IndiaDivine.org

Needing ideas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The animal rescue that I run is close to having to go under. We just don't have the funding. I have tried mass emailing, posting to groups etc but nothing has helped. We take care of special needs animals and I have never asked for something like this in the past. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to raise funding I just can't see shutting our doors because there is no one that will take most of these guys in. We did hold a silent auction but made only 200 dollars we ate through that rather fast. I thought about a car wash but its cold so I doubt we will get many volunteers.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hi Holly,

Does your rescue have a website? A way that people can see the good

work you are doing? Simply posting mass email or posting to groups

without a website for people to look at what kind of great and

diffictult work you are doing won't get alot of responses since you

are basically competing for donations with alot of other charities. If

you don't have one already, that would be the first thing I would

suggest working on or having someone help you build so raise funds.

People love to see the faces of who they are helping and I'm sure your

furry friends are adoreable.

If you already have a website and are having trouble getting

volunteers, have you ever had an open house so potential volunteers

can come interact with some of the animals so they might want to make

a commitment to volunteer?

Besides cash donations have you tried getting some supplies or food

donations from companies? For example, I have a friend whose company

designs sleepwear. They have a small factory that makes the samples

and they always have extra plush fabric so I've had them donate their

extra bolts to the shelter so that the animals have bedding. We also

put decorative boxes at local pet stores with cute signs that have a

wish list of items needed. Pet stores have been cooperative because it

leads to extra sales of people wanting to donate those items for the

donation box and buying them there in the store. We've even gotten

free donations from the stores of about to expire food and bags of

food that were slightly damaged.

There are lots of ways to find funds for what you need. If you have

specific questions you are welcome to pick my brain by emailing me

directly.

Best to you and the animals in your care,

Hanna Fushihara Aron

, Holly Fagerlund

<hollyfagerlund wrote:

>

> The animal rescue that I run is close to having to go under. We just

don't have the funding. I have tried mass emailing, posting to groups

etc but nothing has helped. We take care of special needs animals and

I have never asked for something like this in the past. Does anyone

have any ideas on ways to raise funding I just can't see shutting our

doors because there is no one that will take most of these guys in. We

did hold a silent auction but made only 200 dollars we ate through

that rather fast. I thought about a car wash but its cold so I doubt

we will get many volunteers.

Hi Holy, I am so sorry to hear of this. No - doubt, this is really bringing you down. I know it would me too, if I were in your shoes.

I will look around & ask around to see what I can come up with.

In the mean-time, you could try flea-marketing? There's good money in that!

You could start your own flea market. The one who runs the flea market, makes most to all of the money, because you would be collecting the money from each & every Vendor that want to set up & make sale on their goods.

I am a vendor here in N.H., and one of the lowest prices a owner would ask, that is, for us to set up, is $15.-$40. dollars a day.

Have you ever been to a flea-market? There are lots & lots of vendors, and there are lots & lots of people there looking to buy.

And if you are a vendor, in the right area, with the right price & right stuff, one has been known to make a gran {$1.000} or more.

There are also craft shows, do you know anyone that makes their own stuff, like Jewelery, quilts afghans, knitted & crochet-anything?

Like I said with the right price, one has been known to make a gran {$1.000} or more.

Some crafters like to put a high price on their goods, but if you could explain to them, it's for good cause, maybe they will be willing to go as far as 30% - 50% off their asking price.

You would be surprised on the amount you could bring in!

And praying is always the best thing to do when everything seems down hill! I will be praying for you & the animals, well.

Good luck! And once again I will look around & ask around to see what I can come up with.

, Holly Fagerlund <hollyfagerlund wrote:>> The animal rescue that I run is close to having to go under. We just don't have the funding. I have tried mass emailing, posting to groups etc but nothing has helped. We take care of special needs animals and I have never asked for something like this in the past. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to raise funding I just can't see shutting our doors because there is no one that will take most of these guys in. We did hold a silent auction but made only 200 dollars we ate through that rather fast. I thought about a car wash but its cold so I doubt we will get many volunteers. > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Hi Holy!

I've been asking around, and a Christian Brother gave so pretty interesting advise.

He said, you can contact the local news paper, place an ad.In the ad you can express how useful the shelter is for the community, you can state the benefits they will reap if it remains open. In the article you can share stories of people who were touched because of working with the animals.AdvantagesA place for the kids in the neighborhood to occupy their time.These shelters help abused and abandoned animals.These animals are therapy for others, if they select animals from the shelter and take them to visit local children homes or even elderly homes.You can try contacting, people involved in animal rights - they know everything and will have contacts when it comes to funding. I believe Government provides funding (you'll have to do research, if I get info I'll post )This needs to be a community effort, make donation sheets give it out to those involved let them go to local Fire Stations, local Shops, Churches, ask local Schools if they would like to help. Depending on how long this place has been open, the community needs to get involve. There is grants available....the problem is finding the right person to talk to. You can start with them;The Humane Societyof the United States2100 L Street, NWWashington, DC 20037202-452-1100

, "genesisfour67" <genesisfour67 wrote:>> Hi Holy, I am so sorry to hear of this. No - doubt, this is really> bringing you down. I know it would me too, if I were in your shoes. > I will look around & ask around to see what I can come up with. In the> mean-time, you could try flea-marketing? There's good money in that! > You could start your own flea market. The one who runs the flea market,> makes most to all of the money, because you would be collecting the> money from each & every Vendor that want to set up & make sale on their> goods. I am a vendor here in N.H., and one of the lowest prices a> owner would ask, that is, for us to set up, is $15.-$40. dollars a day.> Have you ever been to a flea-market? There are lots & lots of vendors,> and there are lots & lots of people there looking to buy. And if you> are a vendor, in the right area, with the right price & right stuff, one> has been known to make a gran {$1.000} or more. There are also craft> shows, do you know anyone that makes their own stuff, like Jewelery,> quilts afghans, knitted & crochet-anything? Like I said with the right> price, one has been known to make a gran {$1.000} or more. Some> crafters like to put a high price on their goods, but if you could> explain to them, it's for good cause, maybe they will be willing to go> as far as 30% - 50% off their asking price. You would be surprised on> the amount you could bring in! And praying is always the best thing> to do when everything seems down hill! I will be praying for you & the> animals, well. Good luck! And once again I will look around & ask> around to see what I can come up with.> > > > , Holly Fagerlund> hollyfagerlund@ wrote:> >> > The animal rescue that I run is close to having to go under. We just> don't have the funding. I have tried mass emailing, posting to groups> etc but nothing has helped. We take care of special needs animals and I> have never asked for something like this in the past. Does anyone have> any ideas on ways to raise funding I just can't see shutting our doors> because there is no one that will take most of these guys in. We did> hold a silent auction but made only 200 dollars we ate through that> rather fast. I thought about a car wash but its cold so I doubt we will> get many volunteers.> >> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > Search.> >>

Hi Holy,

I also e-mailed my family & friends.

Both of my sisters had a reply;

My Sister Donna was wondering if you have thought about having a group bake sale or rummage sale something along those lines where they can hold it inside some where?

She thought maybe you could run an ad in the Newspaper for other people to get involved to donate things to be sold and all proceeds goes towards the cost of the shelter and supplies that you would need to help keep the doors open

She said you may want to check with AKC and places like that to see if there are any organizations/ Charity's that help with animals that can help you or give you some Ideas what to do.

Like example PAWS, or maybe the local Humane Society they may know of a organization that donates things to help keep the animals..

Its worth a shot, she says, she really doesn't know what else you could do.. And that she hopes this was of some help..

My sister Terry says, you could have a Christmas craft show, where you get a few friends together to make items to sell. Along with a bake sale. Other than that she says she has no idea.

But wishes you, Good Luck!

And a Christian Brother, states in these words {and I do agree with him };

"If she prays to GOD that His will be done, then His will indeed will be done. He is in control of His creatures (animals) so I'm confident GOD has it under control.It doesn't hurt to try a car wash, posting on bulletin boards at local gyms, shopping malls, food markets too."

, Holly Fagerlund <hollyfagerlund wrote:>> The animal rescue that I run is close to having to go under. We just don't have the funding. I have tried mass emailing, posting to groups etc but nothing has helped. We take care of special needs animals and I have never asked for something like this in the past. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to raise funding I just can't see shutting our doors because there is no one that will take most of these guys in. We did hold a silent auction but made only 200 dollars we ate through that rather fast. I thought about a car wash but its cold so I doubt we will get many volunteers. > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>