IndiaDivine.org

Heidi Krupp Passed Away

Rate this topic

Guest guest

USAPSPCA <USAPSPCA[AnimalShelterReform] Heidi Krupp Passed AwayAnimalShelterReform , UnitedStatesAnimalProtection Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:55 PM

thanks for this Janis. This hits so hard, I knew her not personally but thru her work.

She really stepped up to the plate as u know her sanctuary had just opened when

katrina hit.e

She will be well accompanied on the other sides.

Mary Jo

Janis Lynn Aug 26, 2008 11:11 PM stealthvolunteers [stealthvolunteers] Heidi Krupp Passed Away

It breaks my heart to tell you I just learned Heidi Krupp passed away last Friday as a result of bone cancer at the age of 49. For those of you who do not know Heidi, she was the director of St. Francis Animal Sanctuary in Tylertown, Mississippi, where Best Friends set up their Katrina rescue efforts.

I had the divine pleasure of meeting and working with Heidi while I volunteered at Tylertown. She is truly a testament and hero to the animals she saved. With her the animals always came first. Often the animals ate better than her, had nicer sleeping quarters, and better medical care. Nothing on earth meant more to her than saving animals and providing them a forever safe haven, as St. Francis is a no kill sanctuary.

Heidi played a major role in the Katrina rescue and reunite efforts - another one of our many unsong heroes. It was Heidi who opened her heart and her sanctuary to Best Friends so that thousands more pets could be rescued from devastation and given a second chance at life and a chance to find their way back home. Without Heidi, Best Friends would have not been able to provide so many rescue efforts and a safe haven for so many.

There will be a memorial service for Heidi this Saturday in Tylertown.

It is my sincere hope that each of you will say a prayer for Heidi's mom, Pam, who will continue to keep St. Francis going, and that Heidi will be honored and remember at the Katrina memorial this weekend.

Our animals have lost a great lady, and I have no doubt Heidi is now surrounded by love at the rainbow bridge with those she loved most. Heidi left a legacy that will continue to save hundreds of lives year after year. Heidi was certainly an inspiration to me and I can only hope to aspire to be such a friend to our furball friends.

Please remember Heidi and her Mom, Pam, in your prayers and thoughts.

Janis