IndiaDivine.org

new and need help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When you do have others to cook for that are not on the vegan lifestyle, then you do try to recreate things that they like and you would like to make healthier for them. Myself, I am vegan and have been for quite sometime and am happy with what I eat leaving out the processed, fat, dairy etc, but I also want my family to eat and enjoy their meals. We all make the decisions about our diet for various reasons and while not my whole family is vegan, I also have to be sensitive to their likes as they are mine.Debbie <debbie Sent: Tue, February 9, 2010 2:20:17 PMRe: new and need help

Sorry to have steered you wrong, as I said I have not tried this recipe. Is it something you could use as a jumping-off point to adapt to your family's tastes? There's also Susan's recipe (which I have not tried, either -- I'm not a big fan of mac and cheese).

I have the "luxury" of cooking mostly for myself, so I don't have others to please, but it seems to me things might go more smoothly if you don't try to recreate favorite dishes -- that's really bound to disappoint in most cases.

Going cold turkey on the cheeses (which seems to be a primary concern of yours, unless I'm misunderstanding) will not be fun, but probably will work out better in the long term. As others have said, you get used to it. Just be sure to wow your tastebuds with new flavors to distract them in the meantime.

Debbie

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM, spence <spenc5 wrote:

I made the cheezy mac last night. It was ok but missing something. Just bland.My daughter didn't care for it either.

Debbie <debbie Sent: Mon, February 8, 2010 2:33:25 PM

Re: new and need helpMcDougall pizza and lasagna recipes

Cheezy Baked MacaroniEven though they are Mary McDougall's recipes, they are not really fat free, containing soy cheeses and nuts, but they are vegan. Take a look at them to get some ideas on how to convert your own recipes as you are weaning yourselves off of those higher-fat foods.

(I attended their 10-day live-in program in 2008 and had the lasagna -- it was very good. Otherwise, I haven't tried the recipes.)

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Katts Smith <kattssmith wrote:

What I was thinking about{ everyday foods} would be mac and cheese, lasagna, pizza. Things my hubby eats that I could convert for me. -