IndiaDivine.org

Tofutti Sour Cream and Cream Cheese

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The Cream Cheese is 8 grams of fat per serving (2 TBS) and 3.5 grams of

saturated fat. Some bad oils in there:

" INGREDIENTS: Filtered Water, Palm Fruit Oil*, Soybean Oil*, Inulin (Chicory

Root Extract), Soybeans*, Soy Protein, Agave Syrup*, Sea Salt, Soy Protein*,

Lactic Acid, Rice Starch*, Lemon Juice Concentrate*, Natural Flavor, Locust Bean

Gum*, Xanthan Gum. *Denotes ORGANIC "

The only oil worse than palm for saturated fat is Coconut.

So, with just one serving, your getting half to a third day's recommended fat by

Esselstyn, et. al.

Toffutti Sour Cream weighs in 5 grams of fat (1 gram saturated) per serving.

" INGREDIENTS: Filtered Water, Soybean Oil*, Inulin (Chicory Root Extract), Palm

Fruit Oil*, Soybeans*, Rice Starch*, Soy Protein*, Carrageenan, Calcium Lactate,

Lactic Acid, Agave Syrup*, Lemon Juice Concentrate*, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum,

Locust Bean Gum*, Sea Salt. *Denotes ORGANIC "

There's really no food in them anyway, 'cept for some soybeans.

Years ago I'd use these, but know, it's so easy to used Lite Tofu (Mori) and

make my own (recipes abound on the web, on Susan's site, etc.). Not only

significantly healthier, but much cheaper to make. No need for the added oil.

The Tofutti products, for the most part, contribute to keeping your taste buds

addicted to the taste of fat.

In fact, since being on Essy's program for three years (anniversary in a week

and a half, there will be a major post), I don't make them that often. Just

don't miss the taste of fat!

FYI, Mark

Just don't miss the taste of fat!

Oh man, Mark, I wish I could say that!!!! I rarely use these items, but I have used them. They're nice subs. For my birthday breakfast, I had a gluten free bagel (see, I'm trying :) ) with the Tofutti cream cheese, as well as the Silk soy creamer in my coffee. What a wonderful treat! Marilyn

Hi MarkI read your message. Can you tell me about the site you where talking about? What infor. is there? I am trying to go vegan and I am looking at any information I can get my hands on to educate myself.Thank you Edith--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Mark Sutton <msutton wrote:Mark Sutton <msutton Tofutti Sour Cream and Cream Cheese MarkMonday, February 8, 2010, 11:36 PM

The Cream Cheese is 8 grams of fat per serving (2 TBS) and 3.5 grams of saturated fat. Some bad oils in there:

"INGREDIENTS: Filtered Water, Palm Fruit Oil*, Soybean Oil*, Inulin (Chicory Root Extract), Soybeans*, Soy Protein, Agave Syrup*, Sea Salt, Soy Protein*, Lactic Acid, Rice Starch*, Lemon Juice Concentrate* , Natural Flavor, Locust Bean Gum*, Xanthan Gum. *Denotes ORGANIC"

The only oil worse than palm for saturated fat is Coconut.

So, with just one serving, your getting half to a third day's recommended fat by Esselstyn, et. al.

Toffutti Sour Cream weighs in 5 grams of fat (1 gram saturated) per serving.

"INGREDIENTS: Filtered Water, Soybean Oil*, Inulin (Chicory Root Extract), Palm Fruit Oil*, Soybeans*, Rice Starch*, Soy Protein*, Carrageenan, Calcium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Agave Syrup*, Lemon Juice Concentrate* , Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum*, Sea Salt. *Denotes ORGANIC"

There's really no food in them anyway, 'cept for some soybeans.

Years ago I'd use these, but know, it's so easy to used Lite Tofu (Mori) and make my own (recipes abound on the web, on Susan's site, etc.). Not only significantly healthier, but much cheaper to make. No need for the added oil. The Tofutti products, for the most part, contribute to keeping your taste buds addicted to the taste of fat.

In fact, since being on Essy's program for three years (anniversary in a week and a half, there will be a major post), I don't make them that often. Just don't miss the taste of fat!

FYI, Mark