IndiaDivine.org

RE: Daiya cheese

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I’d heard that ZPizza is starting to use this stuff too,

there’s a couple of local locations. See their website:

www.zpizza.com

Last I heard, they’re rolling it out slowly to each

location, so best check before blindly ordering their soy cheese pizza.

Original tip:

http://www.vegblog.org/archive/2009/07/29/zpizza-now-offering-daiya-vegan-cheese/

Chris

On Behalf Of Joelle

Katcher

Monday, August 31, 2009 3:25 PM

BAV mail list

Daiya cheese

i went to LA last weekend and had pizza at CRuzer with the new vegan cheese

daiya on it. it was amaaaaaaazing. i emailed whole foods and rainbow in SF to

see if either place might be interested in carrying the cheese and neither

place has gotten back to me. anyone know someone they can pull some strings

with or want to try working this out yourself? it is seriously the best

meltable vegan cheese ever!

-joelle

• 2 months later...

this is in regards to daiya cheese and all vegan cheese. http://nothoney.com/2009/06/15/vegan-cheese-is-just-as-inhumane-as-dairy-cheese/ talks about how it is just as unhealthy and causes as much destruction and cruelty to wildlife as real dairy causes to the environment and farm animals. I know there is almost nothing we do as humans that doesnt cause destruction and cruelty in some way, but I just think that we all have a right to know the facts and make an educated dession so I am passing this along. It also has some good links towards the end of the article. "Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The

XIV

I read the comments on the posts for the vegan cheese...my goodness, there are a lot of mean and angry people in this world.It is hard to learn everything about everything, but I think for the most part, those that are vegan are trying to make a difference, not only for their health but for our planet. It is another sadness, and typical, that an industry out for the all might buck would make a product that is no better than the ones we are trying to get away from. Another reason why reading every label is important. Being vegan is hard work and a daily learning exercise.hoo.com> Sent: Wed, November 11, 2009 12:47:09 PM RE: Daiya cheese

this is in regards to daiya cheese and all vegan cheese. http://nothoney.com/2009/06/15/vegan-cheese-is-just-as-inhumane-as-dairy-cheese/ talks about how it is just as unhealthy and causes as much destruction and cruelty to wildlife as real dairy causes to the environment and farm animals. I know there is almost nothing we do as humans that doesnt cause destruction and cruelty in some way, but I just think that we all have a right to know the facts and make an educated dession so I am passing this along. It also has some good links towards the end of the

article. "Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures." -Dalai Lama of Tibet, His Holiness, The

XIV