IndiaDivine.org

Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I sent him an email addressing my concerns about animal rights and this is the reply I received.

Nancie

----

Obama for America Correspondence Team

9/4/2008 11:11:57 AM

deifspirit

A response to your message to Obama for America

Dear Friend,

Thank you very much for contacting us about animal rights.

Senator Obama realizes that animal welfare means protecting the wildlife whose ecosystems are being threatened by global climate change. To combat this serious problem, he has proposed an aggressive plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by the year 2050. To read more information about Barack's plans to protect the environment, please visit the following link:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/EnvironmentFactSheet.pdf

When Barack Obama first sat down to discuss running for president with his two young daughters – Malia, 8 years old at the time, and Sasha, 5 – they thought for a moment before giving their response: “Does that mean we can get a dog?” So, Barack Obama understands the integral role that dogs and other pets play in the American family. He believes that we must respect the dignity of animals and their rightful place as cohabitants of our environment.

As an Illinois State Senator and United States Senator, Obama has been a champion of animal-friendly legislation and policy. He has repeatedly voted to increase penalties for animal cruelty and violence, and to require psychological counseling for those who engage in this behavior. He has co-sponsored bills to ban the slaughter of horses and wild burros, increase penalties for animal fighting, prohibit dog fighting, and penalize spectators for engaging in dog fighting. He has supported additional funding for the Animal Care division within the Department of Agriculture, and sought funds to enforce the Animal Welfare Act, Humane Methods of Slaughter Act, and the federal animal fighting law. He has cosponsored legislation to promote the veterinary profession, including providing grants

to encourage graduates to work in underserved rural and inner city areas or specialize in public health and biomedical research. And Obama voted to require the Food and Drug Administration to update labeling standards for pet food and create a national registry or early warning system for adulterated pet food.

As president, Obama will continue to respect and support animals. He will make sure that we treat animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect like the serious crime it is, and address its connection to broader patterns of violence. He will support the role pets play as companions by crafting policies that honor the bonds between family and pet. Obama will encourage and support the role animals play in assisting humans, from search and rescue to aiding persons with disabilities. This means we need to support their trainers and the people they assist, and, most importantly, make sure that animals employed by humans are well-treated.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Obama for America

----------------------

Paid for by Obama for America

Yes, I await John McCain supporter's response to this letter. I don't really want to see this group too bogged down with US election stuff, but, speaking as someone not 'into' party politics it seems blindingly obvious that Barack Obama cares more about animal welfare issues than John McCain. McCain proved how much he cares about animal welfare and environmental issues when he hired Sarah Palin. I would suggest to the poster of John McCain's website address that you obviously don't care passionately about animal welfare and environmental issues, so why are you in this group?

- Paul Rance,

Founder/Green Vibrations.--- On Sat, 6/9/08, Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit wrote:

Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America"ancientwarrior67777" <ancientwarrior67777, "animalrightsactivistresources" <animalrightsactivistresources >, "animals need us now" <animalsneedusnow >, "animalsareadvancedsouls" <animalsareadvancedsouls, "arubyrogers" <arubyrogers >, "fortheanimals7" <fortheanimals7 >, "-owner" , phenomenal_radio_social_lounge , "Planeta_Animal" <planetanimal, "STOP_HORSE_CRUELTY" <STOP_HORSE_CRUELTY >, Paws_For_Concern Date: Saturday, 6 September, 2008, 10:35 AM

I sent him an email addressing my concerns about animal rights and this is the reply I received.

Nancie

----

deifspirit

Dear Friend,

Senator Obama realizes that animal welfare means protecting the wildlife whose ecosystems are being threatened by global climate change. To combat this serious problem, he has proposed an aggressive plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by the year 2050. To read more information about Barack's plans to protect the environment, please visit the following link:

When Barack Obama first sat down to discuss running for president with his two young daughters – Malia, 8 years old at the time, and Sasha, 5 – they thought for a moment before giving their response: “Does that mean we can get a dog?†So, Barack Obama understands the integral role that dogs and other pets play in the American family. He believes that we must respect the dignity of animals and their rightful place as cohabitants of our environment.

As an Illinois State Senator and United States Senator, Obama has been a champion of animal-friendly legislation and policy. He has repeatedly voted to increase penalties for animal cruelty and violence, and to require psychological counseling for those who engage in this behavior. He has co-sponsored bills to ban the slaughter of horses and wild burros, increase penalties for animal fighting, prohibit dog fighting, and penalize spectators for engaging in dog fighting. He has supported additional funding for the Animal Care division within the Department of Agriculture, and sought funds to enforce the Animal Welfare Act, Humane Methods of Slaughter Act, and the federal animal fighting law. He has cosponsored legislation to promote the veterinary profession, including providing grants

to encourage graduates to work in underserved rural and inner city areas or specialize in public health and biomedical research. And Obama voted to require the Food and Drug Administration to update labeling standards for pet food and create a national registry or early warning system for adulterated pet food.

As president, Obama will continue to respect and support animals. He will make sure that we treat animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect like the serious crime it is, and address its connection to broader patterns of violence. He will support the role pets play as companions by crafting policies that honor the bonds between family and pet. Obama will encourage and support the role animals play in assisting humans, from search and rescue to aiding persons with disabilities. This means we need to support their trainers and the people they assist, and, most importantly, make sure that animals employed by humans are well-treated.

Sincerely,

Obama for America

----------------------

Oh I am sorry - I don't want to make trouble- I just thought since this site is pro- animal rights that maybe members would want to see what obama has to say about AR's.

Nancie

----

PAUL RANCE

9/6/2008 4:38:39 AM

Re: Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America

Yes, I await John McCain supporter's response to this letter. I don't really want to see this group too bogged down with US election stuff, but, speaking as someone not 'into' party politics it seems blindingly obvious that Barack Obama cares more about animal welfare issues than John McCain. McCain proved how much he cares about animal welfare and environmental issues when he hired Sarah Palin. I would suggest to the poster of John McCain's website address that you obviously don't care passionately about animal welfare and environmental issues, so why are you in this group?

- Paul Rance,

Founder/Green Vibrations.--- On Sat, 6/9/08, Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit (AT) msn (DOT) com> Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America"ancientwarrior67777" <ancientwarrior67777 >, "animalrightsactivistresources" <animalrightsactivistresources >, "animals need us now" <animalsneedusnow >, "animalsareadvancedsouls" <animalsareadvancedsouls >, "arubyrogers" <arubyrogers >, "fortheanimals7" <fortheanimals7 >, "-owner" , phenomenal_radio_social_lounge , "Planeta_Animal" <planetanimal (AT) msn (DOT) com>, "STOP_HORSE_CRUELTY" <STOP_HORSE_CRUELTY >, Paws_For_Concern Date: Saturday, 6 September, 2008, 10:35 AM

Nancie

----

deifspirit (AT) msn (DOT) com

Dear Friend,

When Barack Obama first sat down to discuss running for president with his two young daughters – Malia, 8 years old at the time, and Sasha, 5 – they thought for a moment before giving their response: “Does that mean we can get a dog?†So, Barack Obama understands the integral role that dogs and other pets play in the American family. He believes that we must respect the dignity of animals and their rightful place as cohabitants of our environment.

Sincerely,

Obama for America

----------------------

No problems with you Nancie. Just annoyed with the McCain site poster you replied to just posting political links without backing it up. Glad you posted the Obama letter, as we need to know, from the horse's mouth, what the politicians really stand for.

Regards,

Paul.--- On Sun, 7/9/08, Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit wrote:

Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspiritRe: Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America Date: Sunday, 7 September, 2008, 5:17 AM

Oh I am sorry - I don't want to make trouble- I just thought since this site is pro- animal rights that maybe members would want to see what obama has to say about AR's.

Nancie

----

PAUL RANCE

9/6/2008 4:38:39 AM

Re: Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America

- Paul Rance,

Founder/Green Vibrations.--- On Sat, 6/9/08, Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

Nancie Elizabeth Barnett <deifspirit (AT) msn (DOT) com> Fw: A response to your message to Obama for America"ancientwarrior6777 7" <ancientwarrior67777 @>, "animalrightsactivi stresources" <animalrightsactivis tresources>, "animals need us now" <animalsneedusnow>, "animalsareadvanced souls" <animalsareadvanceds ouls >, "arubyrogers" <arubyrogers>, "fortheanimals7" <fortheanimals7>, "- owner" <>, phenomenal_radio_ social_lounge, "Planeta_Animal" <planetanimal@ msn.com>, "STOP_HORSE_ CRUELTY" <STOP_HORSE_CRUELTY>, Paws_For_ConcernSaturday, 6 September, 2008, 10:35 AM

Nancie

-- --

deifspirit (AT) msn (DOT) com

Dear Friend,

http://www.barackob ama.com/issues/ pdf/EnvironmentF actSheet. pdf

Sincerely,

Obama for America

------------ --------- -