IndiaDivine.org

all this god stuff............

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi all,

all this god stuff........prove there is a god.........and that he is male?.......

personally, i feel more pagan than anything.........in touch with the earth, the stars, the ocean, plants, flowers........

naked in pengam woods under the moonlite, flowers in hair, song in throat........

praisning and blessing everything free and sacred ......

love to you all

catherine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>swpgh01 > > , >Re: Would you? Could you? Should you? >Tue, 6 May 2003 14:52:53 GMT+01:00 > > >This is turning into bible class....can we please have more from the fairies! >Pete H >AKA The valley vegan. > > interpretation > >the bible is full of contradictions... > >in genesis it sez "all the plants and nuts will be as your meat"(i'm > >paraphrasing.), and a few other places veggieness is definately touted(its a > >very essene thought).. > >its in places like after the flood that god allows noah to eat animals..... > > > > > >In a message dated 5/5/03 12:07:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > >janewwt writes: > > > > I'm not a Christian so maybe I'm missing the point. But the > > argument that I get from Christians supporting meat eating is that the > > big-man upstairs put animals on the earth for humans use (inc eating). Is > > there a passage in the bible that explicitly states this, or, is it down to > > subjective interpretation? Is it that this passage only refers to seeds > > because 'he' hadn't got around to creating other animals yet? Sorry for > > asking possibly v. naive questions, but I want to be fully prepared for my > > next 'lively debate' with my brother who happens to be a Christian > > meat-eater (interesting how siblings can be so different). > > I'll certainly look at the web-site you suggested, > > > > > >Peter H > >-------------------- >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com > Want your email in a hurry? Get Hotmail direct to your mobile

Guest guest

Peter,

You could check out www.jesusveg.com Many famous Christians have been vegetarians including Leo Tolstoy and Dennis Kucinich. The bible has been used to justify atrocities and ignorance of all kinds such as slavery and witch hunts. I hope that helped in some small way.

Guest guest

Religion is merely an expression of and justification for the prevailing culture. If males dominate, god is male. If society is more matriarchal, god is female. Don't forget also that many pagans, such as the Druids were into bloody sacrifices and the like.

Tom

-

Catherine Harris

Tuesday, May 06, 2003 7:11 AM

Re: all this god stuff............

hi all,

all this god stuff........prove there is a god.........and that he is male?.......

personally, i feel more pagan than anything.........in touch with the earth, the stars, the ocean, plants, flowers........

naked in pengam woods under the moonlite, flowers in hair, song in throat........

love to you all

>swpgh01 > > , >Re: Would you? Could you? Should you? >Tue, 6 May 2003 14:52:53 GMT+01:00 > > >This is turning into bible class....can we please have more from the fairies! >Pete H >AKA The valley vegan. > > interpretation > >the bible is full of contradictions... > >in genesis it sez "all the plants and nuts will be as your meat"(i'm > >paraphrasing.), and a few other places veggieness is definately touted(its a > >very essene thought).. > >its in places like after the flood that god allows noah to eat animals..... > > > > > >In a message dated 5/5/03 12:07:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > >janewwt writes: > > > > I'm not a Christian so maybe I'm missing the point. But the > > argument that I get from Christians supporting meat eating is that the > > big-man upstairs put animals on the earth for humans use (inc eating). Is > > there a passage in the bible that explicitly states this, or, is it down to > > subjective interpretation? Is it that this passage only refers to seeds > > because 'he' hadn't got around to creating other animals yet? Sorry for > > asking possibly v. naive questions, but I want to be fully prepared for my > > next 'lively debate' with my brother who happens to be a Christian > > meat-eater (interesting how siblings can be so different). > > I'll certainly look at the web-site you suggested, > > > > > >Peter H > >-------------------- >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com >

Want your email in a hurry? Get Hotmail direct to your mobile To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Tom

> Religion is merely an expression of and justification for the prevailing culture. If males dominate, god is male. If society is more

> matriarchal, god is female. Don't forget also that many pagans, such as the Druids were into bloody sacrifices and the like.

That was, of course, 2000 years ago when most cultures were into bloody sacrifices. Society has moved on a bit, and I don't know of any Druids nowadays who would indulge in that sort of thing (and I know quite a few Druids!) Also, of course, it's important to remember that not all modern Druids are Pagan - a large number are Christian (in fact, of the 119 Druidic organisations I am aware of, over half have a Christian based faith). This is largely a result of the fact that the 18th century revivalists were all Christians, and it is only in the past 40 years that any Druidic groups have begun to merge aspects of Wicca and other neo-Pagan beliefs with their form of nature based Christianity.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

Guest guest

Hi Catherine

Where is Pengam woods? I love woods - I don't go naked though - don't want to frighten the wildlife.

Jo

love to you all

>swpgh01 > > , >Re: Would you? Could you? Should you? >Tue, 6 May 2003 14:52:53 GMT+01:00 > > >This is turning into bible class....can we please have more from the fairies! >Pete H >AKA The valley vegan. > > interpretation > >the bible is full of contradictions... > >in genesis it sez "all the plants and nuts will be as your meat"(i'm > >paraphrasing.), and a few other places veggieness is definately touted(its a > >very essene thought).. > >its in places like after the flood that god allows noah to eat animals..... > > > > > >In a message dated 5/5/03 12:07:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > >janewwt writes: > > > > I'm not a Christian so maybe I'm missing the point. But the > > argument that I get from Christians supporting meat eating is that the > > big-man upstairs put animals on the earth for humans use (inc eating). Is > > there a passage in the bible that explicitly states this, or, is it down to > > subjective interpretation? Is it that this passage only refers to seeds > > because 'he' hadn't got around to creating other animals yet? Sorry for > > asking possibly v. naive questions, but I want to be fully prepared for my > > next 'lively debate' with my brother who happens to be a Christian > > meat-eater (interesting how siblings can be so different). > > I'll certainly look at the web-site you suggested, > > > > > >Peter H > >-------------------- >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com >

Want your email in a hurry? Get Hotmail direct to your mobile

To send an email to -

Guest guest

The world moves on and Druids are not inclined to sacrifices now.

Jo

Religion is merely an expression of and justification for the prevailing culture. If males dominate, god is male. If society is more matriarchal, god is female. Don't forget also that many pagans, such as the Druids were into bloody sacrifices and the like.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

Guest guest

hi jo,

i agree with you saying you were put off christianity when you came across the issue of menstruation being considered a stigma......... apparently theirs a senior bishop in london who will not have women near him at the altar because of that very reason

pengam woods is in south wales.............up from cardiff

catherine

>"Heartwork"

> >

>Re: all this god stuff............ >Sat, 10 May 2003 18:51:21 +0100 > >Hi Catherine > >Where is Pengam woods? I love woods - I don't go naked though - don't want to frighten the wildlife. > >Jo > all this god stuff........prove there is a god.........and that he is male?....... > personally, i feel more pagan than anything.........in touch with the earth, the stars, the ocean, plants, flowers........ > > naked in pengam woods under the moonlite, flowers in hair, song in throat........ > > > > praisning and blessing everything free and sacred ...... > > > > love to you all > > catherine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > > > > >swpgh01 > > > > , > >Re: Would you? Could you? Should you? > >Tue, 6 May 2003 14:52:53 GMT+01:00 > > > > > >This is turning into bible class....can we please have more from the fairies! > >Pete H > >AKA The valley vegan. > > > interpretation > > >the bible is full of contradictions... > > >in genesis it sez "all the plants and nuts will be as your meat"(i'm > > >paraphrasing.), and a few other places veggieness is definately touted(its a > > >very essene thought).. > > >its in places like after the flood that god allows noah to eat animals..... > > > > > > > > >In a message dated 5/5/03 12:07:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time, > > >janewwt writes: > > > > > > I'm not a Christian so maybe I'm missing the point. But the > > > argument that I get from Christians supporting meat eating is that the > > > big-man upstairs put animals on the earth for humans use (inc eating). Is > > > there a passage in the bible that explicitly states this, or, is it down to > > > subjective interpretation? Is it that this passage only refers to seeds > > > because 'he' hadn't got around to creating other animals yet? Sorry for > > > asking possibly v. naive questions, but I want to be fully prepared for my > > > next 'lively debate' with my brother who happens to be a Christian > > > meat-eater (interesting how siblings can be so different). > > > I'll certainly look at the web-site you suggested, > > > > > > > > > >Peter H > > > >-------------------- > >talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at http://www.talk21.com > > > > > > Want your email in a hurry? Get Hotmail direct to your mobile >