IndiaDivine.org

Religion and tolerance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

all, please RESPECT other's choices in how they view the world, the beliefs they hold, and things they believe in

you can discuss, disagree, and wotever else..but, it probably serves little purpose to belittle or make fun of someone else's beliefs...

before you jump all over someone, just ask, do you know EVERYTHING?

remember, today's science will be tomorrow's folklore and myth..its the way of the world

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

Well said.

-

EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, May 07, 2003 1:41 AM

Religion and tolerance

all, please RESPECT other's choices in how they view the world, the beliefs they hold, and things they believe inyou can discuss, disagree, and wotever else..but, it probably serves little purpose to belittle or make fun of someone else's beliefs...before you jump all over someone, just ask, do you know EVERYTHING? remember, today's science will be tomorrow's folklore and myth..its the way of the worldcheersfraggle To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/7/03 11:11:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time, amylia_21 writes:

>I respect anyone's right to believe whatever they want, but if it promotes cruelty or discrimination, I'll exercise my right to criticise it.

i could really confuse this by talking about some folks i knew who

A. were vegan

B. where white power

C. where hispanic

talk about some confused messed up folks...

Guest guest

But Tom,

remember, you don't know everyone's religion out there. There could very well be vegans who are religious, even if their religion defends meat-eating. You never know.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Vegecentric"

> >

>Re: Religion and tolerance >Wed, 7 May 2003 21:09:37 -0700 > >I respect anyone's right to believe whatever they want, but if it promotes cruelty or discrimination, I'll exercise my right to criticise it. > >Tom > - > simonpjones > > Wednesday, May 07, 2003 1:41 AM > Re: Religion and tolerance > > > Well said. > - > EBbrewpunx > > Wednesday, May 07, 2003 1:41 AM > Religion and tolerance > > > all, please RESPECT other's choices in how they view the world, the beliefs they hold, and things they believe in > you can discuss, disagree, and wotever else..but, it probably serves little purpose to belittle or make fun of someone else's beliefs... > before you jump all over someone, just ask, do you know EVERYTHING? > remember, today's science will be tomorrow's folklore and myth..its the way of the world > cheers > fraggle > > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

I respect anyone's right to believe whatever they want, but if it promotes cruelty or discrimination, I'll exercise my right to criticise it.

Tom

-

simonpjones

Re: Religion and tolerance

Well said.

-

EBbrewpunx

Religion and tolerance

all, please RESPECT other's choices in how they view the world, the beliefs they hold, and things they believe inyou can discuss, disagree, and wotever else..but, it probably serves little purpose to belittle or make fun of someone else's beliefs...before you jump all over someone, just ask, do you know EVERYTHING? remember, today's science will be tomorrow's folklore and myth..its the way of the worldcheersfraggle To send an email to -

Guest guest

At least if they're vegans they're doing a lot more than most people, whatever else they believe in.

Tom

-

Amylia F

Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:11 AM

Re: Religion and tolerance

But Tom,

remember, you don't know everyone's religion out there. There could very well be vegans who are religious, even if their religion defends meat-eating. You never know.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Vegecentric"

> >

>Re: Religion and tolerance >Wed, 7 May 2003 21:09:37 -0700 > >I respect anyone's right to believe whatever they want, but if it promotes cruelty or discrimination, I'll exercise my right to criticise it. > >Tom > - > simonpjones > > Wednesday, May 07, 2003 1:41 AM > Re: Religion and tolerance > > > Well said. > - > EBbrewpunx > > Wednesday, May 07, 2003 1:41 AM > Religion and tolerance > > > all, please RESPECT other's choices in how they view the world, the beliefs they hold, and things they believe in > you can discuss, disagree, and wotever else..but, it probably serves little purpose to belittle or make fun of someone else's beliefs... > before you jump all over someone, just ask, do you know EVERYTHING? > remember, today's science will be tomorrow's folklore and myth..its the way of the world > cheers > fraggle > > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle & All

> all, please RESPECT other's choices in how they view the world, the beliefs they hold, and things they believe in> you can discuss, disagree, and wotever else..but, it probably serves little purpose to belittle or make fun of someone else's

> beliefs...

Well said :-)

Please folks, it is important to remember that we all come from different backgrounds - religious, cultural, etc. The only thing we can guarantee to have in common is that we choose not to eat any animal based products. No-one has all the answers!

We are a very friendly list, but the one rule of "keep polite" will be enforced ruthlessly - so just think before you send anything which is simply insulting someone's religion or culture - or you might find yourself being moderated!

BB

Peter

(moderator / owner)

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03

Guest guest

I would agree with your right, but would ask that as this is a friendly chat list we show respect for all members.

Jo

I respect anyone's right to believe whatever they want, but if it promotes cruelty or discrimination, I'll exercise my right to criticise it.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.474 / Virus Database: 272 - Release 18/04/03