IndiaDivine.org

wholewheat bread

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just wanted to say a big thank you to whoever posted the link to www.make-your-own-bread.com. I've used the recipe twice now, and made the most amazingly delicious wholewheat bread!!! So easy, and cheap. I'd given up being able to include much wholehweat flour and getting a decent result, so I'm absolutely thrilled with this. Best wishesAlice LeonardANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and creamZEST FOR LIFE vegan cooking classesPO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New ZealandPhone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996www.facebook.com/alice.leonardAnd now, a blog: www.veganzestforlife.blogspot.comDownsize your carbon footprint and upsize your compassion: go vegan!

Alice,Thanks so much for the kind words. I created that site after, like you, trying and trying unsuccessfully to consistently get good whole wheat bread results. When I found this method from Laurel's Kitchen cookbook that works every time, I just wanted to share it!!Enjoy!BrendaAlice Leonard <aliceTo:

Sent: Thu, December 17, 2009 4:09:31 PM wholewheat bread

Just wanted to say a big thank you to whoever posted the link to www.make-your- own-bread. com. I've used the recipe twice now, and made the most amazingly delicious wholewheat bread!!! So easy, and cheap. I'd given up being able to include much wholehweat flour and getting a decent result, so I'm absolutely thrilled with this. Best wishesAlice LeonardANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and creamZEST FOR LIFE vegan cooking classesPO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New ZealandPhone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996www.facebook.com/alice.leonardAnd now, a blog: www.veganzestforlif e.blogspot. com

Tom,You can easily omit both the lecithin and oil. The only change you'll notice is that the bread won't keep quite as well .... you'll notice it getting dry after about 24 hours. But the first day, the bread will be great. Now, if you use it mainly for toast, no big deal. Alternatively, you could bake it in smaller loaves (like the 4" by 2" type of individual loaves ..... one recipe that makes an 8" by 4" pan will make four of the smaller, individual loaves).Brenda"Tom Fronczak, LICSW" <TJFronczak Fri, December 18, 2009 11:00:00 AM Re: wholewheat bread

Curious what you would suggest replacing the oil and lecithin with

tmake it truly no added fats/ oils?

~ • ~

Tom

TJFronczak (AT) aol (DOT) com

Sent from my iPhone

I included 1 teaspoon of lecithin but none of the oil - my husband is VERY sensitive to fats. I might put 2 teaspoon of lecithin next time. On 19/12/2009, at 3:52 PM, Brenda Wiley wrote:You can easily omit both the lecithin and oil. The only change you'll notice is that the bread won't keep quite as well .... you'll notice it getting dry after about 24 hours. But the first day, the bread will be great. Now, if you use it mainly for toast, no big deal. Alternatively, you could bake it in smaller loaves (like the 4" by 2" type of individual loaves ..... one recipe that makes an 8" by 4" pan will make four of the smaller, individual loaves).