IndiaDivine.org

DURBIN WV--Help Pocahontas Co. bring its animals in from the cold!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

REPLY TO:lastchance_rescue (lastchance_rescue @ ) Pet List: http://tinyurl.com/362846 : http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/WV119.html : http://tinyurl.com/3d7286 The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men. Leonardo DaVinci (Quote provided by a kind-hearted soul.) Guys, this is the sister shelter that I am helping in Durbin, West

Virginia. Durbin is a town in Pocahontas County, West Virginia. The population was 265 at the 2005 census. Two other nearby towns

are Hillsboro, a town with a population of 243 at the 2000 census, and Marlinton with a population of 1,204 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat.They are attempting a HUGE project of having an animal shelter for the area of Durbin, WV. There is currently

no shelter to get the animals in out of the cold. I hate to think of their animals getting their surgeries and then having to heal outside in the extreme cold, snowy, icy weather. This is what is happening now. Although their goal is to make Pocahontas County a no kill community, their priority is working towards getting a shelter/building so the animals there can be housed indoors.

So far, a very generous, former Pocahontas County resident and homeless animal advocate, has donated a 16'x20' building, similar to the one pictured here, to the homeless animals in Pocahontas county. Donated in memory of her two precious companion pooches, MacKenzie and Buffy. We can not ever thank her enough for all she has done to help the homeless, neglected and even abused animals there. Here is what is needed in donations to help the animals get in out of the cold and into a heated facility and an air conditioned one during the summer and completely out of the elements! Funding for dozer work Gravel for under the building Crates of all sizes (Especially Lg and Ex large) Electrical and plumbing supplies Utility sink DONATED!! THANK YOU!! Bath tub for

animals so they can get baths and be indoors! DONATED!! THANK YOU!! Dog dryer Funding for additional supplies that we have not thought of yet! They currently have $909. They need $4500 by March 1st (if possible), or $3591. If you can contribute ANYTHING, below, which also takes you to their website so you can see the animals and the work they have been doing and

a daily progress report on funding. If you can think of a fund raiser idea (long term or just for quick cash, please, tell me. Big or small or outlandish, if I can do it I will! If you can

assist in any way or would like to donate towards the funding, please contact us to see how. Finally, could you please forward this on to 25 or more of your friends and include me each time so I can see any progress in getting the word out! Maybe there is a better way...we desperately need the people and the help and with over 8 million people, surely there is a way to reach more. Plus it would keep my enthusiasm up, which is waning just a smidge! We are in desperate need to get ground work started to get the building set up, we are hoping, by March of

2008. Pocahontas Animal Control & Humane OfficeHC 89 Box 13A Durbin, WV 26264 Phone: (304)456-5436 Click Join American Senior Cats on ! Click Donate Now to American Senior Cats! Click American Senior Cats home page!