IndiaDivine.org

Tuna Salad recipe?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I used to use Worthington's or Loma Linda (same company, different line) TUNO. It was wonderful! Just add whatever you used to use.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Cathy Haley <momof2n3 wrote:

Does anyone have a vegan tuna recipe so I could make tuna salad?I saw a tuna salad mix by Dixie Dinerhttp://www.veganessentials.com/catalog/tunanot-salad-mix-by-dixie-diner.htm

and I am not opposed to this idea, but I am not sure how good it might be. Anyone ever tried this?Cathy

using unsweetened, drained really well ( I use a towel or salad spinner to dry) and rinsed canned or home cooked garbanzo beans (also called cece or chickpea), smashed lightly in a processor or by hand with a potato masher, will take the place of the tuna. Then just add the same ingredients you used to use such as --diced onion and celery, grated carrot, green pepper, diced sweet or dill pickles, ---and just enough veganaise to bind. Sprinkling kelp power over and mixing in with salt and pepper gives it a fishy taste.Skinny Bitch has a recipe in her book that calls for 2 cups finely shredded parsnips,1 diced celery stalk, 1/4 onion diced, 1 lemon worth of zest -- and 1/2 of lemon worth of juice, 1/4 cup veganaise (you can use less), 1/2 tbsp sweet pickle relish, 1/2 tsp kelp powder, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp salt - - makes 3 generous

sandwiches. It is refreshing and surprisingly good. Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Sat, 11/21/09, Cathy Haley <momof2n3 wrote:Cathy Haley <momof2n3 Tuna Salad recipe? Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 8:58 AM

Does anyone have a vegan tuna recipe so I could make tuna salad?

I saw a tuna salad mix by Dixie Diner

http://www.veganess entials.com/ catalog/tunanot- salad-mix- by-dixie- diner.htm

and I am not opposed to this idea, but I am not sure how good it might

be. Anyone ever tried this?

Cathy