IndiaDivine.org

Vegan recipe Dog Treats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tom, I will send the recipe to your email address. I have a recipe for Doggie Biscotti that comes from the cookbook Rebar by Audrey Alsterberg and Wanda Urbanowicz. I've never tried it, so let us know how it turns out.

Dena

-

Tom Fronczak, LICSW

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 5:15 PM

Vegan recipe Dog Treats

Does anyone have a whole food, plant based recipe for dog treats?I have been purchasing quinoa dog treats from www.onceuponadog.com My dogs love them but they cost like $27/box.Love to make some of my own, low fat, vegan.Ideas? Recipes?ThanksTom=

Our dog loved watermelon, and could eat a whole one! LOL

heres thoughts, take what you will

I imagine something with a quinoa flour base, a little flax to stick it

together, maybeesome carrots and green beans, and molasses...

Isn't a little bit of oil, maybe some flax, good for a dog's coat?

Mix into a thick dough and spead out onto partchment paper on a cooky

sheet. bake till firm then cut into small squares. Finish drying

Look at the ingredients on the box, and play around with small batches.

Dogs are nicer than people and perfectly willing to eat your " mistakes "

Do dogs digest cooked beans well? Maybe some of that in the mash.

Vegetarian refries, quinoa flour mix?

I don't keep animals, but loved the dog we has as a kid.

lcc

Tom Fronczak, LICSW wrote:

>

>

> Does anyone have a whole food, plant based recipe for dog treats?

>

> I have been purchasing quinoa dog treats from www.onceuponadog.com My

> dogs love them but they cost like $27/box.

>

> Love to make some of my own, low fat, vegan.

>

> Ideas? Recipes?

>

> Thanks

> Tom=

>

>

I am feeding my 3 large dogs vegan food, but it is expensive. I started to request vegan dog food from the suggestion box at Costco, so they would carry an affordable dry dog kibble. I would save a trip to the pet stores and save a bundle. I have them on one brand, but one dog itches too much. so I would like to request the Dick Van Patten's brand that seems healthier, but more costly. With Costco's buying power, the price of a good quality vegan dog food and possibly dog treats if we request them should go down quite a bit. I request vegan foods at Costco all the time in their suggestion box. Thank you. Maureen

Dena Jo <DenaJo2 Sent: Wed, February 3, 2010 4:22:35 PMRe: Vegan recipe Dog Treats

Tom, I will send the recipe to your email address. I have a recipe for Doggie Biscotti that comes from the cookbook Rebar by Audrey Alsterberg and Wanda Urbanowicz. I've never tried it, so let us know how it turns out.

Dena

-

Tom Fronczak, LICSW

Vegan recipe Dog Treats

Does anyone have a whole food, plant based recipe for dog treats?I have been purchasing quinoa dog treats from www.onceuponadog. com My dogs love them but they cost like $27/box.Love to make some of my own, low fat, vegan.Ideas? Recipes?ThanksTom=

I would like to see some vegan dog biscuit recipes. I know that soy is one ingredient that you have to be very careful with because some breeds like shih tzus are allergic to soy and it can make them very itchy.

maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto Sent: Wed, February 3, 2010 6:49:54 PMRe: Vegan recipe Dog Treats

I am feeding my 3 large dogs vegan food, but it is expensive. I started to request vegan dog food from the suggestion box at Costco, so they would carry an affordable dry dog kibble. I would save a trip to the pet stores and save a bundle. I have them on one brand, but one dog itches too much. so I would like to request the Dick Van Patten's brand that seems healthier, but more costly. With Costco's buying power, the price of a good quality vegan dog food and possibly dog treats if we request them should go down quite a bit. I request vegan foods at Costco all the time in their suggestion box. Thank you. Maureen

Dena Jo <DenaJo2 >Wed, February 3, 2010 4:22:35 PMRe: Vegan recipe Dog Treats

Dena

-

Tom Fronczak, LICSW

Vegan recipe Dog Treats

Does anyone have a whole food, plant based recipe for dog treats?I have been purchasing quinoa dog treats from www.onceuponadog. com My dogs love them but they cost like $27/box.Love to make some of my own, low fat, vegan.Ideas? Recipes?ThanksTom=

Hi Tom,

I have the sweetest little (not that little) pekingese kennel dog named Wendy. She spent her first years in a cage and was used for breeding. She doesn't have a whole lot of teeth so I started making her pancakes....little, silver dollar sized pancakes. I zip up oats to make the flour. I let them sit in warmed almond milk until they expand. Then I add in a TBSP of a good oil, a flax seed egg, (1 Tbsp ground flax to 2 Tbsp water), a little baking powder and sometimes a little maple syrup or cinnamon. Then I fry them on a dry griddle. It sounds like more work than it is. She LOVES them. I first tried leaving them in a warm oven to dry, but they were to hard for her to eat.....It works for us!

Stef

"The basis of all animal rights should be The Golden Rule: we should treat them as we would wish them to treat us, were any other species in our dominant position."

***Christine Stevens--- On Wed, 2/3/10, Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak wrote:

Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak Vegan recipe Dog Treats Received: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 4:15 PM

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

aren't dogs carnivores?--- On Wed, 2/3/10, steff davidson <steffdav46 wrote:steff davidson <steffdav46Re: Vegan recipe Dog Treats Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 8:54 PM

Hi Tom,

I have the sweetest little (not that little) pekingese kennel dog named Wendy. She spent her first years in a cage and was used for breeding. She doesn't have a whole lot of teeth so I started making her pancakes.... little, silver dollar sized pancakes. I zip up oats to make the flour. I let them sit in warmed almond milk until they expand. Then I add in a TBSP of a good oil, a flax seed egg, (1 Tbsp ground flax to 2 Tbsp water), a little baking powder and sometimes a little maple syrup or cinnamon. Then I fry them on a dry griddle. It sounds like more work than it is. She LOVES them. I first tried leaving them in a warm oven to dry, but they were to hard for her to eat.....It works for us!

Stef

"The basis of all animal rights should be The Golden Rule: we should treat them as we would wish them to treat us, were any other species in our dominant position."

***Christine Stevens--- On Wed, 2/3/10, Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

Tom Fronczak, LICSW <TJFronczak (AT) aol (DOT) com> Vegan recipe Dog TreatsReceived: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 4:15 PM

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Dogs are omnivores; they can eat anything people do. (Though there are some groups who would have you believe they should eat only raw meat.)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Polly Freshwater <eaufraiche703 wrote:

aren't dogs carnivores?

I'm sorry. I broke my own rule and commented on something that was off topic. I apologize.

Debbie

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Debbie <debbie wrote:

Dogs are omnivores; they can eat anything people do. (Though there are some groups who would have you believe they should eat only raw meat.)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Polly Freshwater <eaufraiche703 wrote:

aren't dogs carnivores?