IndiaDivine.org

ACTION ALERT!! City of Buffalo NY * AC Left Dogs Outside To DIE * GRAPHIC PIC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PLEASE FORWARD / CROSSPOST / TAKE ACTION FOR THESE POOR INNOCENT SWEET SOULS WHO FROZE TO DEATH!! INFO BELOW

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, annette <annette wrote:

melgraj2 <melgraj2NY: City of Buffalo Animal Control:Dogs left outside to die / PLEASE HELPSaturday, February 7, 2009, 9:09 AM

NY - City of Buffalo Animal Control - Dogs being left outside to DIE! -

Laws in NY, and other states, re minimum shelter being supplied for outdoor dogs are wholly inadequate, unacceptable and reprehensible! These animals are dying because of the neglect and indifference of their guardians who are either stupid or downright cruel. Laws must change and now is the time, with this sort of photographic evidence. Please reach out to your local representatives, your State Senators and Assembly members and tell them you want them to sponsor legislation to change this!

Can someone put a petition online that demands that these outdated laws be made to conform to reality? How about HSUS? DDB? FOA? These are organizations with representatives in NY and with big mailing lists to reach out to activists everywhere.

z~

owlcaller@ hotmail.com

Friday, February 06, 2009 2:50 PM

:

The Mayor of Buffalo NY is Byron Brown. He's another one that you can contact if so inclined. Maybe we can collectively raise hell about this. Not sure if any "owners" are taken to task for allowing this to happen, but I'm guessing not. Please cross post all over.

It is not Animal Control's fault that they are picking up dead dogs, but it needs to be determined WHO, if anyone, is doing follow-up...and what their policies are. Buffalo certainly doesn't need this stigma. Mayor Byron Brown -

65 Niagara SqBuffalo, NY 14202-3384Phone: (716) 851-4841

email: MayorBrownWebMail@ ch.ci.buffalo.ny.us (please be polite...he may know nothing about this until now).

City of Buffalo Animal Control (check out all the pitbulls...almost nothing but) http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?offset=25 & limit=25 & zip= & & shelterid=NY341 & tmpl=0 & lat= & long= & preview=1 & sort

City of Buffalo Animal Control

380 N. Oak StreetBuffalo, NY 14203Phone: 716-851-5694 or 851-4265Fax: 716-851-5096

"Julie Stayer" julie (at spbr.org)Thursday, February 05, 2009 12:41 PMDogs being left outside to DIE! - A person contacted our rescue with this story and picture.

He was at Wilson Farms around 10:30 am the other day. He noticed a"City of Buffalo Animal Control" vehicle. He noticed something protruding from the vehicle. Upon closer investigation, he saw that the back of the truck was loaded with dead dogs, about 12, mostly Pit bulls that were frozen solid.The Animal Control Officer informed the man that he drives around all day and picks up dead dogs, mostly Pit bulls, that are left outside to die.Bottom line, there needs to be more education, media coverage and penalties for this abuse. I think we've all tried to call about these cases and are told that as long as the dog has shelter, that there is nothing that can legally be done. That needs to change.I have contacted Channel 2, who would like to investigate. A fellow rescuer of mine, also a part of Smilin' Pit Bull Rescue, has contacted Channel 4, who is also interested.Please forward to fellow animal lovers, local leaders, everyone who has a voice.Thank you!Julie StayerSmilin' Pit Bull Rescue Volunteer

Please click to feed dogs and cats in shelters !http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Generates donations of food toabused and neglected animals.

Please click to help other animals in need !

http://babyseals.care2.com

Generates donations to Seals, Rainforest, Oceans, Big Cats, Primates, Pets.

Please click if you can help !

http://www.imom.org/To better the lives of sick, injured and abused companion animals. We are dedicated to insure that no companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker is financially challenged.http://www.imom.org/pin/general/reba-pupa.htm

"Helping people help pets".

NOTICE :

TO MY PERSONAL CONTACTS:

1) As always; if you wish to be removed from my list please reply to me and ask to be removed. You will be removed promptly.Please reply from the post you have received and from the same email address that you received the post. This will facilitate easier removal of your email address.

2) You can place aBLOCK on my email address.

3) Please consider joining a group that I post to as I am limited to how MANY posts or emails I can send out per day. I post to the groups first; then private contacts. I can send you a list of groups upon request.

TO MEMBERS:

1) You are getting messagesTHRU a group(s) that you and I are both members of.

2) I DO NOT have your personal email address;YOU ARE NOT BEING SPAMMED !!!

3) If you do not wish to receive messages from me please you have an option:

CHANGE YOUR GROUP SETTINGS: If you are onINDIVIDUAL EMAIL; or have not made a choice on how to receive messages youwill receiveALL the messages going into the group.

4) Please do not ask me to remove your email address from a group; you must from the group.

5) For further assistance regarding the groups please contact the owner or moderator of that group