IndiaDivine.org

NonStick cookware recommendationa - GreenPan @ HSN & Target

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've been using the GreenPans from Todd English ever since they came out; made

of Thermolon ceramic they contain no PFOA or PTFE. And now they're making them

hard anodized - even better!(See below).

Being a cookware junkie, I also saw that Cuisinart has come out with a line

containing no petroleum products: Cuisinart Green Gourmet Eco Friendly Cookware.

Also hard anodized. Haven't tried them yet.

Chupa

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GreenGourmet-Eco-Friendly-Nonstick-Anodized/dp/B\

001E96K7I

http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/todd-english-hard-anodized-by-greenpan-the-essenti\

al-gourmet-cookware-set_pf-523519_xp.aspx?club_id=523519 & sz=5 & sf=QC0002 & rdr=1 & cm\

_mmc=Shopping%20Engine-_-Froogle-_-Kitchen%20And%20Dining-_-5652520 & cawelaid=408\

PFOA is a chemical that is used in the manufacturing of traditional PTFE-based

nonstick cookware coatings and other products. It is not present in finished

cookware products, and there are no health risks from PFOA in cookware. However,

because PFOA has been found in the environment, companies have committed to the

Environmental Protection Agency to work toward eliminating facility emissions

and product content of PFOA by the year 2015. Thermolonâ„¢ is made without

PFOA. It is made to be eco-friendly for our environment.

PTFE is a chemical found in traditional nonstick coatings. It can begin to

degrade at temperatures over 500º, which is why the instructions on traditional

nonstick pans generally advise to use them only on low and medium heat. You can

use Thermolonâ„¢ on low and medium heat like traditional nonstick, but unlike

traditional nonstick coated pans, it's also made to be used at high heat (above

500º) for something you would normally use stainless steel or cast iron

cookware for. Now you can do it all with one pan!

Thanks for the info everybody! Now I have to see which brands are available here in New Zealand... Best wishesAlice LeonardANGEL FOOD for vegan treats: marshmallow, meringue, cheeses and creamZEST FOR LIFE vegan cooking classesPO Box 78111 Grey Lynn, Auckland, New ZealandPhone 0064 9 3764623 or 021 2964996www.facebook.com/alice.leonardAnd now, a blog: www.veganzestforlife.blogspot.comDownsize your carbon footprint and upsize your compassion: go vegan! On 22/12/2009, at 5:51 AM, Chupa Babi wrote: I've been using the GreenPans from Todd English ever since they came out; made of Thermolon ceramic they contain no PFOA or PTFE. And now they're making them hard anodized - even better!(See below). Being a cookware junkie, I also saw that Cuisinart has come out with a line containing no petroleum products: Cuisinart Green Gourmet Eco Friendly Cookware. Also hard anodized. Haven't tried them yet. Chupa http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GreenGourmet-Eco-Friendly-Nonstick-Anodized/dp/B001E96K7I http://kitchen-dining.hsn.com/todd-english-hard-anodized-by-greenpan-the-essential-gourmet-cookware-set_pf-523519_xp.aspx?club_id=523519 & sz=5 & sf=QC0002 & rdr=1 & cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engine-_-Froogle-_-Kitchen%20And%20Dining-_-5652520 & cawelaid=408684574 PFOA is a chemical that is used in the manufacturing of traditional PTFE-based nonstick cookware coatings and other products. It is not present in finished cookware products, and there are no health risks from PFOA in cookware. However, because PFOA has been found in the environment, companies have committed to the Environmental Protection Agency to work toward eliminating facility emissions and product content of PFOA by the year 2015. Thermolon™ is made without PFOA. It is made to be eco-friendly for our environment. PTFE is a chemical found in traditional nonstick coatings. It can begin to degrade at temperatures over 500º, which is why the instructions on traditional nonstick pans generally advise to use them only on low and medium heat. You can use Thermolon™ on low and medium heat like traditional nonstick, but unlike traditional nonstick coated pans, it's also made to be used at high heat (above 500º) for something you would normally use stainless steel or cast iron cookware for. Now you can do it all with one pan!