IndiaDivine.org

Soy Creamer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Not fat free. I don't THINK any creamers are fat free, although I won't use any with "artificials", and maybe some of those are fat free and vegan. This is one of the areas I compromise on--not quite ready to give it up yet. I use either Silk brand soy creamer or So Delicious coconut creamer. Both are very good,and are vegan, but again--not fat free. Marilyn

traciabyington <traciabyington

Tue, Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Soy Creamer

Hello, just looking for a good soy creamer product. Anyone??

I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni--- On Tue, 2/23/10, sahmomof9 <sahmomof9 wrote:

sahmomof9 <sahmomof9Re: Soy Creamer Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 8:59 PM

Not fat free. I don't THINK any creamers are fat free, although I won't use any with "artificials" , and maybe some of those are fat free and vegan. This is one of the areas I compromise on--not quite ready to give it up yet. I use either Silk brand soy creamer or So Delicious coconut creamer. Both are very good,and are vegan, but again--not fat free. Marilyn

traciabyington <traciabyington@ hotmail.com>Tue, Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm Soy Creamer

Toni--IS it fat free? I haven't bought it in a few weeks (it's hard to find where I live), and I guess I simply assumed a coconut based creamer would not be fat free. Oops! My bad. Thanks for that correction! :) Marilyn

Antoinette Heilman <calrabtsh

Tue, Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Re: Soy Creamer

I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com <sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com <sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com>

Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 8:59 PM

Not fat free. I don't THINK any creamers are fat free, although I won't use any with "artificials" , and maybe some of those are fat free and vegan. This is one of the areas I compromise on--not quite ready to give it up yet. I use either Silk brand soy creamer or So Delicious coconut creamer. Both are very good,and are vegan, but again--not fat free. Marilyn

traciabyington <traciabyington@ hotmail.com>

Tue, Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Soy Creamer

According to the nutrition label (for the original flavor) there are apparently, no calories from fat per 1 tablespoon serving.  In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat.  That's why often you will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the " serving " to have less than 0,5 grams.  See the nutrition label for Pam cooking spray, which is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made the serving size 1/3 of a second spray.  Who has ever used a 1/3 second spray?

Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts than that in their coffee.  Obviously, if you use more than 1 tablespoon you'll need to do the math accordingly.

Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue with information on how to read a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any claims made on the package. Because they lie.

Debbie

Toni wrote:

I thought So Delicious was fat free.  It says it is on the carton.  I hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is.  Can you let me know why it isn't when it says it is?  Thanks.  Toni

The links didn't work for some reason, so here they are again:

Turtle Mountain So delicious creamer:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_creamer_original.html

Pam label: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html

Jeff's video:

, Debbie <debbie wrote:

>

> According to the nutrition label

> <://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_creamer_original.html>(for the

> original flavor) there are *apparently*, no calories from fat per 1

> tablespoon serving. In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per

> serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat. That's why often you

> will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the

> " serving " to have less than 0,5 grams. See the nutrition label for Pam

> cooking spray <ttp://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html>, which

> is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made

> the serving size* 1/3 of a second *spray. Who has ever used a 1/3 second

> spray?

>

> Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable

> serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts than

> that in their coffee. Obviously, if you use more than 1 tablespoon you'll

> need to do the math accordingly.

>

> Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue

> <

>with information on how to read

> a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any

> claims made on the package. Because they lie.

>

> Debbie

>

> Toni wrote:

> > I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I

> > hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can

> > you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni

> >

> >

>

Im not sure which one I use............but before I became vegan I used Coffee Mate (all chemicals) I thought I wwould have a hard time switching over but I love the soy creamer!--- On Wed, 2/24/10, dcowherd <debbie wrote:

dcowherd <debbie Re: Soy Creamer Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 7:16 PM

The links didn't work for some reason, so here they are again:Turtle Mountain So delicious creamer: http://www.turtlemo untain.com/ products/ coconut_creamer_ original. htmlPam label: http://www.scientif icpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.htmlJeff's video: http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs, Debbie <debbie wrote:>> According to the nutrition label> <://www.turtlemount ain.com/products

/coconut_ creamer_original .html>(for the> original flavor) there are *apparently* , no calories from fat per 1> tablespoon serving. In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per> serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat. That's why often you> will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the> "serving" to have less than 0,5 grams. See the nutrition label for Pam> cooking spray <ttp://www.scientifi cpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.html>, which> is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made> the serving size* 1/3 of a second *spray. Who has ever used a 1/3 second> spray?> > Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable> serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts than> that in their coffee. Obviously, if you use more

than 1 tablespoon you'll> need to do the math accordingly.> > Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue> <http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs>with information on how to read> a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any> claims made on the package. Because they lie.> > Debbie> > Toni wrote:> > I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I> > hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can> > you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni> >> >>

Silk creamer is very, very good. The So Delicious one is thinner (I think) but really just as good. I've used the artificial ones, too, but no longer could justify using chemicals in my diet when I was trying so hard to eat better. It didn't make sense to me. But I still do get tempted by some of those gourmet flavors! Marilyn

Bluesgyrl2 <bluesgyrl2

Wed, Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Re: Soy Creamer

Im not sure which one I use............but before I became vegan I used Coffee Mate (all chemicals) I thought I wwould have a hard time switching over but I love the soy creamer!

--- On Wed, 2/24/10, dcowherd <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> wrote:

dcowherd <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com>

Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 7:16 PM

The links didn't work for some reason, so here they are again:

Turtle Mountain So delicious creamer: http://www.turtlemo untain.com/ products/ coconut_creamer_ original. html

Pam label: http://www.scientif icpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.html

Jeff's video: http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs

, Debbie <debbie wrote:

>

> According to the nutrition label

> <://www.turtlemount ain.com/products /coconut_ creamer_original .html>(for the

> original flavor) there are *apparently* , no calories from fat per 1

> tablespoon serving. In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per

> serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat. That's why often you

> will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the

> "serving" to have less than 0,5 grams. See the nutrition label for Pam

> cooking spray <ttp://www.scientifi cpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.html>, which

> is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made

> the serving size* 1/3 of a second *spray. Who has ever used a 1/3 second

> spray?

>

> Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable

> serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts than

> that in their coffee. Obviously, if you use more than 1 tablespoon you'll

> need to do the math accordingly.

>

> Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue

> <http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs>with information on how to read

> a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any

> claims made on the package. Because they lie.

>

> Debbie

>

> Toni wrote:

> > I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I

> > hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can

> > you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni

> >

> >

>

Yes, I know what you mean about justifyng the chemicals. It pains me to think that coffee isn't great either. I am just not prepared to give that up yet. I know it's suppose to be addictive but truly I like the taste, the warmth and of course the perfect creamer.

It is Silk that I am drinking and although it is a bit sweet..............goodbye Coffee Mate!--- On Wed, 2/24/10, sahmomof9 <sahmomof9 wrote:

sahmomof9 <sahmomof9Re: Re: Soy Creamer Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 9:55 PM

Silk creamer is very, very good. The So Delicious one is thinner (I think) but really just as good. I've used the artificial ones, too, but no longer could justify using chemicals in my diet when I was trying so hard to eat better. It didn't make sense to me. But I still do get tempted by some of those gourmet flavors! Marilyn

Bluesgyrl2 <bluesgyrl2 >Wed, Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pmRe: Re: Soy Creamer

Im not sure which one I use......... ...but before I became vegan I used Coffee Mate (all chemicals) I thought I wwould have a hard time switching over but I love the soy creamer!--- On Wed, 2/24/10, dcowherd <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> wrote:

dcowherd <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> Re: Soy CreamerWednesday, February 24, 2010, 7:16 PM

The links didn't work for some reason, so here they are again:Turtle Mountain So delicious creamer: http://www.turtlemo untain.com/ products/ coconut_creamer_ original. htmlPam label: http://www.scientif icpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.htmlJeff's video: http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs, Debbie <debbie wrote:>> According to the nutrition label> <://www.turtlemount

ain.com/products /coconut_ creamer_original .html>(for the> original flavor) there are *apparently* , no calories from fat per 1> tablespoon serving. In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per> serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat. That's why often you> will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the> "serving" to have less than 0,5 grams. See the nutrition label for Pam> cooking spray <ttp://www.scientifi cpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.html>, which> is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made> the serving size* 1/3 of a second *spray. Who has ever used a 1/3 second> spray?> > Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable> serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts than> that in their coffee. Obviously,

if you use more than 1 tablespoon you'll> need to do the math accordingly.> > Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue> <http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs>with information on how to read> a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any> claims made on the package. Because they lie.> > Debbie> > Toni wrote:> > I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I> > hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can> > you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni> >> >>

I don't think that most of those powdered "nondairy" creamers are vegan anyway, as they contain caseinate, which is dairy derived..On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Bluesgyrl2 <bluesgyrl2 wrote:

Yes, I know what you mean about justifyng the chemicals. It pains me to think that coffee isn't great either. I am just not prepared to give that up yet. I know it's suppose to be addictive but truly I like the taste, the warmth and of course the perfect creamer.

It is Silk that I am drinking and although it is a bit sweet..............goodbye Coffee Mate!--- On Wed, 2/24/10, sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com <sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com <sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com>Re: Re: Soy Creamer Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 9:55 PM

Bluesgyrl2 <bluesgyrl2 >Wed, Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pmRe: Re: Soy Creamer

Im not sure which one I use......... ...but before I became vegan I used Coffee Mate (all chemicals) I thought I wwould have a hard time switching over but I love the soy creamer!--- On Wed, 2/24/10, dcowherd <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> wrote:

dcowherd <debbie (AT) pobox (DOT) com> Re: Soy CreamerWednesday, February 24, 2010, 7:16 PM

The links didn't work for some reason, so here they are again:Turtle Mountain So delicious creamer: http://www.turtlemo untain.com/ products/ coconut_creamer_ original. htmlPam label: http://www.scientif icpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.htmlJeff's video: http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs, Debbie <debbie

wrote:>> According to the nutrition label> <://www.turtlemount

ain.com/products /coconut_ creamer_original .html>(for the> original flavor) there are *apparently* , no calories from fat per 1> tablespoon serving. In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per> serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat. That's why often you> will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the> "serving" to have less than 0,5 grams. See the nutrition label for Pam> cooking spray <ttp://www.scientifi cpsychic. com/fitness/ labels2.html>, which> is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made> the serving size* 1/3 of a second *spray. Who has ever used a 1/3 second> spray?> > Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable> serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts

than> that in their coffee. Obviously,

if you use more than 1 tablespoon you'll> need to do the math accordingly.> > Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue> <http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=yd9XnyNGXGs>with information on how to read> a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any> claims made on the package. Because they lie.> > Debbie> > Toni wrote:> > I thought So Delicious was fat free. It says it is on the carton. I> > hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is. Can> > you let me know why it isn't when it says it is? Thanks. Toni> >> >>

Debbie,Thank you for posting that video - it was excellent!KJ-- http://figsdatesandkale.blogspot.comOn Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Debbie <debbie wrote:

According to the nutrition label (for the original flavor) there are apparently, no calories from fat per 1 tablespoon serving.  In the US if there is less than 0.5 gram of fat per serving they are allowed to say there is zero fat.  That's why often you will see products with absurdly small serving sizes, so they can get the " serving " to have less than 0,5 grams.  See the nutrition label for Pam cooking spray, which is very nearly 100% canola oil, yet claims to have no fat -- they've made the serving size 1/3 of a second spray.  Who has ever used a 1/3 second spray?

Anyway, I don't use creamer so I don't know if 1 tablespoon is a reasonable serving size or not, but I routinely see people pouring larger amounts than that in their coffee.  Obviously, if you use more than 1 tablespoon you'll need to do the math accordingly.

Jeff Novick has a discussion of the issue with information on how to read a nutrition label. Jeff's rule number one is to never, ever believe any claims made on the package. Because they lie.

Debbie

Toni wrote:

I thought So Delicious was fat free.  It says it is on the carton.  I hope I haven't been buying something that is not what it says it is.  Can you let me know why it isn't when it says it is?  Thanks.  Toni

I use almond milk in my coffee. It has 2.5 grams of fat per 8 oz, so

while it is not fat free it still has much less most soy creamers.

Plus, the amount of fat will be reduced if you only use a few

tablespoons of almond milk in a cup of coffee. It tastes good too!

I have not tried almond milk in place of soy creamer. What a great idea! That suggestion may help some of the people looking for vegan flavored creamers. I think you could add a little almond extract too. Thanks.--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Lisa Tregilgas <bunniee wrote:

Lisa Tregilgas <bunnieeRe: Re: Soy Creamer Date: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 1:00 PM

I use almond milk in my coffee. It has 2.5 grams of fat per 8 oz, so while it is not fat free it still has much less most soy creamers. Plus, the amount of fat will be reduced if you only use a few tablespoons of almond milk in a cup of coffee. It tastes good too!

Several interesting insights about coffee came out of Dr.

Greger’s 2009 Clinical Nutrition study.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucE9HC2LbFk & feature=related

Roasting coffee beans does not create carcinogens like roasting

animal protein.

Coffee contains a number of nutritious substances, the absorption

of which is blocked by dairy products.

Stephen

!!!!! This made my morning coffee even better! Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 25, 2010, at 11:52 PM, "Stephen Albers" <stephen wrote:

Several interesting insights about coffee came out of Dr.

Greger’s 2009 Clinical Nutrition study.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucE9HC2LbFk & feature=related

Roasting coffee beans does not create carcinogens like roasting

animal protein.

Coffee contains a number of nutritious substances, the absorption

of which is blocked by dairy products.

Stephen