IndiaDivine.org

PLEASE SIGN PETITION--DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

~ OK TO CROSS POST ~To Chinese Animal Abusers:The evil here, is not only in recognizing your actions would repulse others if they were widely known, but after making concerted efforts to deny your atrocities, returning to that same behavior as if it were now, somehow, magically acceptable.PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO END CHINA'S REIGN OF TERROR AGAINST ANIMALS http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/395884823~ DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS ~Restaurant staff told to 'patiently' suggest other options for dinersBEIJING - Canine cuisine is being sent to the doghouse during next month’s Beijing Olympic Games.Dog

meat has been struck from the menus of officially designated Olympic

restaurants, and Beijing tourism officials are telling other outlets to

discourage consumers from ordering dishes made from dogs, the official

Xinhua News Agency reported Friday.Waiters and waitresses should

“patiently” suggest other options to diners who order dog, it said,

quoting city tourism bureau Vice Director Xiong Yumei.'Fragrant meat'Dog, known in Chinese as “xiangrou,” or “fragrant meat,” is eaten by some Chinese for its purported health-giving qualities.Beijing isn’t the first Olympic host to slap a ban on the dish.South

Korea banned dog meat during the 1988 Seoul Olympics by invoking a law

prohibiting the sale of “foods deemed unsightly.” After the Olympics,

the ban was not strictly enforced.Dog meat is also eaten in some other Asian countries, including Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos.

Guest guest

I believe I heard announced over the tele today that the Chinese have

ordered all restaurants to get dog entre of the menu during the

olympics. You may have to verify this though, but I am pretty sure I

did hear it.

EditorGBAnalysts

Brennan Browne wrote:

~ OK TO CROSS POST ~

To Chinese Animal Abusers:

The evil here, is not only in recognizing your actions would repulse

others if they were widely known, but after making concerted efforts to

deny your atrocities, returning to that same behavior as if it were

now, somehow, magically acceptable.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO END CHINA'S REIGN OF TERROR AGAINST ANIMALS

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/395884823

~ DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS ~

Restaurant staff told to 'patiently' suggest other options for diners

BEIJING - Canine cuisine is being sent to the doghouse during next

month’s Beijing Olympic Games.

Dog

meat has been struck from the menus of officially designated Olympic

restaurants, and Beijing tourism officials are telling other outlets to

discourage consumers from ordering dishes made from dogs, the official

Xinhua News Agency reported Friday.

Waiters and waitresses should

“patiently” suggest other options to diners who order dog, it said,

quoting city tourism bureau Vice Director Xiong Yumei.

'Fragrant meat'

Dog, known in Chinese as “xiangrou,” or “fragrant meat,” is eaten by

some Chinese for its purported health-giving qualities.

Beijing isn’t the first Olympic host to slap a ban on the dish.

South

Korea banned dog meat during the 1988 Seoul Olympics by invoking a law

prohibiting the sale of “foods deemed unsightly.” After the Olympics,

the ban was not strictly enforced.

Dog meat is also eaten in some other Asian countries, including

Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos.

Guest guest

Yes I heard it, too, but it's being done just for the Olympics. Beijing shouldn't have had the Olympics because of its terrible animal rights, human rights, and environmental record, so Beijing is doing a lot to put on a good front for foreigners come Olympics time.

- Paul,

Founder/Green Vibrations.--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Editor <editor wrote:

Editor <editorRe: PLEASE SIGN PETITION--DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS Date: Friday, 11 July, 2008, 7:19 PM

I believe I heard announced over the tele today that the Chinese have ordered all restaurants to get dog entre of the menu during the olympics. You may have to verify this though, but I am pretty sure I did hear it.EditorGBAnalystsBrennan Browne wrote:

~ OK TO CROSS POST ~To Chinese Animal Abusers:The evil here, is not only in recognizing your actions would repulse others if they were widely known, but after making concerted efforts to deny your atrocities, returning to that same behavior as if it were now, somehow, magically acceptable.PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO END CHINA'S REIGN OF TERROR AGAINST ANIMALS http://www.thepetit ionsite.com/ takeaction/ 395884823~ DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS ~Restaurant staff told to 'patiently' suggest other options for dinersBEIJING - Canine cuisine is being sent to the doghouse during next month’s Beijing Olympic Games.Dog meat has been struck from the menus of officially designated Olympic

restaurants, and Beijing tourism officials are telling other outlets to discourage consumers from ordering dishes made from dogs, the official Xinhua News Agency reported Friday.Waiters and waitresses should “patiently†suggest other options to diners who order dog, it said, quoting city tourism bureau Vice Director Xiong Yumei.'Fragrant meat'Dog, known in Chinese as “xiangrou,†or “fragrant meat,†is eaten by some Chinese for its purported health-giving qualities.Beijing isn’t the first Olympic host to slap a ban on the dish.South Korea banned dog meat during the 1988 Seoul Olympics by invoking a law prohibiting the sale of “foods deemed unsightly.†After the Olympics, the ban was not strictly enforced.Dog meat is also eaten in some other Asian countries, including Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos.

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

I agree 100%! the Olympic committee really dropped the ball on this one!

nancie

PAUL RANCE

Sunday, July 13, 2008 6:29 AM

Re: PLEASE SIGN PETITION--DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS

Yes I heard it, too, but it's being done just for the Olympics. Beijing shouldn't have had the Olympics because of its terrible animal rights, human rights, and environmental record, so Beijing is doing a lot to put on a good front for foreigners come Olympics time.

- Paul,

Founder/Green Vibrations.--- On Fri, 11/7/08, Editor <editor (AT) gbanalysts (DOT) com> wrote:

Editor <editor (AT) gbanalysts (DOT) com>Re: PLEASE SIGN PETITION--DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS Date: Friday, 11 July, 2008, 7:19 PM

I believe I heard announced over the tele today that the Chinese have ordered all restaurants to get dog entre of the menu during the olympics. You may have to verify this though, but I am pretty sure I did hear it.EditorGBAnalystsBrennan Browne wrote:

~ OK TO CROSS POST ~To Chinese Animal Abusers:The evil here, is not only in recognizing your actions would repulse others if they were widely known, but after making concerted efforts to deny your atrocities, returning to that same behavior as if it were now, somehow, magically acceptable.PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO END CHINA'S REIGN OF TERROR AGAINST ANIMALS http://www.thepetit ionsite.com/ takeaction/ 395884823~ DOG MEAT OFF THE MENU DURING BEIJING OLYMPICS ~Restaurant staff told to 'patiently' suggest other options for dinersBEIJING - Canine cuisine is being sent to the doghouse during next month’s Beijing Olympic Games.Dog meat has been struck from the menus of officially designated Olympic restaurants, and Beijing tourism officials are telling other outlets to discourage consumers from ordering dishes made from dogs, the official Xinhua News Agency reported Friday.Waiters and waitresses should “patiently†suggest other options to diners who order dog, it said, quoting city tourism bureau Vice Director Xiong Yumei.'Fragrant meat'Dog, known in Chinese as “xiangrou,†or “fragrant meat,†is eaten by some Chinese for its purported health-giving qualities.Beijing isn’t the first Olympic host to slap a ban on the dish.South Korea banned dog meat during the 1988 Seoul Olympics by invoking a law prohibiting the sale of “foods deemed unsightly.†After the Olympics, the ban was not strictly enforced.Dog meat is also eaten in some other Asian countries, including Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos.

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at