IndiaDivine.org

vegan poem

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Letter To Ciera

You'll never watch an elephant standing on her head

You will see amazing acrobats and painted clowns instead.

You'll never color Easter eggs or eat a " Happy " Meal

Instead you'll give pigs belly rubs - You'll know chickens dream and

feel.

The clamor from the ice cream truck won't be music to your ears

You will know your Soy Delicious caused no suffering or tears.

You may hear a gentle gobble as you softly stroke a turkey

And give thanks that she's alive as you're eating your Tofurky.

While other kids buy leather shoes and eat at Chucky Cheese

You'll be kissing cows and feeding goats and saying " soy please! "

Being different can be hard I know - This world is often cruel

Maybe you'll be laughed at by the other kids at school.

But compassion is a vital gift that too few share with others

And your heart will not be filled with guilt the way it plagues your

mother's.

So don't ever be embarrassed or ashamed because you care

You'll be uniquely beautiful with an empathy that's rare.

And when you see a rescued lamb and touch his thick warm fleece

You'll feel no sadness or remorse - You can look at him in peace.

What took so long for me to learn, I'll start teaching you from birth

And your footprint will be much tinier on this fragile earth.

~Heather Leughmyer

Guest guest

Thats lovely Sara! thanks so much for sending...

Jill

- Sara

Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:55 PM

vegan poem

Letter To CieraYou'll never watch an elephant standing on her headYou will see amazing acrobats and painted clowns instead.You'll never color Easter eggs or eat a "Happy" MealInstead you'll give pigs belly rubs - You'll know chickens dream and feel.The clamor from the ice cream truck won't be music to your ears You will know your Soy Delicious caused no suffering or tears.You may hear a gentle gobble as you softly stroke a turkey And give thanks that she's alive as you're eating your Tofurky.While other kids buy leather shoes and eat at Chucky CheeseYou'll be kissing cows and feeding goats and saying "soy please!"Being different can be hard I know - This world is often cruelMaybe you'll be laughed at by the other kids at school.But compassion is a vital gift that too few share with othersAnd your heart will not be filled with guilt the way it plagues your mother's.So don't ever be embarrassed or ashamed because you careYou'll be uniquely beautiful with an empathy that's rare.And when you see a rescued lamb and touch his thick warm fleeceYou'll feel no sadness or remorse - You can look at him in peace.What took so long for me to learn, I'll start teaching you from birthAnd your footprint will be much tinier on this fragile earth.~Heather Leughmyer---

Guest guest

Absolutely beautiful. Moved me to tears.Sara <judacia1978 wrote: Letter To CieraYou'll never watch an elephant standing on her headYou will see amazing acrobats and painted clowns instead.You'll never color Easter eggs or eat a "Happy" MealInstead you'll give pigs belly rubs - You'll know chickens dream and feel.The clamor from the ice cream truck won't be music to your ears You will know your Soy Delicious caused no suffering or tears.You may hear a gentle gobble as you

softly stroke a turkey And give thanks that she's alive as you're eating your Tofurky.While other kids buy leather shoes and eat at Chucky CheeseYou'll be kissing cows and feeding goats and saying "soy please!"Being different can be hard I know - This world is often cruelMaybe you'll be laughed at by the other kids at school.But compassion is a vital gift that too few share with othersAnd your heart will not be filled with guilt the way it plagues your mother's.So don't ever be embarrassed or ashamed because you careYou'll be uniquely beautiful with an empathy that's rare.And when you see a rescued lamb and touch his thick warm fleeceYou'll feel no sadness or remorse - You can look at him in peace.What took so long for me to learn, I'll start teaching you from birthAnd your footprint will be much tinier on this fragile earth.~Heather

Leughmyer http://pets.Fortheanimals7/join

Guest guest

just beautiful , thank you for sending it :-)On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Shannon Morgan <fortheanmls wrote:

Absolutely beautiful. Moved me to tears.Sara <judacia1978 wrote:

Letter To CieraYou'll never watch an elephant standing on her headYou will see amazing acrobats and painted clowns instead.You'll never color Easter eggs or eat a " Happy " Meal

Instead you'll give pigs belly rubs - You'll know chickens dream and feel.The clamor from the ice cream truck won't be music to your ears You will know your Soy Delicious caused no suffering or tears.

You may hear a gentle gobble as you

softly stroke a turkey And give thanks that she's alive as you're eating your Tofurky.While other kids buy leather shoes and eat at Chucky CheeseYou'll be kissing cows and feeding goats and saying " soy please! "

Being different can be hard I know - This world is often cruelMaybe you'll be laughed at by the other kids at school.But compassion is a vital gift that too few share with othersAnd your heart will not be filled with guilt the way it plagues your

mother's.So don't ever be embarrassed or ashamed because you careYou'll be uniquely beautiful with an empathy that's rare.And when you see a rescued lamb and touch his thick warm fleece

You'll feel no sadness or remorse - You can look at him in peace.What took so long for me to learn, I'll start teaching you from birthAnd your footprint will be much tinier on this fragile earth.

~Heather

Leughmyer

http://pets.Fortheanimals7/join

-- Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.--Elie Wiesel