IndiaDivine.org

PHILLY, PA * SANTA VOLUNTEERS NEEDED CHRISTMAS DAY FROM 12 NOON -2 PM & 'I RESCUED A HUMAN BEING TODAY'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PLEASE FORWARD AND CROSSPOST * SCROLL DOWN, AFTER READING "I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY", FOR INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING AT THE SHELTER FOR THE ANIMALS ON CHRISTMAS DAY!!

Howard Nelson <hnelson (AT) pspca (DOT) org>misspostit Friday, December 19, 2008 4:05:27 PMHappy Holidays

Quick Links

Adoptable Pets

Support the PSPCA

News and Events

Contact Us

Howard Nelson, CEO

hnelson@ pspca.org

Elaine Skypala

Chief Program Officer

eskypala@ pspca.org

Lisa Rodgers

Chief Operating Officer lrodgers@ pspca.org

George Bengal of Investigations

gbengal@ pspca.org

Dr. Rachel Lee

Chief Investigative Veterinarian

rlee@ pspca.org

Rachel McCrystal of Developmentrmccrystal@ pspca.org

Heather Redfern Director of Outreach Programshredfern@ pspca.org

Dr. Ravindra Murarka Director of Animal Health rmurarka@ pspca.org Wendy Lewis of Hospital Administration

wlewis@ pspca.org

Nicole Larocco, CPDT Director of Animal Training and Behavior nlarocco@ pspca.org

Ray Little Director of Adoptions, Rescue, and Foster Care

rlittle@ pspca.org

Stacey Plattenberger

Volunteer Coordinator

splattenberger@ pspca.org

Chad Weaver

of Branch Adoption Centers

cweaver@ pspca.org

Dear Friend,

When I see a family leaving the PSPCA with a dog, cat or other companion animal, I often think how lucky that boy or girl is to be going to a wonderful new home, with a family who will give him or her lots of love, a warm bed and many treats and toys.

Did you ever wonder how a rescued animal might feel when walking out of the shelter for its forever home? I recently received the following email, "I rescued a human today." I'm sure the message exemplifies the feeling many of our furry or feathered companions have once adopted by their new families.

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor, peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel, I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.As she read my kennel card, I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life. She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort

her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one. I rescued a human today.

The PSPCA has many wonderful animals waiting here to rescue their humans. If you or someone you know needs to be saved by a furry paw or feathered wing, visit our adoption website, or better yet, take the walk down the corridors of our Adoption Centers.

Happy Holidays to you and your family! All my best, HowardHoward R. Nelson, CEO

Make it a "Yappy" Holiday at the PSPCA!

December 25 will be a special day at the PSPCA. Even though the shelter will be closed, our furry friends will still receive their usual hugs and love, along with a treat from Santa. As a reward for their good behavior, Santa is sending his "elves" to our Philadelphia branch to spread extra holiday cheer to the animals waiting here until their new families adopt them. PSPCA staff and volunteers will distribute toys and serve a feast of chicken and rice and fish. We are going to make this a "Meowy" Christmas and "Yappy" New Year for all of our four-legged friends.

If you would like to help at the shelter from 12-2 p.m. on Christmas Day, contact PSPCA Development Director Rachel McCrystal at 215-426-6304, ext. 217 or

rmccrystal@ pspca.org.

Forward email

This email was sent to misspostit by hnelson@ pspca.org.

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUn™ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

The Pennsylvania SPCA | 350 East Erie Avenue | Philadelphia | PA | 19134

Please click to feed dogs and cats in shelters !http://www.theanima lrescuesite. com/clickToGive/ home.faces? siteId=3

Generates donations of food to abused and neglected animals.

Please click to help other animals in need !

http://babyseals. care2.com

Generates donations to Seals, Rainforest, Oceans, Big Cats, Primates, Pets.

Please click if you can help !

http://www.imom. org/To better the lives of sick, injured and abused companion animals. We are dedicated to insure that no companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker is financially challenged.http://www.imom. org/pin/general/ reba-pupa. htm

"Helping people help pets".

NOTICE :

TO MY PERSONAL CONTACTS:

1) As always; if you wish to be removed from my list please reply to me and ask to be removed. You will be removed promptly. Please reply from the post you have received and from the same email address that you received the post. This will facilitate easier removal of your email address.

2) You can place a BLOCK on my email address.

3) Please consider joining a group that I post to as I am limited to how MANY posts or emails I can send out per day. I post to the groups first; then private contacts. I can send you a list of groups upon request.

TO MEMBERS:

1) You are getting messages THRU a group(s) that you and I are both members of.

2) I DO NOT have your personal email address; YOU ARE NOT BEING SPAMMED !!!

3) If you do not wish to receive messages from me please you have an option:

CHANGE YOUR GROUP SETTINGS: If you are on INDIVIDUAL EMAIL; or have not made a choice on how to receive messages you will receive ALL the messages going into the group.

4) Please do not ask me to remove your email address from a group; you must from the group.

5) For further assistance regarding the groups please contact the owner or moderator of that group