IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 802

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey guys,

From what I remember from my research for my vegetarianism assignment for ethics last years at uni, God said Noah could only eat a few specific animals, and I am pretty sure that they where the crustaceans and mollusks, particularly the latter, which joined themselves to the sides of the ark. Can anyone else remember? I don't actually own a bible to check!

'Chelle, et al, minus two

__ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Chelle,

I just finished re-reading Genesis chapters 6-8. (The story of Noah's ark) While you were right when you said that Noah, [and his family], only ate specific animals, the animals are nowhere to be mentioned in these chapters directly. However, it is mentioned in chapter 7, verse 2, that Noah is to bring in all the animals.---Bring them into the ark, that is. So all the food he ate was inside the ark. It is doubtful that he ate mollusks or crustaceans attached to the outside of the boat, as it rained violently for forty days and forty nights, and the door of the ark was sealed shut by that time, and afterwards. Just wanted to shed a little light on this subject.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Chelle Whitaker"

> >

>Re: Digest Number 802 >Tue, 6 May 2003 00:28:06 +1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time) > >Hey guys, > >From what I remember from my research for my vegetarianism assignment for >ethics last years at uni, God said Noah could only eat a few specific >animals, and I am pretty sure that they where the crustaceans and mollusks, >particularly the latter, which joined themselves to the sides of the ark. >Can anyone else remember? I don't actually own a bible to check! > >'Chelle, et al, minus two The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

I don't know anything about the point in question but we have a friend who runs the Crustacean Protection Society.

Jo

Hey guys,

From what I remember from my research for my vegetarianism assignment for ethics last years at uni, God said Noah could only eat a few specific animals, and I am pretty sure that they where the crustaceans and mollusks, particularly the latter, which joined themselves to the sides of the ark. Can anyone else remember? I don't actually own a bible to check!

'Chelle, et al, minus two

__ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

To send an email to -

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:38:07 -0400

" studio53 " <studio53

BOYCOTT AND PASS ON THE: Living Now Festival Summer 2004 July 29th-

August 1st

BOYCOTT AND PASS ON THE: Living Now Festival Summer 2004 July 29th- August

1st

I'm passing and boycotting this event and I'm encouraging you to do the

same. Why? They don't allow dogs, which is the most absurd thing I've heard

in a while, considering who this group is and what they are trying to

represent.

Did you ever stop to consider that it's a PARK restriction - not Green Sun?

We had dogs at the last 2 years festivals (with NO problems).

So it's not them...

Jan Jenson