IndiaDivine.org

Sorry...Lucy Is Gone * Schwarzenegger Did Not Help * Please Email /Call All Below * Tell News So This Does Not Happen Again To Another Innocent Animal.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PLEASE FORWARD / CROSSPOST * TAKE ACTION * INFO BELOW Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:39:37 -0800 (PST)Nancy Ward nancylward2002 Sorry...Lucy Is Gone. Schwarzenegger did not help.Please Email/Call all the below.Tell News stations so this does not happen again to another Innocent Animal. Please pray for sweet Lucy and the sweet animals that die everyday. We are all very sad about this. Gussie <loveallanimals7 wrote: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 06:39:48 -0800 (PST)Gussie <loveallanimals7Sorry...Lucy Is Gone... Kinship Circle Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:35 PM Lucy Is Gone... I am sick in my heart to bring you this news... Despite last minute attempts, pleas to media for coverage, etc. ALL DAY -- our latest update is that Lucy has been killed.We understand her family was allowed one last half hour alone with her, but not permitted to

stay with her when euthanized.Kinship Circle and W.A.R. (WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS) are presently working on a follow-up alert to authorities, so -- well, I was about to say: “Lucy will not have died in vain.” BUT LUCY DID DIE IN VAIN. Still, city authorities need to know this is a horrible precedent, one that must be dismantled now.Lucy is an individual. And, Lucy is every animal. The more I learn about the case, the more I realize Lucy had every right to live.Kinship Circle and W.A.R. realize emotionally fueled “alerts” will begin to circulate as news leaks about Lucy’s death. We’ll do our best to post an organized alert with detailed contact info as soon as possible.Thank you all for caring about a single innocent soul. Sometimes, the death of one hurts as much, if not more, than the statistical death of many. Lucy had a face...Brenda, Kinship Circle Shannon Keith Zelda Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:37 PM Re: Last chance! Call the judge for Lucy! Lucy was killed .... Zelda Shannon Keith

Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:50 PM Shannon Re: Last chance! Call the judge for Lucy! Shannon, We are all devastated and grief stricken by the horrific injustice perpetrated on this sweet, loving animal!!! Thousands of activists and animal lovers from all around the country and even some from abroad, joined together and tried so hard to stop this senseless execution but, unfortunately, we ran out of time; and we failed when confronted by the dogged determination of those on a vengeful power trip and those too weak or too unprincipled to stand up against the forces of evil. We can only imagine what you and the family are feeling at this time; we mourn and weep with you all at this very sad moment. I want

to personally express my deepest and most heartfelt condolences on this terrible loss. Lucy was EVERYDOG, the symbol of everything that is wrong with our legal system, where animals are considered "property" and are powerless before the law. On behalf of all of us who fight every day against the cruelty and injustices perpetrated on animals, please know that you have our prayers, our sincere gratitude and appreciation for your compassion and caring and for all your hard work and efforts in trying to save the life of this one special animal. With sadness, Zelda (Please scroll to the end for a special message to you and Lucy's family.) For Lucy, a

bright new star twinkling in the heavens tonight. I'd like the memory of me to be a happy oneI'd like to leave an afterglowof smiles When my life is done I'd like to leave an echo Whispering softly down the waysOf happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days I'd like the tears of those who grieveTo dry before the sun Of happy memories that I leaveWhen my life is done (anon) Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone who was very special to them... someone who had to be left behind.They all run and

play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. LUCY'S LAST HOURS - WE NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!Forwarded from Shannon Keith:Lucy was spared tonight, but is due for execution first thing in the morning (12.20.07)We need you to CALL, FAX AND EMAIL as much as you possibly

can starting NOW and through the day tomorrow.If you can send one fax and email, you can send TO ALL OF THEM! Remind these people that they are ELECTED OFFICIALS!(www.freewebs.com/freelucy)Remember to mention that we got over 12,000 signatures in less than 72 hours to save Lucy's life! This is an international issue that WILL NOT GO AWAY BY KILLING LUCY!!Email, Fax and Phone lists are below, as well as a sample letter.Form Letter:Dear .....My name is ..... I have learned about what is happening with a dog named Lucy who has been ordered killed because of one incident involving another dog.According to your local laws and California Law, Lucy should be ordered back home with terms, restrictions and conditions,

and/orsent to one of the many dog rescues that have offered to take her for the rest of her life.There has been a gross miscarriage of justice and it is up to you to help and do something about this.Time is of the essence.I have heard that there were misstatements by City Attorney Kahn that Lucy has a history. She doesn't and the record proves it.The California Hayden Bill states:"1834.4. (a) It is the policy of the state that no adoptable animal should be euthanized if it can be adopted into a suitable home....(b) It is the policy of the state that no treatable animal should be euthanized. A treatable animal shall include any animal that is not adoptable but that could become adoptable with reasonable efforts...."State law mandates her

release. Please grant leniency and spare this innocent life.Sincerely,.....PHONE NUMBERSHumane Society Silicon Valley - This place is housing Lucy and they actually care about her - please be polite to them. What they can do: They can call the city council members and mayor to spare Lucy's life. They know what a great dog she is - they all love her there.408-727-3383Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger - He is the ONE person who can "pardon" Lucy. Don't let his staff tell you he can't! He can! It's been done

before in other states and he has authority in California. Here is his authority: Cite this: California Penal Code Section 4800Section 4800. Source of Governor's authorityThe general authority to grant reprieves, pardons and commutations of sentence is conferred upon the Governor by Section 8 of Article v. of the Constitution of the State of California.Capitol Number916-445-2841Fresno Office559-445-5295Los Angeles Office213-897-0322Riverside Office951-680-6860San Diego Office619-525-4641San Francisco Office415-703-2218Washington D.C. Office202-624-5270Sunnyvale City Council - They can decide to spare her life but are believing mistruths by the City Attorney. Tell them to do the right thing and let her go! (408) 730-7500Mayor Otto Lee/ City Council - The Mayor would like to let Lucy go but cannot do it without a majority of the City Council. Be polite to him.(408) 730-7473CHRISTOPHER R. MOYLAN, COUNCILMEMBER(650) 723-9518Amy

ChanSunnyvale City Manager(408) 730-7480EMAILSSchwarzenegger's E-MailgovernorHumane Society Silicon ValleyBeth Ward who is a Director of the Humane Society at: bwardMayor Otto Lee: # E-mail: ottoTo

Contact the Executive Assistant to the Mayor and the City Council: councilJOHN N. HOWE, COUNCILMEMBER: jh2DEAN J. CHU, COUNCILMEMBER: CouncilDeanChuMELINDA HAMILTON, COUNCILMEMBERmhamiltonCHRISTOPHER R. MOYLAN, COUNCILMEMBERcmoylanAmy ChanSunnyvale City ManagercitymgrFAX NUMBERSHumane Society where Lucy is right now: 408-727-7845Governor Arnold SchwarzeneggerState Capitol BuildingFax: 916-445-4633Fresno OfficeFax: 559-445-5328Los Angeles OfficeFax: 213-897-0319Riverside OfficeFax: 951-680-6863San Diego OfficeFax: 619-525-4640San Francisco OfficeFax: 415-703-2803Washington D.C. OfficeFax: 202-624-5280Mayor Otto Lee and the City Council:FAX: (408) 730-7699Amy ChanSunnyvale City ManagerFax: (408) 730-7699For more info contact Win Animal Rights at: centcomCall: 646.267.9934 or visit the WAR website

at: http://war-online.org---------W.A.R. (WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS) is an independent non-profit organization not affiliated or associated with SHAC, SHAC USA or any other group or organization and does not conduct or incite any illegal activity. The above information is not meant to incite or request any illegal actions or illegal activities of any kind. If you have any questions about the legality of any act, we encourage everyone receiving this (or the) action alert(s) to check your local laws and ordinances before proceeding to do anything.Nancy Ward <nancylward2002 wrote: DKM <mcdgsd wrote: DKM <mcdgsd wrote: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:54:52 -0800 (PST)DKM <mcdgsdSAVE LUCY - SCHEDULED FOR EXECUTION TONIGHTcouncil, otto, jh2, CouncilDeanChu, mhamilton, cmoylanCC: comments, centcom Lucy deserves to live !! At least have the decency to confine her to her home !! This is her 1st offense ! The eyes of the world will be on Sunnyvale.* To kill a dog that is not a danger to the community the week before Christmas is a public relations disaster.* The City Attorney is using his power to subvert the legal system as he knows that attorneys are filing appeals* The Governor absolutely has the power to stop the execution* Over 11,000 petition signatures were gathered in just over 24 hours. People care about Lucy.* Animal behaviorists and shelter staff say that Lucy is not in the least bit aggressive. She is not a danger. See the signatures for support: http://www.petitiononline.com/Lucy/ California Penal Code Section 4800ß 4800. Source of Governor's authorityThe general authority to grant reprieves, pardons and commutations of sentence is conferred upon the Governor by Section 8 of Article v. of the Constitution of the State of California. **As an owner, former breeder & show exhibitor of German Shepherd Dogs, I can speak from experience on the tormenting from various sources in my past & present neighborhoods. Some people find great joy in

trying to get your dog in trouble. We are heavily into dog/cat rescue, rehab & future adoption. I also evaluate rescue dogs for potential use for Law Enforcement. Please, this is not bite dog nor a fear biter. Sometimes dogs do escape. Did the dog go after anyone else? NO. If nothing else, allow the dog to enter a approved foster home for evaluation. ***If most of Michael Vick’s fighting Pit Bulls can enter a foster & rehab situation for possible adoption, WHY CAN’T LUCY BE AFFORDED THE SAME OPPORTUNITY ? Sincerely, Desiree McDonald - s.w. PA. - http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com/home.html - Say NO to chained dogs Ban Vivisection- using living animals for medical/scientific research. http://www.pcrm.org/ Patricia Breen www.petstorecruelty.org

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.