IndiaDivine.org

killing mosquitos......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi all,

when i visit my friend later on this year in the rain forest in trinidad, does anyone have opinion about whether i should possibly be killing mosquitos with the repellant i use??

citronella doesnt work there........i tried last time........

catherine

have a fab bank holiday

>"Catherine Harris"

> > >Re: Re: reasons behind veganism >Sat, 03 May 2003 22:23:18 +0000 > Send music and picture to your friends with MSN Messenger. Download it FREE here.

hi all,

went to buddhist restuarant tonite where they had soya that looked so meat like, i couldnt eat it.........my mind wouldnt switch off from the fact it looked like meat...........i think that i realised why would i want to eat something that looks like meat, when what it signifies to me is eating another thinking feeling mammal.............

came home and had humous..............felt better

catherine

>"Vegecentric"

> >

>Re: Re: reasons behind veganism >Sat, 3 May 2003 16:51:59 -0700 > >To me, veganism is about boycotting unncessary cruelty. If people just ate >roadkill, and eggs from pet chickens (that were well looked after and not >killed after their laying declined), I wouldn't have a problem with it. If >you boycott a minute ingredient like bone charcoal, whey powder, etc. that's >fine from a personal perspective, but as an effective boycott, it just >doesn't rate. The main animal products like meat, eggs, dairy products, and >yes, commercial honey, are the ones to target. If no one ate these, all the >shitty little by-products we have to scan for would not be economically >viable, and therefore exist. > >Tom > >- >"quercusrobur2002"

>

>Friday, May 02, 2003 8:50 AM > Re: reasons behind veganism > > > > > > > If you eat honey, you aren't a vegan, and by calling yourself > > vegan you make > > > life much more difficult for those of us who are vegan. > > > > > > > What about vegans who continue to eat bone charcoal purified sugar, > > frut and nuts from trees grafted with beeswax, vegetables grown on > > land fertilised with animal manure from the meat production industry > > and where insect and rodent controls have been applied? > > > > At least i'm honest! > > > > Besides, in net terms I'm pretty sure I've done more over the years > > to promote veganism rather than make life 'much more difficult' for > > vegans, including raising 4 vegan children (who DON'T eat honey), > > publishing a vegan cookbook (no honey recipes), publishing a book > > for vegan children and being actively involved with both MCL and the > > Vegan Organic Network and maintaining vegan-organic allotments, > > garden and forest garden (and arguing the vegan case in permaculture > > circles). Bearing this in mind 'vegan' is still useful shorthand for > > me as people understand what it means. On the whole I don't go > > into 'the honey question' unless, as here, it comes up in which case > > I think it's reasonable to show that there are some who think > > outside the vegan box on some issues. > > > > Cheers Graham > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

Yes, just go to your local outdoor/camping store. They are sure to have some spray or lotion that repels mosquitoes, gnats, and other insects. It doesn't hurt them, as far as I know, just repels them.---You know, makes them go away. (Your best bet, is to see if you can find a two in one: sunblock/insect repellent spray or lotion.) They make those these days.----Whether you want organic and/or cruelty-free products, is another matter. But I suppose they have sunblock/insect repellent at some health food store...somewhere.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Catherine Harris"

> > >Re: killing mosquitos...... >Sat, 03 May 2003 22:35:39 +0000 > ><< message3.txt >> Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

hi all,

when i visit my friend later on this year in the rain forest in trinidad, does anyone have opinion about whether i should possibly be killing mosquitos with the repellant i use??

catherine

have a fab bank holiday

>"Catherine Harris"

> > >Re: Re: reasons behind veganism >Sat, 03 May 2003 22:23:18 +0000 > Send music and picture to your friends with MSN Messenger. Download it FREE here.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

I don't know much about malaria and hot countries as I don't go to hot countries but my opinion would probably be that the mosquito carries a disease that could kill (if you don't have medicine) so it's probably best to take the chance of your repellant killing them.

Jo

-

Catherine Harris

Saturday, May 03, 2003 11:35 PM

Re: killing mosquitos......

hi all,

catherine

have a fab bank holiday

>"Catherine Harris"

> > >Re: Re: reasons behind veganism >Sat, 03 May 2003 22:23:18 +0000 >

Send music and picture to your friends with MSN Messenger. Download it FREE here.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Someone on the tv recommended tea tree oil as a repellant. Said it worked for her.

Viv

Heartwork [Heartwork]Saturday, May 10, 2003 6:11 PM Subject: Re: killing mosquitos......

I don't know much about malaria and hot countries as I don't go to hot countries but my opinion would probably be that the mosquito carries a disease that could kill (if you don't have medicine) so it's probably best to take the chance of your repellant killing them.

Jo

-

Catherine Harris

Saturday, May 03, 2003 11:35 PM

Re: killing mosquitos......

hi all,