IndiaDivine.org

James Mason

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Okay Jani. Now it's my turn. Who is James Mason?

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>

> >

>Re: Alicia Silverstone >Sun, 11 May 2003 00:25:50 +0100 > >Thanks for the info, believe it or not I do go to the pictures, but I prefer low budget flicks. >Was I the only one that was in disbelief that James Mason was not in the 100 best movie actors poll thingy on CH4 last weekend. Surely he must be number 1!!!! >Keifer Sutherland wasn't in it either, which was disappointing too. > >Jani. > - > Amylia F > > Saturday, May 10, 2003 11:41 PM > Re: Alicia Silverstone > > > Jani, > > She became a well-known actress in the 90's. She was in 3 music videos by the band Aerosmith. She's probably best-known for her role as Cher Horowitz in "Clueless." Come to think of it, she's been in quite a few movies: "Batman and Robin,"---she was Batgirl, "The Crush," she starred with the English actor Cary Elwes, and "Blast from the Past," with Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, and Brendan Fraser, (sp?). > > > > > > > > *This message was brought to you by: Amy > >> > > >> >Re: Respecting children > >Sat, 10 May 2003 19:31:59 +0100 > > > > > > - > > Danielle Kichler > > > > Saturday, May 10, 2003 4:27 PM > > Re: Respecting children > > > > > > Well, Alicia Silverstone seems supportive. My boyfriend and I watched the > > Genesis Awards on Animal Planet, she made an appearance, and said, "If > > you're vegetarian, go vegan. If you stil eat meat, give up one animal a > > day." > > > > Out of interest, who is Alicia? > > Jani > > > > > > > > > > "You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin > > > > > > > > > > > > ----Original Message Follows---- > > swpgh01 > > > > , > > Re: Respecting children > > Sat, 10 May 2003 15:40:01 GMT+01:00 > > > > Okay Peter! Well, what do you think of celebrities who claim to be vegan > > and/or support animal rights? Such as: Alicia Silverstone, Susan Sarandon, > > Morrissey, Moby, and even Britney Spears. > > > > > > > > Well as far as I am aware Britney Spears is definately not a vegan, as for > > the others I only know that Moby is very vocal on the subject and supports > > the cause. > > Any celebrity that follows a vegan lifestyle and promotes the cause is ok by > > me. We need so called celebrities to raise the profile of veganism away from > > the " tree hugging - lettuce eaters" stereotype still held by some. > > Brian Adams is also allegedly vegan although I am sure he wears leather on > > occasion, if so do not pass go and do not collect £200. > > The Valleys Vegan... > > > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > -------------------- > > talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at > > http://www.talk21.com > > > > _______________ > > Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. > > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

Oh my goodness, goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, James Mason was actually born in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (England, where my hubby comes from actually) in the 1920's. He was a big black & white movie star, famous for his brutish roles (Fanny by Gaslight, The Grey Man, The Wicked Lady etc. etc.). Most probably, more famous for his role as Hubert Hubert in Lolita (the 1960s version) & 'A Star is Born'. Anyway, he was dashing, with a wonderful accent (obviously lost his 'uddersfeild dialect-no offence!), & as said acted a mean cad & bounder but also some very sensitive parts also. I believe that his last role, shortly before he died, was in a US version of 'Evil Under the Sun' a (rather dubious version) of an Agatha Christie novel (YOU MUST know who Aggie was!!) that must have been in the 80s.

His b & w films are great to curl up in front off, with tea and biccies, on a wet Sunday afternoon - ah!

By the way, I'm sure none of those mentioned above were vegan, but I'm just confirming Catherine's point.

Jani.

-

Amylia F

Sunday, May 11, 2003 12:39 AM

Re: James Mason

Okay Jani. Now it's my turn. Who is James Mason?

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>

> >

>Re: Alicia Silverstone >Sun, 11 May 2003 00:25:50 +0100 > >Thanks for the info, believe it or not I do go to the pictures, but I prefer low budget flicks. >Was I the only one that was in disbelief that James Mason was not in the 100 best movie actors poll thingy on CH4 last weekend. Surely he must be number 1!!!! >Keifer Sutherland wasn't in it either, which was disappointing too. > >Jani. > - > Amylia F > > Saturday, May 10, 2003 11:41 PM > Re: Alicia Silverstone > > > Jani, > > She became a well-known actress in the 90's. She was in 3 music videos by the band Aerosmith. She's probably best-known for her role as Cher Horowitz in "Clueless." Come to think of it, she's been in quite a few movies: "Batman and Robin,"---she was Batgirl, "The Crush," she starred with the English actor Cary Elwes, and "Blast from the Past," with Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, and Brendan Fraser, (sp?). > > > > > > > > *This message was brought to you by: Amy > >> > > >> >Re: Respecting children > >Sat, 10 May 2003 19:31:59 +0100 > > > > > > - > > Danielle Kichler > > > > Saturday, May 10, 2003 4:27 PM > > Re: Respecting children > > > > > > Well, Alicia Silverstone seems supportive. My boyfriend and I watched the > > Genesis Awards on Animal Planet, she made an appearance, and said, "If > > you're vegetarian, go vegan. If you stil eat meat, give up one animal a > > day." > > > > Out of interest, who is Alicia? > > Jani > > > > > > > > > > "You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin > > > > > > > > > > > > ----Original Message Follows---- > > swpgh01 > > > > , > > Re: Respecting children > > Sat, 10 May 2003 15:40:01 GMT+01:00 > > > > Okay Peter! Well, what do you think of celebrities who claim to be vegan > > and/or support animal rights? Such as: Alicia Silverstone, Susan Sarandon, > > Morrissey, Moby, and even Britney Spears. > > > > > > > > Well as far as I am aware Britney Spears is definately not a vegan, as for > > the others I only know that Moby is very vocal on the subject and supports > > the cause. > > Any celebrity that follows a vegan lifestyle and promotes the cause is ok by > > me. We need so called celebrities to raise the profile of veganism away from > > the " tree hugging - lettuce eaters" stereotype still held by some. > > Brian Adams is also allegedly vegan although I am sure he wears leather on > > occasion, if so do not pass go and do not collect £200. > > The Valleys Vegan... > > > > > > > > > > Peter H > > > > -------------------- > > talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at > > http://www.talk21.com > > > > _______________ > > Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. > > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > >