IndiaDivine.org

breakfast anyone?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I would love to hear some good fat free breakfast ideas, and especially those that are easy to prepare and not too much on the sweet side. What is your favorite breakfast? I need a change over bagels........

Thanks!

Gail

Green smoothies! I just had one myself. You can make them really sweet, or rely more on fruits and veggies that are not so sweet, to add into them. Mine had 1/2 bag of baby spinach, a couple of bannaas, a bag of frozen cherries, a couple of spoonfuls of ground flaxseed, and a cup of apple juice for ease in blending. Delicious! I didn't think it was overly sweet, but you might. Maybe increase the greens, and decrease the fruit, or use water instead of fruit juice. Or do a veggie smoothie--who says you can only do a fruit smoothie for breakfast? You can add soy or rice or coconut yogurt, tofu cubes, a handful of raw cashews, some rice or hemp protein powder, or a couple of spoonfuls of cooked white beans for extra protein, too. Smoothies are so versatile! Marilyn

I usually have Ezekiel Sprouted Grain cereal with some kind of fruit (usually blueberries, strawberries or bananas) with soy, rice or almond milk. Or tofu with fruit and walnuts. Or cooked buckwheat with fruit and sometimes walnuts. I haven't ventured out into cooking some of the other grains yet. I usually will let the buckwheat simmer while I am feeding my pets in the morning..........pretty easy, just add water.

You could always do a whole wheat toast with a nut butter on it too.

Gail <ouda64 Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 9:39:04 AM breakfast anyone?

Hello,

I would love to hear some good fat free breakfast ideas, and especially those that are easy to prepare and not too much on the sweet side. What is your favorite breakfast? I need a change over bagels...... ..

Thanks!

Gail

PLEASE share some recipes you make with your vita mix with us :-).... thanks

In a message dated 2/25/2010 8:02:37 A.M. Central Standard Time, sahmomof9 writes:

I would highly recommend buying a Vita-Mix! They're expensive--certainly way more than a regular blender. I resisted buying one for years, believing all the hype to be just that. Then I came into a small amount of money, and decided to purchase a Vita-Mix for myself. My husband thought I was crazy. I already had two blenders and he felt I was wasting my money. Then I got the Vita-Mix.

I would never, ever go back to a regular blender!!! The Vita-Mix really IS all they say it is! There's absolutely no comparison to a regular blender. I use it all the time, for so many different things. I now have two of the large canisters, so I'm never without one to use while the other's being washed. And as soon as I can afford it, I'm buying a dry canister, to grind grains. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vita-Mix! Marilyn

Hi Everyone,

The food processor I have been using form my smoothies has

given out. Any advice on buying something new? My blender is not

strong enough to do the frozen pineapple I like to put in them. Thanks.

Marla

I would highly recommend buying a Vita-Mix! They're expensive--certainly way more than a regular blender. I resisted buying one for years, believing all the hype to be just that. Then I came into a small amount of money, and decided to purchase a Vita-Mix for myself. My husband thought I was crazy. I already had two blenders and he felt I was wasting my money. Then I got the Vita-Mix.

I would never, ever go back to a regular blender!!! The Vita-Mix really IS all they say it is! There's absolutely no comparison to a regular blender. I use it all the time, for so many different things. I now have two of the large canisters, so I'm never without one to use while the other's being washed. And as soon as I can afford it, I'm buying a dry canister, to grind grains. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vita-Mix! Marilyn

If you're looking for Vita Mix recipes....join the group!

Great recipes, help and discussions.

vitamix-users-

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM, <Dono2640 wrote:

In a message dated 2/25/2010 8:02:37 A.M. Central Standard Time, sahmomof9 writes:

I would highly recommend buying a Vita-Mix! They're expensive--certainly way more than a regular blender. I resisted buying one for years, believing all the hype to be just that. Then I came into a small amount of money, and decided to purchase a Vita-Mix for myself. My husband thought I was crazy. I already had two blenders and he felt I was wasting my money. Then I got the Vita-Mix.

Yay! You saved me!!! LOL! I honestly have no time to post recipes right now. I mostly make smoothies anyway, and a few soups. At some point, I will try and post some favorites, and I apologize it can't be now. Thanks for that helpful link! Marilyn

Momcat <Momcat55

Thu, Feb 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: Re: breakfast anyone?

If you're looking for Vita Mix recipes....join the group!

Great recipes, help and discussions.

vitamix-users-

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM, <Dono2640 (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:

In a message dated 2/25/2010 8:02:37 A.M. Central Standard Time, sahmomof9 (AT) aol (DOT) com writes:

Okay, one very quick recipe (or maybe it really isn't so much of a recipe, but oh well). My favorite quick soup, for breakfast, lunch or dinner:

1 carton of Imagine Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

1 can of chick peas

as much raw baby spinach as you can cram into your Vita-Mix around the other two ingredients

maybe a dash of white pepper

Blend and enjoy! You can heat it gently if you want to, but you don't NEED to. This is absolutely delicious! Marilyn