IndiaDivine.org

New Vegan question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey there, as a new vegan I'm just amazed how many times I've already been asked

" So where do you get your protein? " .... I know it must be funny after a while.

So what is the quick and easy answer? I've just said " You get plenty of protein

from vegetables, and people usually eat too much protein anyway. "

Thanks!

Dixie

Guest guest

My response is if there’s enough protein in plant foods to grow an elephant or hippopotamus, then surely there’s enough to grow a human being. :)

On 27/4/10 7:23 AM, " Dixie in Orlando " <dixiesaidso wrote:

Hey there, as a new vegan I'm just amazed how many times I've already been asked " So where do you get your protein? " .... I know it must be funny after a while. So what is the quick and easy answer? I've just said " You get plenty of protein from vegetables, and people usually eat too much protein anyway. "

Thanks!

Dixie

Guest guest

I just say, there's protein in everything you eat except fats. I actually don't get asked that question very much. The one I get and I find more difficult to answer is, where do you get your calcium?

Dena

------Always remember: Today's mighty oak is simplyyesterday's nut that held its ground...

-

Dixie in Orlando

Monday, April 26, 2010 2:23 PM

New Vegan question

Hey there, as a new vegan I'm just amazed how many times I've already been asked "So where do you get your protein?" .... I know it must be funny after a while. So what is the quick and easy answer? I've just said "You get plenty of protein from vegetables, and people usually eat too much protein anyway."Thanks!Dixie

Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.795 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2784 - Release 04/01/10 11:32:00

Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 9.0.795 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2784 - Release 04/01/10

11:32:00

Guest guest

from deep green veggies. there is 8 to 10 times more calcium in a serving of kale then in a 8 oz glass of milk.( not to mention the food and drug admin. allows up to 70 million puss cells per liter of milk.)--- On Mon, 4/26/10, Dena Jo <DenaJo2 wrote:Dena Jo <DenaJo2Re: New Vegan question Date: Monday, April 26, 2010, 7:54 PM

I just say, there's protein in everything you eat except fats. I actually don't get asked that question very much. The one I get and I find more difficult to answer is, where do you get your calcium?

Dena

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------Always remember: Today's mighty oak is simplyyesterday's nut that held its ground...

-

Dixie in Orlando

Monday, April 26, 2010 2:23 PM

New Vegan question

Hey there, as a new vegan I'm just amazed how many times I've already been asked "So where do you get your protein?" .... I know it must be funny after a while. So what is the quick and easy answer? I've just said "You get plenty of protein from vegetables, and people usually eat too much protein anyway."Thanks!Dixie

Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.795 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2784 - Release 04/01/10 11:32:00

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.795 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2784 - Release 04/01/10 11:32:00