tortilla chips

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest time

finding chips that are oil free.

cornthins.com come close..

wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa while

watching dancing with the stars! :)

This may or may not work for you depending on how many chips you need but you can get corn tortillas and very, very lightly spray them with cooking spray. Thn you can cook them either in a nonstick skillet pan or in the oven. Watch to make sure they don't burn.  They're relly good that way.

faith

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak wrote:

hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest time finding chips that are oil free.cornthins.com come close.. wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa while watching dancing with the stars! :)

-- " Let us go forward into daylight, basking in the joy Christ radiates. May we leave our failures behind, accepting instead the Savior's gifts--healing from our disappointments, refinement through our experiences, and His ultimate commendation, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21). " --Kimberly Webb, Finding Daylight.

Visit my blog at http://chauceriangirl.wordpress.com/

yes and once you spray them, you can dust them with cajun or italian or cinn spice and take them up a notch. Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Sat, 11/21/09, Faith Stencel <chauceriangirl wrote:Faith Stencel <chauceriangirlRe: tortilla chips Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 7:27 PM

This may or may not work for you depending on how many chips you need but you can get corn tortillas and very, very lightly spray them with cooking spray. Thn you can cook them either in a nonstick skillet pan or in the oven. Watch to make sure they don't burn. They're relly good that way.

faith

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest time finding chips that are oil free.cornthins.com come close.. wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa while watching dancing with the stars! :)

-- "Let us go forward into daylight, basking in the joy Christ radiates. May we leave our failures behind, accepting instead the Savior's gifts--healing from our disappointments, refinement through our experiences, and His ultimate commendation, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant' (Matthew 25:21)." --Kimberly Webb, Finding Daylight.

Visit my blog at http://chauceriangi rl.wordpress. com/

I was making polenta the other day and it did occur to me that the same process could make some pretty good wholesome taco chips. Anybody tried this? On 22/11/2009, at 4:17 PM, Tom Fronczak, LICSW wrote: hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest time finding chips that are oil free. cornthins.com come close.. wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa while watching dancing with the stars! :)

if I type in 'baked polenta chips' recipe into my browser search engine, I get a return of a recipe for baked polenta fries coming from "101 cookbooks" blog and another from Jamie Oliver. The amount of oil to brown or fry is rather excessive and one calls for Parmesan cheese to help thicken the batter. I wonder if a cooking spray could be used instead and leave out the cheese--maybe just reduce the liquid in the original recipe. The dipping sauce might have to be bold to hide the bland taste of the 'fries'.Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Sat, 11/21/09, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:Alice Leonard <aliceRe: tortilla chips Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 9:01 PM

I was making polenta the other day and it did occur to me that the same process could make some pretty good wholesome taco chips. Anybody tried this? On 22/11/2009, at 4:17 PM, Tom Fronczak, LICSW wrote: hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest time

finding chips that are oil free. cornthins.com come close.. wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa while watching dancing with the stars! :)

Thanks for looking that up Patricia. I followed your lead, did the same search, and ended up at one of Susan V's blog posts where she made exactly what I had in mind. So I'm going to give that a try soon! On 22/11/2009, at 7:17 PM, Patricia A Squyres wrote:if I type in 'baked polenta chips' recipe into my browser search engine, I get a return of a recipe for baked polenta fries coming from "101 cookbooks" blog and another from Jamie Oliver. The amount of oil to brown or fry is rather excessive and one calls for Parmesan cheese to help thicken the batter. I wonder if a cooking spray could be used instead and leave out the cheese--maybe just reduce the liquid in the original recipe. The dipping sauce might have to be bold to hide the bland taste of the 'fries'.

let us know how it turns out and what you did. It might be a good thing to serve the guys while watching the Thanksgiving Day football games!!!Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Sat, 11/21/09, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:Alice Leonard <aliceRe: tortilla chips Date: Saturday, November 21, 2009, 11:08 PM

Thanks for looking that up Patricia. I followed your lead, did the same search, and ended up at one of Susan V's blog posts where she made exactly what I had in mind. So I'm going to give that a try soon! On 22/11/2009, at 7:17 PM, Patricia A Squyres wrote:if I type in 'baked polenta chips' recipe into my browser search engine, I get a return of a recipe for baked polenta fries coming from "101 cookbooks" blog and another from Jamie Oliver. The amount of oil to brown or fry is rather excessive and one calls for Parmesan cheese to help thicken the batter.

I wonder if a cooking spray could be used instead and leave out the cheese--maybe just reduce the liquid in the original recipe. The dipping sauce might have to be bold to hide the bland taste of the 'fries'.

Hi Tom, That's and easy one!I cut up tortillas and pita bread and run them in the dehydrator for a few hours.setting them in a low oven on a cookiet works also, but the dehydtrator seems to make a less " tough " chip.

Hope that helps!CarolOn Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak wrote:

hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest time finding chips that are oil free.

cornthins.com come close..

wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa while watching dancing with the stars! :)

Carol,

You're awesome!!! I bought a dehydrator a few weeks ago & never thought about

drying corn tortillas. I've got a few drying right now. I'm trying to leave some

on the tray so I'll know exactly how long they need to dry. They do taste

good,lol!

Rhoda

, Carol Widger <edgegardener wrote:

>

> Hi Tom,

> That's and easy one!

> I cut up tortillas and pita bread and run them in the dehydrator for a few

> hours.

> setting them in a low oven on a cookiet works also, but the dehydtrator

> seems to make a less " tough " chip.

> Hope that helps!

> Carol

>

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczakwrote:

>

> >

> >

> > hey all.. what are you doing for tortilla chips? I have had the hardest

> > time finding chips that are oil free.

> > cornthins.com come close..

> > wondering what you are all using if you want a tortilla chip with salsa

> > while watching dancing with the stars! :)

> >

> >

>