IndiaDivine.org

for Surya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Surya/all,

I'm new to this site to but not new to veganism & I make unintentional mistakes whilst shopping! It's virtually impossible to be totally vegan (e.g. paper, paint, etc. etc.) have animal bi-products in them. As long as you don't purposely buy/use a product that is non-vegan when there is a vegan alternate, don't worry too much. It's difficult when you first change over.

I get the impression that this is a US site (?!). Here in Britain, we have a pretty little Sunflower logo (authorised by The Vegan Society) for Vegan products - although not all vegan products have the logo, just to confuse! They also produce a handbook of all things vegan as well. Do you have a similar thing over the 'pond'?

Jani

-

Surya Burdick

Wednesday, April 23, 2003 1:42 AM

Re: (unknown)

I get very confused at the grocery store trying to find vegan. SOmetimes it says dairy fre but contains milk rennant so I don't buy it, or it seems vegan by all accounts but it is an obvious vegetarian product that should say vegan if it is, therefore I figure it's not somehow. I'm probably slipping a little dairy into my food at this point by accident. I'm glad to have this new group, I learn alot. Danielle Kichler <veggietart wrote: Surya,someone once said veganism is a journey, not a destination. Don't feel too bad about your slip-ups--unless we prepare all our own food or dine only in restaurants that are vegan, we're bound to err. You're newly vegan, and it's an adjustment period.Of course, I'm a newbie, too. I went from ovo-lacto to vegan in a matter of months, and I know I'm not perfect, but at least I try.Danielle"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin----Original Message Follows----Surya Burdick <californiagnomes To: Subject: (unknown)Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:21:05 -0700 (PDT)Hi, I am very new to these chats so please feel free to correct anything i'm doing wrong. I have re cently gone from vegetarian to vegan, I tried earlier this year and fell of the vegan wagon with some cheese, milk, ect. Oh well. So I am trying and need some support. I am a mom to two wonderful young children, 31 years old, from California, pretty liberal politically and very protective of the environment, I am trying to eat vegan for health and animal rights issues, as well as environmental issues. I do not wear leather so that's a good start. :) I am married and a stay at home mom.The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo._______________STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmailTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Jani

Welcome to vegan chat!

> I get the impression that this is a US site (?!).

We're a pretty international bunch. Originally we started out as predominantly British, but the folk from the US have been gradually taking over! But there's still a few regular posters who are from the UK, and we don't mind the Americans too much :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

Guest guest

Hi Jani and WELCOME!

Actually, I believe this is more of a UK group, but we yanks are

getting a bit more populous here. :)

Never saw the Sunflower logo, but we do have some products labeled

Vegan. Tho they are few and far between.

nikki :)

Be proactive, not reactive

, <janewwt@t...> wrote:

> Hi Surya/all,

> I'm new to this site to but not new to veganism & I

make unintentional mistakes whilst shopping! It's virtually

impossible to be totally vegan (e.g. paper, paint, etc. etc.) have

animal bi-products in them. As long as you don't purposely buy/use a

product that is non-vegan when there is a vegan alternate, don't

worry too much. It's difficult when you first change over.

> I get the impression that this is a US site (?!). Here in Britain,

we have a pretty little Sunflower logo (authorised by The Vegan

Society) for Vegan products - although not all vegan products have

the logo, just to confuse! They also produce a handbook of all

things vegan as well. Do you have a similar thing over the 'pond'?

>

> Jani

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> at least i don't have to listen to stories about Sainsbury's all day anymore tho!!

Now there's an idea... a daily "Sainsbury's slot". Y'know, if I only had the time to waste I'd probably do that :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

Guest guest

Gee, thanks, Peter! ;)

" You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake " --Jeanette Rankin

----Original Message Follows----

" Peter " <Snowbow

Re: for Surya

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:20:53 +0100

Hi Jani

Welcome to vegan chat!

> I get the impression that this is a US site (?!).

We're a pretty international bunch. Originally we started out as

predominantly British, but the folk from the US have been gradually taking

over! But there's still a few regular posters who are from the UK, and we

don't mind the Americans too much :-)

BB

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

Guest guest

"Skippy's been killed by Sainsbury's" :-) Ok, I'll go back to sleep now :-) Dave ---- 25 April 2003 23:12:53 Re: for Surya Hi Fraggle > at least i don't have to listen to stories about Sainsbury's all dayanymore tho!! Now there's an idea... a daily "Sainsbury's slot". Y'know, if I only had thetime to waste I'd probably do that :-) BB Peter --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

Guest guest

Hi,

Sainsburys...is there something I should know about them?

John

-

<EBbrewpunx

Thursday, April 24, 2003 7:46 PM

Re: for Surya

> actually..this is a brit site with lotsa yanks and others...

> at least i don't have to listen to stories about Sainsbury's all day

anymore

> tho!!

> :)

>