IndiaDivine.org

Belated reply en bulk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I once found Whey in my orange juice - for added calcium they said. Unfortuanately I found this after I had bought, and drunk the single-serve bottle. It is a good idea, I suppose, to add this for children and teenagers in particular, but still! Blurk!>Surya Burdick <californiagnomes>Re: (unknown)>I get very confused at the grocery store trying to find vegan. SOmetimes it says dairy fre but >contains milk rennant so I don't buy it, or it seems vegan by all accounts but it is an obvious >vegetarian product that should say vegan if it is, therefore I figure it's not somehow. I'm probably >slipping a little dairy into my food at this point by accident. I'm glad to have this new group, I learn >alot.

I got seriously depressed trying to find soup. Even the slimmers soups have some milk product in them - for creaminess I suppose. Whouldn't it be easier and better (at least for me!) if they put in some potato or bean puree. That would drop the fat content radically, and make the soup more filling, yeah? But then I suppose I just have to make my own...>Message: 5>Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:48:19 -0500>"Jason M. Abels" <jason>Re: (unknown)>For instance, I found a vegetable soup (by progresso, or cambells) that >had beef fat in it not for flavor, but for COLOR. You can't imagine how >much this pissed me off: I understand using it for flavor, or even >consistence. But color? Jesus christ, I have a brown color in my pantry!This is way cool! It is funny though, because I just had a plate of steamed veg for dinner, and I had both the JRTx and the German Shepherd begging for cabbage! No butter (well, soy marg), no garlic, no nothing, just cabbage. It is so unusual for the JRT too. Not so much for the Shep though. I seem to remember the Great Zuccini snatch, the Tofu tote-off, and the Perfect Pea Plan....

My meat-eating b/f will discusted when he gets home. His big tough German Shepherd begging for veggies.... roflmao!!!>Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:23:46 EDT>EBbrewpunxoldest doggie is vegan pup>08/29/02: "A border collie said to be 27 could make it into the Guinness>Book of World Records as the world's oldest living dog. Bramble's owner>Anne Heritage says she's still alert and active and goes for a walk four>times a day near her home in Bridgwater, Somerset. The 43-year-old says>she feeds her a vegan diet of rice, lentils and organic vegetables."

SERIOUSLY??? Are people insane? I just it was invented way back, and the bone was added for strength? Just using the waste around them? I dare them to come and try to collect a bone from my backyard while the dogs are out...

>"Heartwork" <Heartwork>Re: you've got beef in my peanut butter....>Don't forget bone china - most people don't realise it actually contains 50% bone.>Jo

As a vegan, this doesn't worry me. Being severly sensitve to milk products, it does (I can't have hungry jacks onion rings because they are cooking in the same oil as something else which has milk in the batter...

>"nikki_mackovitch" <nikkimack>Re: (unknown)>Jason,>I think that is it tho. If your food is made on a machine that >processes milk products, chances are some traces of that product will >be in your food.>I think that most products that do not contain milk etc. but are made >on those same machines, usually have a statement at the bottom of the >ingredients for people with allergies and such. Pretty much means >that the industry itself believes those foods do have traces of it in >there themselves.>Nikki :)In my supermarket, the cheapest is usually the best. They don't seem to add as much other crap, not even gluten. Guess it cuts costs or something...>Message: 21>Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:30:31 +0100>"John Davis" <mcxg46>Re: (unknown)>Hi,>For my part, what I find hardest is buying bread, especially store-baked>stuff, as it doesn't tend to have an ingrediants list.>Speaking of which, are there any guidelines anyone can offer on what type of>breads are most likely to be vegan?>John

Also I am still on the look out for a list of the numbered additives in stuff, Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks heaps,

'Chelle, et al - replying belatedly and in bulk

__ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Now you have me scared. I just ran downstairs to read the ingredients for my Tropicana Orange Juice plus calcium. I always thought the calcium came from some source called fruit cal. And there's also calicum that's derived from the earth. But what about calcium hydroxide? ---I feel like such a fool. Is the hydroxide derived from an animal, or from the earth? ---Where's that list of animal ingredients I keep hearing about? I need it for situations like these.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Chelle Whitaker"

> >

> Belated reply en bulk >Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:26:10 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time) > > > > > >I once found Whey in my orange juice - for added calcium they said. >Unfortuanately I found this after I had bought, and drunk the single-serve >bottle. It is a good idea, I suppose, to add this for children and teenagers >in particular, but still! Blurk! > > > >Surya Burdick

> >Re: (unknown) > > >I get very confused at the grocery store trying to find vegan. SOmetimes it >says dairy fre but >contains milk rennant so I don't buy it, or it seems >vegan by all accounts but it is an obvious >vegetarian product that should >say vegan if it is, therefore I figure it's not somehow. I'm probably > >slipping a little dairy into my food at this point by accident. I'm glad to >have this new group, I learn >alot. > >I got seriously depressed trying to find soup. Even the slimmers soups have >some milk product in them - for creaminess I suppose. Whouldn't it be easier >and better (at least for me!) if they put in some potato or bean puree. That >would drop the fat content radically, and make the soup more filling, yeah? >But then I suppose I just have to make my own... > > >Message: 5 > >Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:48:19 -0500 > >"Jason M. Abels"

> >Re: (unknown) > > > >For instance, I found a vegetable soup (by progresso, or cambells) that > >had beef fat in it not for flavor, but for COLOR. You can't imagine how > >much this pissed me off: I understand using it for flavor, or even > >consistence. But color? Jesus christ, I have a brown color in my pantry! > > >This is way cool! It is funny though, because I just had a plate of steamed >veg for dinner, and I had both the JRTx and the German Shepherd begging for >cabbage! No butter (well, soy marg), no garlic, no nothing, just cabbage. >It is so unusual for the JRT too. Not so much for the Shep though. I seem to >remember the Great Zuccini snatch, the Tofu tote-off, and the Perfect Pea >Plan.... > >My meat-eating b/f will discusted when he gets home. His big tough German >Shepherd begging for veggies.... roflmao!!! > > >Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:23:46 EDT > >EBbrewpunx > >oldest doggie is vegan pup > > > >08/29/02: "A border collie said to be 27 could make it into the Guinness > >Book of World Records as the world's oldest living dog. Bramble's owner > >Anne Heritage says she's still alert and active and goes for a walk four > >times a day near her home in Bridgwater, Somerset. The 43-year-old says > >she feeds her a vegan diet of rice, lentils and organic vegetables." > > >SERIOUSLY??? Are people insane? I just it was invented way back, and the >bone was added for strength? Just using the waste around them? I dare them >to come and try to collect a bone from my backyard while the dogs are out... > > > >"Heartwork"

> >Re: you've got beef in my peanut butter.... > > >Don't forget bone china - most people don't realise it actually contains >50% bone. > > >Jo > > >As a vegan, this doesn't worry me. Being severly sensitve to milk products, >it does (I can't have hungry jacks onion rings because they are cooking in >the same oil as something else which has milk in the batter... > > >"nikki_mackovitch"

> >Re: (unknown) > > >Jason, > > >I think that is it tho. If your food is made on a machine that > >processes milk products, chances are some traces of that product will > >be in your food. > > >I think that most products that do not contain milk etc. but are made > >on those same machines, usually have a statement at the bottom of the > >ingredients for people with allergies and such. Pretty much means > >that the industry itself believes those foods do have traces of it in > >there themselves. > > >Nikki :) > > > >In my supermarket, the cheapest is usually the best. They don't seem to add >as much other crap, not even gluten. Guess it cuts costs or something... > > >Message: 21 > >Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:30:31 +0100 > >"John Davis"

> >Re: (unknown) > > >Hi, > > >For my part, what I find hardest is buying bread, especially store-baked > >stuff, as it doesn't tend to have an ingrediants list. > > >Speaking of which, are there any guidelines anyone can offer on what type >of > >breads are most likely to be vegan? > > >John > > >Also I am still on the look out for a list of the numbered additives in >stuff, Can anyone point me in the right direction? > >Thanks heaps, > >'Chelle, et al - replying belatedly and in bulk MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

Hi!

I'm Marit from Estonia. I have been lurking along for about a week. I have been a vegetarian for 3 years and a vegan since the beginning of this year. So far I have loved and learned from most of the posts and hope to learn more and also interact more from now on.

to Amylia F - this is the site I found most useful because it has all animal origin e's listed (also potential)http://www.bryngollie.freeserve.co.uk/Enumbers.htm

Thanks!

Marit

Guest guest

Glad to be "well comed"!

Well I guess it is the usual question also here in Estonia - why in the hell would you become one? Are you sure you will be healthy eating just the things you eat? Shouldn't you consult a doctor and get your blood tested, you have to have something missing from your organism. Humans are meateaters and you can't change that! Don't you even want to try that delicious piece of steak?

But most people around me have accepted it as who I am and understand that there is no point nagging about it as they can't change anything. My mom is also vegetarian and cuts back on dairy. My grandparents always make different foods for us when we go to visit, so that is really good.

And although we don't have as much vegan food in stores as in UK or US (which I sometimes hope we had) it is a great thing we have as much. Soy yogurt, drinks, pudding, mayonnaise, tofu, ice-cream, meat-substitudes, milk etc.

So it's not that hard when you have your mind on it. And I believe things are going for the better in terms of awareness as well as products.

Marit

Guest guest

Nice to meet you, Marit. And thanks for the website.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Marit"

> >

>Re: Belated reply en bulk >Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:46:54 +0300 > >Hi! > >I'm Marit from Estonia. I have been lurking along for about a week. I have been a vegetarian for 3 years and a vegan since the beginning of this year. So far I have loved and learned from most of the posts and hope to learn more and also interact more from now on. > >to Amylia F - this is the site I found most useful because it has all animal origin e's listed (also potential)http://www.bryngollie.freeserve.co.uk/Enumbers.htm > >Thanks! >Marit > > The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/30/03 8:31:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tuliratsu writes:

So it's not that hard when you have your mind on it. And I believe things are going for the better in terms of awareness as well as products.

sounds great

keep it up and lotsa luck..

cheers

fraggle