IndiaDivine.org

new and need help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All, I am new at fat free and need help as well. I have been mostly vegan for a year and have put on 20+ pounds in that time. I am 55 and I also do not believe that you have to fall apart. I find I eat the same things over and over. Meal planning and menus would be oh so helpful to me. I just joined this group yesterday and ordered the fat free cookbook by McDougal (not sure I spelled the name correctly). I also plan to start an exercise program tomorrow.

Any help with menu planning and very easy recipes would be most appreciated by me. I work long hours so need to have menus that are quick and easy.

Look forward to hearing from you and so glad to have found this group.

Thanks

Pam

In a message dated 2/7/2010 3:43:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kattssmith writes:

Hi allI am new at fat free and I need help. I've been vegetarian for several years. Since I turned 53 ( where did my life go?) I have put on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. I feel so fat an my IBS is bothers me more because of the weight. I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.Has anyone used Tofu cheeses before? How do they taste or melt?How hard is it to take an everyday recipe and convert it to fat free?Thanks in advance for any help. I cannot wait to start getting back to myself. It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my doctor told me " that's what happens as your age" I for one, don't believe because you age you have to fall apart.Thanks Edith

Hi all

I am new at fat free and I need help. I've been vegetarian for several years.

Since I turned 53 ( where did my life go?) I have put on 20 lbs in a short

amount of time. I feel so fat an my IBS is bothers me more because of the

weight. I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem

with what to eat and how to put together a meal.

Has anyone used Tofu cheeses before? How do they taste or melt?

How hard is it to take an everyday recipe and convert it to fat free?

Thanks in advance for any help. I can not wait to start getting back to myself.

It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my doctor

told me " that's what happens as your age " I for one, don't believe because you

age you have to fall apart.

Thanks

Edith

UGH. One of my pet peeves--a doctor who uses "age" as a medical diagnosis! I am kind of where you are--in my 50's, IBS, weight gain. I also have tons of aches and pains, and I'm constantly too tired to do anything--not so great with six kids homeschooling! Meal planning without meat is a problem for me, too, despite all I do know about the vegan diet. Sorry I can't be much help, but maybe it helps to know you're not alone. :) Marilyn

kattssmith <kattssmith

Sun, Feb 7, 2010 3:42 pm

new and need help

Hi all

I am new at fat free and I need help. I've been vegetarian for several years. Since I turned 53 ( where did my life go?) I have put on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. I feel so fat an my IBS is bothers me more because of the weight. I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.

Thanks in advance for any help. I can not wait to start getting back to myself. It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my doctor told me " that's what happens as your age" I for one, don't believe because you age you have to fall apart.

Thanks

Edith

For those of you with IBS, have you tried going gluten free? 

Almost every single person I know who suffers from IBS has tremendous

resolution when they go gluten-free.

On

Behalf Of sahmomof9

Sunday, February 07, 2010 2:23 PM

Re: new and need help

UGH. One of my pet peeves--a doctor who uses " age " as a

medical diagnosis! I am kind of where you are--in my 50's, IBS, weight gain. I

also have tons of aches and pains, and I'm constantly too tired to do

anything--not so great with six kids homeschooling! Meal planning without meat

is a problem for me, too, despite all I do know about the vegan diet. Sorry I

can't be much help, but maybe it helps to know you're not alone. :) Marilyn

kattssmith <kattssmith

new and need help

Hi all

It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my

doctor told me " that's what happens as your age " I for one, don't

believe because you age you have to fall apart.

Thanks

Edith

Hi Edith,

I am 55 and know what you're talking about.

In 2008, using the information from Dr. Fuhrman's book, Eat to Live, I went from

175 to my current 139.

There's lots of online support, both at this group and at

Eat-2-Live/

I love the recipes at http://www.fatfreevegan.com/etl.shtml

Twenty pounds is totally doable.

Hugs of support,

Teresa M.

, " kattssmith " <kattssmith wrote:

>

> Hi all

>

> I am new at fat free and I need help.

The free McDougall program includes some sample meals.The better tasting and melting vegan cheeses are high fat and not suitable for a fatfree diet. I would recommend focusing on recipes that don't call for cheese.  You might miss it at first but your tastes will adapt, especially if you're trying new foods instead.

I'm not sure what you mean by an " everyday recipe " -- if the fat in the original recipe is used primarily to saute vegetables, conversion is relatively easy by sauteeing in a dry nonstick pan or with small amounts of broth or water instead of oil. If the recipe calls for meat you can sometimes substitute beans, mushrooms, tofu or, if you have to, meat analogues.  Personally, I would avoid the fake meats except perhaps briefly as transition foods or when entertaining non-vegans.  For wonderful recipes designed for fatfree vegan eating you can't do any better than the recipes at Susan's blog Many of them I would consider to be " everyday recipes " and every one I have tried has been great.

DebbieOn Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM, kattssmith <kattssmith wrote:

I need information for planning menus and recipes?  I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.

Has anyone used Tofu cheeses before?  How do they taste or melt?

Welcome to the group!There are a lot of resources on Dr. McDougall's website.  There's the free program that includes a week's worth of menus.  There are menus for the 5-day live-in program the McDougall's run in Santa Rosa.  And there are tons of recipes in their newsletter recipe archive. Most of Mary's recipes are pretty easy to make.

Lately, I've been into super simple meals, consisting of a bowl or plate of cooked grains or pasta or potatoes topped with a bag of mixed frozen veggies and some kind of sauce --  marinara sauce or salsa or teriyaki sauce, or bean soup.*  Just piled up and heated in the microwave.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Debbie* Susan's Southwestern Yellow Split-Pea Soup is glorious on its own and also makes a superb sauce for this type of meal.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM, <pamelaann5543 wrote:

Any help with menu planning and very easy recipes would be most appreciated by me.  I work long hours so need to have menus that are quick and easy. 

I forgot to mention the forums at DrMcDougall.com -- there are lots of meal and recipe ideas there, too. On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Debbie <debbie wrote:

Welcome to the group!There are a lot of resources on Dr. McDougall's website.  There's the free program that includes a week's worth of menus.  There are menus for the 5-day live-in program the McDougall's run in Santa Rosa.  And there are tons of recipes in their newsletter recipe archive. Most of Mary's recipes are pretty easy to make.

Lately, I've been into super simple meals, consisting of a bowl or plate of cooked grains or pasta or potatoes topped with a bag of mixed frozen veggies and some kind of sauce --  marinara sauce or salsa or teriyaki sauce, or bean soup.*  Just piled up and heated in the microwave.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Debbie* Susan's Southwestern Yellow Split-Pea Soup is glorious on its own and also makes a superb sauce for this type of meal.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM, <pamelaann5543 wrote:

Any help with menu planning and very easy recipes would be most appreciated by me.  I work long hours so need to have menus that are quick and easy. 

Thanks a lot for your help. I will check into the websitesEdith--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Debbie <debbie wrote:Debbie <debbieRe: new and need help Date: Monday, February 8, 2010, 3:11 AM

I forgot to mention the forums at DrMcDougall. com -- there are lots of meal and recipe ideas there, too. On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Debbie <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> wrote:

Welcome to the group!There are a lot of resources on Dr. McDougall's website. There's the free program that includes a week's worth of menus. There are menus for the 5-day live-in program the McDougall's run in Santa Rosa. And there are tons of recipes in their newsletter recipe archive. Most of Mary's recipes are pretty easy to make.

Lately, I've been into super simple meals, consisting of a bowl or plate of cooked grains or pasta or potatoes topped with a bag of mixed frozen veggies and some kind of sauce -- marinara sauce or salsa or teriyaki sauce, or bean soup.* Just piled up and heated in the microwave.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM, <pamelaann5543@ aol.com> wrote:

Any help with menu planning and very easy recipes would be most appreciated by me. I work long hours so need to have menus that are quick and easy.

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza. Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me.--- On Sun, 2/7/10, Debbie <debbie wrote:Debbie <debbieRe: new and need help Date: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 11:29 PM

The free McDougall program includes some sample meals.The better tasting and melting vegan cheeses are high fat and not suitable for a fatfree diet. I would recommend focusing on recipes that don't call for cheese. You might miss it at first but your tastes will adapt, especially if you're trying new foods instead.

I'm not sure what you mean by an "everyday recipe" -- if the fat in the original recipe is used primarily to saute vegetables, conversion is relatively easy by sauteeing in a dry nonstick pan or with small amounts of broth or water instead of oil. If the recipe calls for meat you can sometimes substitute beans, mushrooms, tofu or, if you have to, meat analogues. Personally, I would avoid the fake meats except perhaps briefly as transition foods or when entertaining non-vegans. For wonderful recipes designed for fatfree vegan eating you can't do any better than the recipes at Susan's blog Many of them I would consider to be "everyday recipes" and every one I have tried has been great.

DebbieOn Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM, kattssmith <kattssmith > wrote:

I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.

Thanks so much for your answer. Sometimes I get so depressed when I look at myself. I really do not know how I can put on 3-5 lbs. over a weekend. But I can. And be so hard to take off. I am going to check into that book, and website.I have WII fitness program that I have being using. I am going to make it part of my day.It is nice to have people to bounce ideals off of as well.Thanks Edith--- On Sun, 2/7/10, tjay1302000 <t-jay130@sbcgmake lobal.net> wrote:tjay1302000 <t-jay130 Re: new and need help Date: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 10:50 PM

Hi Edith,

In 2008, using the information from Dr. Fuhrman's book, Eat to Live, I went from 175 to my current 139.

There's lots of online support, both at this group and at http://groups. / group/Eat- 2-Live/

I love the recipes at http://www.fatfreev egan.com/ etl.shtml

Hugs of support,

Teresa M.

, "kattssmith" <kattssmith@ ...> wrote:

>

> Hi all

>

Most vegan cookbooks have a mock mac and cheese recipe. I've made a couple, and they're fairly decent. You could crumble tofu for the cheese in lasagna. And you can certainly have pizza without the cheese, with lots of veggies piled on top! But a word of advice--I would seriously caution you about trying to sub your favorites too soon. Cheese is a hard habit to break, and subs don't usually do so well for most people craving the taste and texture of cheese. There are thousands and thousands of OTHER foods in the world to try, so maybe you could simply have fun trying NEW things for a while, until your taste buds adjust. And if you simply can't go without for that long, give Joanne Stepaniak's book, The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook a try. Lots of tasty mock cheese recipes in there! Marilyn

Katts Smith <kattssmith

Mon, Feb 8, 2010 11:25 am

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza.

Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me.

--- On Sun, 2/7/10, Debbie <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> wrote:

Debbie <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com>

Sunday, February 7, 2010, 11:29 PM

The free McDougall program includes some sample meals.

The better tasting and melting vegan cheeses are high fat and not suitable for a fatfree diet. I would recommend focusing on recipes that don't call for cheese. You might miss it at first but your tastes will adapt, especially if you're trying new foods instead.

I'm not sure what you mean by an "everyday recipe" -- if the fat in the original recipe is used primarily to saute vegetables, conversion is relatively easy by sauteeing in a dry nonstick pan or with small amounts of broth or water instead of oil. If the recipe calls for meat you can sometimes substitute beans, mushrooms, tofu or, if you have to, meat analogues. Personally, I would avoid the fake meats except perhaps briefly as transition foods or when entertaining non-vegans. For wonderful recipes designed for fatfree vegan eating you can't do any better than the recipes at Susan's blog Many of them I would consider to be "everyday recipes" and every one I have tried has been great.

Debbie

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 2:42 PM, kattssmith <kattssmith > wrote:

I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.

Dr. Fuhrman is awesome (we've gone to him in person). His website is fantastic, and his books are easy to read and full of great information and recipes! BUT I was truly disappointed in how everything on his website is for money! Ugh. Can't access the forums or most of the recipes without paying a fee. Everything on Dr. McDougall's site (www.drmcdougall.com) is FREE!

Must say I really, really love Dr. Fuhrman's books, especially his newer 2-part book set, Eat for Health, and the book about feeding kids, Disease-Proof Your Child. Just wish he would let everyone access his website freely! Marilyn

Katts Smith <kattssmith

Mon, Feb 8, 2010 11:32 am

Re: Re: new and need help

Thanks so much for your answer. Sometimes I get so depressed when I look at myself. I really do not know how I can put on 3-5 lbs. over a weekend. But I can. And be so hard to take off. I am going to check into that book, and website.

I have WII fitness program that I have being using. I am going to make it part of my day.

It is nice to have people to bounce ideals off of as well.

Thanks

Edith

--- On Sun, 2/7/10, tjay1302000 <t-jay130@sbcgmake lobal.net> wrote:

tjay1302000 <t-jay130 (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net>

Sunday, February 7, 2010, 10:50 PM

Hi Edith,

In 2008, using the information from Dr. Fuhrman's book, Eat to Live, I went from 175 to my current 139.

There's lots of online support, both at this group and at http://groups. / group/Eat- 2-Live/

I love the recipes at http://www.fatfreev egan.com/ etl.shtml

Hugs of support,

Teresa M.

, "kattssmith" <kattssmith@ ...> wrote:

>

> Hi all

>

No, I did not know that. The only information I got from my Dr. was to use Miralax.,good luck and see you next year.--- On Sun, 2/7/10, Talon <talonw wrote:Talon <talonwRE: new and need help Date: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 9:58 PM

For those of you with IBS, have you tried going gluten free?

Almost every single person I know who suffers from IBS has tremendous

resolution when they go gluten-free.

[fatfree_ vegan@ s.com] On

Behalf Of sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com

UGH. One of my pet peeves--a doctor who uses "age" as a

medical diagnosis! I am kind of where you are--in my 50's, IBS, weight gain. I

also have tons of aches and pains, and I'm constantly too tired to do

anything--not so great with six kids homeschooling! Meal planning without meat

is a problem for me, too, despite all I do know about the vegan diet. Sorry I

can't be much help, but maybe it helps to know you're not alone. :) Marilyn

kattssmith <kattssmith >

new and need help

Hi all

It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my

doctor told me " that's what happens as your age" I for one, don't

believe because you age you have to fall apart.

Thanks

Edith

Yes it does, It's nice to have people to talk to that have the same interest as you.Wow 6 kids, that a lone must be a work out.--- On Sun, 2/7/10, sahmomof9 <sahmomof9 wrote:sahmomof9 <sahmomof9Re: new and need help Date: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 9:22 PM

UGH. One of my pet peeves--a doctor who uses "age" as a medical diagnosis! I am kind of where you are--in my 50's, IBS, weight gain. I also have tons of aches and pains, and I'm constantly too tired to do anything--not so great with six kids homeschooling! Meal planning without meat is a problem for me, too, despite all I do know about the vegan diet. Sorry I can't be much help, but maybe it helps to know you're not alone. :) Marilyn

kattssmith <kattssmith >

new and need help

Hi all

I am new at fat free and I need help. I've been vegetarian for several years. Since I turned 53 ( where did my life go?) I have put on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. I feel so fat an my IBS is bothers me more because of the weight. I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.

Thanks in advance for any help. I can not wait to start getting back to myself. It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my doctor told me " that's what happens as your age" I for one, don't believe because you age you have to fall apart.

Thanks

Edith

I have been trying to be GF due to my IBS. I really struggle with staying GF, after 50 years of eating wheat.

Miralax is pure propylene glycol--an ingredient in antifreeze. I personally would not touch the stuff. Most doctors have no idea what to tell you, and certainly can't advise you about a healthy diet.

Hey, everyone--I have a request. I'm new here, and I think so are several others too. Could everyone please sign some sort of name to their posts, so we can all get to know one another? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think that would be really nice, anyway. :) Marilyn

Katts Smith <kattssmith

Mon, Feb 8, 2010 11:42 am

RE: new and need help

No, I did not know that. The only information I got from my Dr. was to use Miralax.,good luck and see you next year.

--- On Sun, 2/7/10, Talon <talonw (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Talon <talonw (AT) comcast (DOT) net>

Sunday, February 7, 2010, 9:58 PM

For those of you with IBS, have you tried going gluten free? Almost every single person I know who suffers from IBS has tremendous resolution when they go gluten-free.

[fatfree_ vegan@ s.com] On Behalf Of sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com

kattssmith <kattssmith >

new and need help

Hi all

Thanks

Edith

LOL! Well, they're not six TODDLERS, so that's something. Nice to meet another 50-something, Katt! :) Marilyn

Katts Smith <kattssmith

Mon, Feb 8, 2010 11:48 am

Yes it does, It's nice to have people to talk to that have the same interest as you.

Wow 6 kids, that a lone must be a work out.

--- On Sun, 2/7/10, sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com <sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com <sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com>

Sunday, February 7, 2010, 9:22 PM

kattssmith <kattssmith >

new and need help

Hi all

Thanks

Edith

yeah, exercise! This is the key component to the fat free diet because no diet will give you the weigth loss and health benefit that moving can. I suggest to folks to get a pedometer and wear it everyday. Just having that little thing attached motivates you, at least it did me, to move. I get my 10,000 steps in everyday. Have a music player with some music to move by with you and walk, walk, walk...the faster, the better. Get your friends, family and co-workers involved. "pamelaann5543" <pamelaann5543 Sent: Sun, February 7, 2010 4:50:59 PMRe: new and need help

Hi All, I am new at fat free and need help as well. I have been mostly vegan for a year and have put on 20+ pounds in that time. I am 55 and I also do not believe that you have to fall apart. I find I eat the same things over and over. Meal planning and menus would be oh so helpful to me. I just joined this group yesterday and ordered the fat free cookbook by McDougal (not sure I spelled the name correctly). I also plan to start an exercise program tomorrow.

Look forward to hearing from you and so glad to have found this group.

Thanks

Pam

In a message dated 2/7/2010 3:43:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kattssmith writes:

Hi allI am new at fat free and I need help. I've been vegetarian for several years. Since I turned 53 ( where did my life go?) I have put on 20 lbs in a short amount of time. I feel so fat an my IBS is bothers me more because of the weight. I need information for planning menus and recipes? I have a problem with what to eat and how to put together a meal.Has anyone used Tofu cheeses before? How do they taste or melt?How hard is it to take an everyday recipe and convert it to fat free?Thanks in advance for any help. I cannot wait to start getting back to myself. It's amazing how things change in your body in a short amount of time, my doctor told me " that's what happens as your age" I for one, don't believe because you age you have to fall apart.Thanks Edith

Miralax?  Oy vey!

On Behalf Of Katts Smith

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:42 AM

No, I did not know that. The only information I got

from my Dr. was to use Miralax.,good luck and see you next year.

McDougall pizza and lasagna recipesCheezy Baked Macaroni

Even though they are Mary McDougall's recipes, they are not really fat free, containing soy cheeses and nuts, but they are vegan. Take a look at them to get some ideas on how to convert your own recipes as you are weaning yourselves off of those higher-fat foods. 

(I attended their 10-day live-in program in 2008 and had the lasagna -- it was very good. Otherwise, I haven't tried the recipes.)On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Katts Smith <kattssmith wrote:

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza.   Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me.-

Thank you for you help. I have another question. In keeping with the fat free plan, do you not add oil and fat, or do you not eat anything with fat. Do you eliminate foods that naturally have fat, like nuts, avocados etc, or do you set a limit on the amount of fat per day? Thanks for your info. Just getting into this I want to get it right from the start. I love all the information on this site.Edith--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Debbie <debbie wrote:Debbie <debbieRe: new and need help Date: Monday, February 8, 2010, 10:33 PM

Even though they are Mary McDougall's recipes, they are not really fat free, containing soy cheeses and nuts, but they are vegan. Take a look at them to get some ideas on how to convert your own recipes as you are weaning yourselves off of those higher-fat foods.

(I attended their 10-day live-in program in 2008 and had the lasagna -- it was very good. Otherwise, I haven't tried the recipes.)On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Katts Smith <kattssmith > wrote:

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza. Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me.-

Katts Smith wrote:

> Thank you for you help. I have another question. In keeping with

> the fat free plan, do you not add oil and fat, or do you not eat

> anything with fat.

Right, we don't add oil or fat.

> Do you eliminate foods that naturally have fat,

> like nuts, avocados etc, or do you set a limit on the amount of fat

> per day?

Dr. McDougall recommends that if you're trying to recover from illness

or disease, you should eliminate nuts and avocados and coconut -- the

high-fat plant foods. He recommends small amounts to those who are healthy.

Here's a review of the fat-free vegan food plans. I found it really

helpful back in the beginning:

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/faqs.shtml#plans

Serene

This is my goal, no added fat at all.* I still need to lose weight, so I try to avoid high-fat of all kinds, even nuts, seeds, olives, and avocados.  I am not perfect, however, and when I do indulge it is usually with avocado and nuts.  I do try to limit the damage with small portions, but I don't measure or count fat grams. 

I highly recommend Dr. McDougall's free program it explains the whys and hows of this way of eating.  Dr. McDougall wants everybody to eat this way and offers this information free for the asking. 

Debbie*The exception is some ground flax seed that I usually to my oatmeal.  On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Katts Smith <kattssmith wrote:

In keeping with the fat free plan,  do you not add oil and fat, or do you not eat anything with fat.  Do you eliminate foods that naturally have fat, like nuts, avocados etc, or do you set a limit on the amount of fat per day?

I made the cheezy mac last night. It was ok but missing something. Just bland.My daughter didn't care for it either.Debbie <debbie Sent: Mon, February 8, 2010 2:33:25 PMRe: new and need help

(I attended their 10-day live-in program in 2008 and had the lasagna -- it was very good. Otherwise, I haven't tried the recipes.)On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Katts Smith <kattssmith wrote:

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza. Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me.-

Sorry to have steered you wrong, as I said I have not tried this recipe.  Is it something you could use as a jumping-off point to adapt to your family's tastes? There's also Susan's recipe (which I have not tried, either -- I'm not a big fan of mac and cheese).

I have the " luxury " of cooking mostly for myself, so I don't have others to please, but it seems to me things might go more smoothly if you don't try to recreate favorite dishes -- that's really bound to disappoint in most cases. 

Going cold turkey on the cheeses (which seems to be a primary concern of yours, unless I'm misunderstanding) will not be fun, but probably will work out better in the long term. As others have said, you get used to it. Just be sure to wow your tastebuds with new flavors to distract them in the meantime.

Debbie

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM, spence <spenc5 wrote:

I made the cheezy mac last night.  It was ok but missing something.  Just bland.My daughter didn't care for it either.

Debbie <debbie Sent: Mon, February 8, 2010 2:33:25 PM

Re: new and need helpMcDougall pizza and lasagna recipes

Cheezy Baked MacaroniEven though they are Mary McDougall's recipes, they are not really fat free, containing soy cheeses and nuts, but they are vegan. Take a look at them to get some ideas on how to convert your own recipes as you are weaning yourselves off of those higher-fat foods. 

(I attended their 10-day live-in program in 2008 and had the lasagna -- it was very good. Otherwise, I haven't tried the recipes.)

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Katts Smith <kattssmith wrote:

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza.   Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me. -