw4aa wrote:

I am in the Houston area. Where can I a soy milk machine and the best source for soy beans.