IndiaDivine.org

Ants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/1/04 4:48:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Message: 9 Sun, 1 Aug 2004 15:25:06 EDT xjenisveganxSubject: ants...does anyone know an ethical way to get rid of ants? my roommate kills them with some death spray.any ideas?heart,jen.

I have a book by a man named Andy Lopez. His book is something on organic gardening with a lot on organic pest control. One chapter is all about ants...it's called "Dancing with Ants". He goes a lot into it...but his suggestion is to build an "ant cafe" away from the house to lure the ants and keep them happy and occupied so they won't need to come in the house. He says that even if we get rid of them completely via spray (which he does not advocate) they will come back EVEN WORSE the next year. Check out his book....if it's still around.

See, I have vegan principals at heart!!! How many people know how to avoid killing ants! How many people have taken the time to even learn such a thing...I have! I am so close to being vegan and waaaaaay farther from vegetarian...awww I digress.

Kristina

• 2 years later...

I got this link on another list and it hit home here. We have had an

enormous problem with ants this year every where in the house. I did notice

though that they never went near my empty packet of aspartame when I would

forget and leave it on the counter. Maybe this is why. This article comes

from a newspaper so should be valid I would think. I will not be using

aspartame any longer, but maybe the ants can use my left overs.

I

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20060612.htm

Interesting article isn't it.....Wish more would realize just how dangerous this

product is.

Judy

-

irene947

Monday, August 21, 2006 2:28 PM

Ants

I got this link on another list and it hit home here. We have had an

enormous problem with ants this year every where in the house. I did notice

though that they never went near my empty packet of aspartame when I would

forget and leave it on the counter. Maybe this is why. This article comes

from a newspaper so should be valid I would think. I will not be using

aspartame any longer, but maybe the ants can use my left overs.

I

http://www.proliberty.com/observer/20060612.htm

--- wwjd <jtwigg wrote:

> Interesting article isn't it.....Wish more would

> realize just how dangerous this product is.

> Judy

I'm no ant, but I have been consuming

aspartame/nutrasweet/Equal for the past 19+ years,

ever since I developed Type 1 diabetes. There is no

proof that it is harmful to humans. The story about

the ants may be true, but it also sounds like one of

those urban legends. Either way, as a diabetic who

tries to watch carbs and especially carbs that can be

subbed for, I will continue to use it and not worry at

all. I usually have several cups of tea each day with

2 packets each. I put some in my plain yogurt,

cottage cheese and hot cereals when I have them.

Unlike an ant, I'm not eating chunks of the stuff

bigger than my head. I also hate the taste of

Splenda, and you'd have to pay me a lot of money to

eat anything with Stevia in it.

--

Liz

• 11 months later...

can you put your cat's food bowl in a slightly larger pan/dish of water?

then said lil ants won't be encouraged to come looking for food

clean the area around the cat dish with citrus or peppermint oils...ants will avoid it...

maybe...

veganfitness Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM Re: Re: kind of introduction

Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and love everything about eating a vegan diet. To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do when I see occasional "ants" in my kitchen and crawling around my cat's food bowl which I "try" to keep clean at all times. I cannot say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something "big" inside my house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying! Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:26 pmRe: Re: kind of introduction

Hi Lena, yes the media does portray most of Russia as a country ( especially under Putin ) that seems to be if not standing still in terms of human rights, etc then going backward ( apart from a select few rich ), I cant imagine what it must be like for kids telling their parents that they want to go vegie never mind vegan!

Can you order stuff into Russia on mail order? probably mega expensive?

The Valley Vegan..............being_vegan <phrases_simples > wrote:

I don't think your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)Vegans are rather rare here - hence the negative reactionstowards veganism are rather widespread.My personal experience is that people can tolerate you as a vegetarianpretty well, but a vegan (actually, the word itself is almost unknown)is often treated as a complete idiot.Sadly, the common idea is that our country is too poor to care foranimals - and that is what I hate most about being a vegan inRussia.We also don't have all these things like soy ice cream, soy cheese andvegan doughnuts... (which is not a real problem)and finding a not-tested-whatever is sometimes not easy... (which is areal problem). , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> H Lena and welcome, please feel free to join in or start anydiscusions you like.> What is it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impressionof your country is not always favourable, so do tell?> Your english is better that mine!> Best Wishes.> The Valley Vegan............> > being_vegan <phrases_simples wrote:> My name is Lena and I'm a 25 years old ethical vegan girlfrom Russia> (Moscow).> I went vegan in 2005 after 4 years of being an ovo-lacto vegetarian> and I've been a vegansexual long before they invented this word. :-)> I'm a freelance web-developer hoping to become a serious programmer> one day.> > Looking forward to being a part of ...> > P.S. Hope that my far-from-native English won't be a big problem.> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

Peter H

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month.

Check Out the new free AIM® Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

When I see the price that you pay

I don't wanna grow up

I don't ever want to be that way

I don't wanna grow up

Seems that folks turn into things

that they never want

fraggle <EBbrewpunx

Tue, 21 Aug 2007 2:06 pm

Re: Re: ants

clean the area around the cat dish with citrus or peppermint oils...ants will avoid it...

maybe...

veganfitness (AT) AIM (DOT) com

Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM

Re: Re: kind of introduction

Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and love everything about eating a vegan diet.

To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do when I see occasional "ants" in my kitchen and crawling around my cat's food bowl which I "try" to keep clean at all times. I cannot say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something "big" inside my house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying!

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>

Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:26 pm

Hi Lena, yes the media does portray most of Russia as a country ( especially under Putin ) that seems to be if not standing still in terms of human rights, etc then going backward ( apart from a select few rich ), I cant imagine what it must be like for kids telling their parents that they want to go vegie never mind vegan!

The Valley Vegan..............

being_vegan <phrases_simples > wrote:

I don't think your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)

Vegans are rather rare here - hence the negative reactions

towards veganism are rather widespread.

My personal experience is that people can tolerate you as a vegetarian

pretty well, but a vegan (actually, the word itself is almost unknown)

is often treated as a complete idiot.

Sadly, the common idea is that our country is too poor to care for

animals - and that is what I hate most about being a vegan in

Russia.

We also don't have all these things like soy ice cream, soy cheese and

vegan doughnuts... (which is not a real problem)

and finding a not-tested-whatever is sometimes not easy... (which is a

real problem).

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> H Lena and welcome, please feel free to join in or start any

discusions you like.

> What is it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impression

of your country is not always favourable, so do tell?

> Your english is better that mine!

> Best Wishes.

> The Valley Vegan............

>

> being_vegan <phrases_simples wrote:

> My name is Lena and I'm a 25 years old ethical vegan girl

from Russia

> (Moscow).

> I went vegan in 2005 after 4 years of being an ovo-lacto vegetarian

> and I've been a vegansexual long before they invented this word. :-)

> I'm a freelance web-developer hoping to become a serious programmer

> one day.

>

> Looking forward to being a part of ...

>

> P.S. Hope that my far-from-native English won't be a big problem.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.

>

Peter H

Check Out the new free AIM® Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

sent before finishing; sorry. Thank you for the tip; I use Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap so I will try that. I appreciate it!

fraggle <EBbrewpunx

Tue, 21 Aug 2007 2:06 pm

maybe...

Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and love everything about eating a vegan diet.

To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do when I see occasional "ants" in my kitchen and crawling around my cat's food bowl which I "try" to keep clean at all times. I cannot say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something "big" inside my house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying!

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>

I don't think your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)

Russia.

real problem).

>

discusions you like.

> What is it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impression

> Best Wishes.

>

from Russia

> (Moscow).

> one day.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.

>

Peter H

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Actually I've read that peppermint oil can kill cats if ingested: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_ask_cleaningproducts & s_state=peppermint If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations also contain aspirin derivatives, which could result in additional toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat is allowed access. fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: can you put your cat's food bowl in a slightly larger pan/dish of water? then said lil ants won't be encouraged to come looking for food clean the area around the cat dish with citrus or peppermint oils...ants will avoid it... maybe... veganfitness (AT) AIM (DOT) com Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM To:

Re: Re: kind of introduction Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and love everything about eating a vegan diet. To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do when I see occasional "ants" in my kitchen and crawling around my cat's food bowl which I "try" to keep clean at all times. I cannot say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something "big" inside my house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying! Peter VV

<swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:26 pmRe: Re: kind of introduction Hi Lena, yes the media does portray most of Russia as a country ( especially under Putin ) that seems to be if not standing still in terms of human rights, etc then going backward ( apart from a select few rich ), I cant imagine what it must be like for kids telling their parents that they want to go vegie never mind vegan! Can you order stuff into Russia on mail order? probably mega expensive? The Valley Vegan..............being_vegan <phrases_simples > wrote: I don't think

your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)Vegans are rather rare here - hence the negative reactionstowards veganism are rather widespread.My personal experience is that people can tolerate you as a vegetarianpretty well, but a vegan (actually, the word itself is almost unknown)is often treated as a complete idiot.Sadly, the common idea is that our country is too poor to care foranimals - and that is what I hate most about being a vegan inRussia.We also don't have all these things like soy ice cream, soy cheese andvegan doughnuts... (which is not a real problem)and finding a not-tested-whatever is sometimes not easy... (which is areal problem). , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> H Lena and welcome, please feel free to join in or start anydiscusions you like.> What is

it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impressionof your country is not always favourable, so do tell?> Your english is better that mine!> Best Wishes.> The Valley Vegan............> > being_vegan <phrases_simples wrote:> My name is Lena and I'm a 25 years old ethical vegan girlfrom Russia> (Moscow).> I went vegan in 2005 after 4 years of being an ovo-lacto vegetarian> and I've been a vegansexual long before they invented this word. :-)> I'm a freelance web-developer hoping to become a serious programmer> one day.> > Looking forward to being a part of ...> > P.S. Hope that my far-from-native English won't be a big problem.> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > > Answers - Get better answers

from someone who knows. Tryit now.> Peter H For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month. Check Out the new free AIM® Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.

learn something new everyday....

tho...why my cat eats all the mint plants...i guess he can't read...

"Tracy H." Aug 21, 2007 2:22 PM Re: Re: ants

Actually I've read that peppermint oil can kill cats if ingested:

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_ask_cleaningproducts & s_state=peppermint

If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations also contain aspirin derivatives, which could result in additional toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat is allowed access.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

maybe...

veganfitness (AT) AIM (DOT) com Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM Re: Re: kind of introduction

Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and love everything about eating a vegan diet. To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do when I see occasional "ants" in my kitchen and crawling around my cat's food bowl which I "try" to keep clean at all times. I cannot say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something "big" inside my house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying! Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:26 pmRe: Re: kind of introduction

I don't think your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)Vegans are rather rare here - hence the negative reactionstowards veganism are rather widespread.My personal experience is that people can tolerate you as a vegetarianpretty well, but a vegan (actually, the word itself is almost unknown)is often treated as a complete idiot.Sadly, the common idea is that our country is too poor to care foranimals - and that is what I hate most about being a vegan inRussia.We also don't have all these things like soy ice cream, soy cheese andvegan doughnuts... (which is not a real problem)and finding a not-tested-whatever is sometimes not easy... (which is areal problem). , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> H Lena and welcome, please feel free to join in or start anydiscusions you like.> What is it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impressionof your country is not always favourable, so do tell?> Your english is better that mine!> Best Wishes.> The Valley Vegan............> > being_vegan <phrases_simples wrote:> My name is Lena and I'm a 25 years old ethical vegan girlfrom Russia> (Moscow).> I went vegan in 2005 after 4 years of being an ovo-lacto vegetarian> and I've been a vegansexual long before they invented this word. :-)> I'm a freelance web-developer hoping to become a serious programmer> one day.> > Looking forward to being a part of ...> > P.S. Hope that my far-from-native English won't be a big problem.> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

Peter H

When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want

Tracy H. <denise_h22

Tue, 21 Aug 2007 2:22 pm

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_ask_cleaningproducts & s_state=peppermint

If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations also contain aspirin derivatives, which could result in additional toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat is allowed access.

maybe...

To:

Peter VV

<swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>

I don't think

your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)

Russia.

real problem).

>

discusions you like.

> What is

it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impression

> Best Wishes.

>

from Russia

> (Moscow).

> one day.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Answers - Get better answers

from someone who knows. Tryit now.

>

Peter H

When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Thanks to everyone; I read up and will not use peppermint oil b/c of my cat. Thanks.

Tracy H. <denise_h22

Tue, 21 Aug 2007 2:22 pm

maybe...

To:

Peter VV

<swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>

I don't think

your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)

Russia.

real problem).

>

discusions you like.

> What is

it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impression

> Best Wishes.

>

from Russia

> (Moscow).

> one day.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Answers - Get better answers

from someone who knows. Tryit now.

>

Peter H

Maybe you could train your cats to eat the ants :-)

Jo

, veganfitness wrote:

>

>

> Thanks to everyone; I read up and will not use peppermint oil b/c

of my cat. Thanks.

>

> Tracy H. <denise_h22

>

> Tue, 21 Aug 2007 2:22 pm

> Re: Re: ants

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ?

>

> http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?

pagename=pro_apcc_ask_cleaningproducts & s_state=peppermint

>

> ?

>

> If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed

potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to

peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central

nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if

ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations

also contain aspirin derivatives, which could result in additional

toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to

occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would

not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat

is allowed access.

>

>

>

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

>

>

>

> can you put your cat's food bowl in a slightly larger pan/dish of

water?

>

> then said lil ants won't be encouraged to come looking for food

>

> clean the area around the cat dish with citrus or peppermint

oils...ants will avoid it...

>

> maybe...

>

>

>

>

>

> veganfitness

> Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM

> To:

>

> Re: Re: kind of introduction

Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my

grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and

love everything about eating a vegan diet.

> ? To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do

when I see occasional " ants " in my kitchen and crawling around my

cat's food bowl which I " try " to keep clean at all times. I cannot

say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more

aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something " big " inside my

house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it

outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying!??

>

>

>

> Peter VV

> <swpgh01

>

> Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:26 pm

> Re: Re: kind of introduction

>

>

Hi Lena, yes the media does portray most of Russia as a country (

especially under Putin ) that seems to be if not standing still in

terms of human rights, etc then going backward? ( apart from a select

few rich ), I cant imagine what it must be like for kids telling

their parents that they want to go vegie never mind vegan!

>

> Can you order stuff into Russia on mail order? probably mega

expensive?

>

> ?

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

>

>

>

> I don't think

> your " media fed impression " is very misleading. :-)

>

> Vegans are rather rare here - hence the negative reactions

> towards veganism are rather widespread.

> My personal experience is that people can tolerate you as a

vegetarian

> pretty well, but a vegan (actually, the word itself is almost

unknown)

> is often treated as a complete idiot.

> Sadly, the common idea is that our country is too poor to care for

> animals - and that is what I hate most about being a vegan in

> Russia.

>

> We also don't have all these things like soy ice cream, soy cheese

and

> vegan doughnuts... (which is not a real problem)

> and finding a not-tested-whatever is sometimes not easy... (which

is a

> real problem).

>

> , Peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > H Lena and welcome, please feel free to join in or start any

> discusions you like.

> > What is

> it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impression

> of your country is not always favourable, so do tell?

> > Your english is better that mine!

> > Best Wishes.

> > The Valley Vegan............

> >

> > being_vegan <phrases_simples@> wrote:

> > My name is Lena and I'm a 25 years old ethical vegan girl

> from Russia

> > (Moscow).

> > I went vegan in 2005 after 4 years of being an ovo-lacto

vegetarian

> > and I've been a vegansexual long before they invented this

word. :-)

> > I'm a freelance web-developer hoping to become a serious

programmer

> > one day.

> >

> > Looking forward to being a part of ...

> >

> > P.S. Hope that my far-from-native English won't be a big problem.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Peter H

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Answers - Get better answers

> from someone who knows. Tryit now.

> >

>

>

Peter H?

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good

this month.

Check Out the new free AIM® Mail -- Unlimited storage and

industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

>

>

>

>

>

When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't

ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks

turn into things that they never want

>

>

>

>

>

Choose the right car based on your needs.

> Check out Autos new Car Finder tool.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

__

> Check Out the new free AIM® Mail -- Unlimited storage and

industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

>

Cats like cat mint dont they?.catmint, and isnt catnip related to the mint family of plants? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: learn something new everyday.... tho...why my cat eats all the mint plants...i guess he can't read... "Tracy H." Aug 21, 2007 2:22 PM To:

Re: Re: ants Actually I've read that peppermint oil can kill cats if ingested: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_ask_cleaningproducts & s_state=peppermint If ingested, the peppermint plant and its oil could indeed potentially cause harm to your cat. Cats are especially sensitive to peppermint oil, and effects such as gastrointestinal upset, central nervous system depression and even liver damage could occur if ingested in significant quantities. Some peppermint oil formulations also contain aspirin derivatives, which

could result in additional toxicity. Furthermore, if inhalation of the volatile oil were to occur, aspiration pneumonia may be possible. Based on this, we would not recommend using peppermint leaves or oil in areas where your cat is allowed access. fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: can you put your cat's food bowl in a slightly larger pan/dish of water? then said lil ants won't be encouraged to come looking for food clean the area around the cat dish with citrus or peppermint oils...ants will avoid it... maybe... veganfitness (AT) AIM (DOT) com Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM Re: Re: kind of introduction

Hi Lena, I think your English is excellent and welcome. All of my grandparents were from Russia. I am vegan now for about a year and love everything about eating a vegan diet. To some members of the group: I am at a conflict about what to do when I see occasional "ants" in my kitchen and crawling around my cat's food bowl which I "try" to keep clean at all times. I cannot say I haven't killed them b/c I have. Being vegan now makes me more aware. (when I see the occasional spider or something "big" inside my house from the outside, I try and catch it in a cup and put it outside again. I'm far from perfect from I am trying! Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:26

pmRe: Re: kind of introduction Hi Lena, yes the media does portray most of Russia as a country ( especially under Putin ) that seems to be if not standing still in terms of human rights, etc then going backward ( apart from a select few rich ), I cant imagine what it must be like for kids telling their parents that they want to go vegie never mind vegan! Can you order stuff into Russia on mail order? probably mega expensive? The Valley Vegan..............being_vegan <phrases_simples > wrote: I don't think your "media fed impression" is very misleading. :-)Vegans are rather rare here - hence the

negative reactionstowards veganism are rather widespread.My personal experience is that people can tolerate you as a vegetarianpretty well, but a vegan (actually, the word itself is almost unknown)is often treated as a complete idiot.Sadly, the common idea is that our country is too poor to care foranimals - and that is what I hate most about being a vegan inRussia.We also don't have all these things like soy ice cream, soy cheese andvegan doughnuts... (which is not a real problem)and finding a not-tested-whatever is sometimes not easy... (which is areal problem). , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> H Lena and welcome, please feel free to join in or start anydiscusions you like.> What is it like being a vegan in Moscow, the media fed impressionof your country is not always

favourable, so do tell?> Your english is better that mine!> Best Wishes.> The Valley Vegan............> > being_vegan <phrases_simples wrote:> My name is Lena and I'm a 25 years old ethical vegan girlfrom Russia> (Moscow).> I went vegan in 2005 after 4 years of being an ovo-lacto vegetarian> and I've been a vegansexual long before they invented this word. :-)> I'm a freelance web-developer hoping to become a serious programmer> one day.> > Looking forward to being a part of ...> > P.S. Hope that my far-from-native English won't be a big problem.> > > > > > > Peter H > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.> Peter H For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month. Check Out the new free AIM® Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection. When I see the price

that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want Peter H

yes catnip is a mint...

Peter VV Aug 22, 2007 3:11 PM Re: Re: ants

Cats like cat mint dont they?.catmint, and isnt catnip related to the mint family of plants?

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

learn something new everyday....

tho...why my cat eats all the mint plants...i guess he can't read...

"Tracy H." Aug 21, 2007 2:22 PM Re: Re: ants

maybe...

veganfitness (AT) AIM (DOT) com Aug 21, 2007 10:36 AM Re: Re: kind of introduction

Peter H

When I see the price

that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Autos new Car Finder tool. When I see the price that you pay I don't wanna grow up I don't ever want to be that way I don't wanna grow up Seems that folks turn into things that they never want

Peter H

I don't wanna grow up

I don't wanna grow up

that they never want