IndiaDivine.org

Pagans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I've visited some pagan websites. Some have incantations/spells for anything imaginable. Then there's that whole business of "black magick" versus "white magick." It would seem, like organized religion, there's pagans that follow a strict code, such as that one famous saying, "And if it harm none, do what you will," or something like that, (as far as spells go), then you have full-on pagans that focus on using their "power" to curse people. Looks like no matter what people believe, there's good examples, and poor examples. The key is trying not to focus on the bad examples. Enough people do that already. And it's inane.

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"Danielle Kichler"

> > >Re: That's it. >Tue, 13 May 2003 07:49:30 -0400 > >The problem, Simon, is very few xtians actually follow Jesus' teachings. I >mean, look at George W. Bush, who loves to play the Jesus card; I don't >think he has a compassionate bone in his body, unless it's in the form of >tax cuts for the rich. And from what little I know of ol' JC, I don't think >he'd be too happy about that. > >Paganism, from what I gather, is to coexist with nature and all creatures in >a peaceful manner. I gather it is a collection of various beliefs--Wicca is >under this umbrella--that respects the earth above all. If I'm wrong about >this, someone please correct me. > >Danielle > > > >"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin > > > > > >----Original Message Follows---- >"simonpjones"

> >

>Re: That's it. >Tue, 13 May 2003 11:43:06 +0100 > >What is the ulitimate aim of Paganism.? > >From what I've read in the bible of Jesus's quotes,His aim was to show us >how to live in peace with one another..Love for one another being central >for that achivement. >I would be foolish to ignore that insight or at least acknowledge where itn >came from. > >S > > - > Heartwork > > Monday, May 12, 2003 11:52 PM > Re: That's it. > > > The Church of England uses crosses too. I suppose all religions use >various symbols to focus the mind. In Pagan ritual it is not necessary to >use representations, but sometimes they are used. > > Jo > > > Sunday was the the day the sun- worshippers worshipped the sun, > > Constantine or Rome changed the Christian Sabbath day to Sunday to >appeal to the sun/ idol worshipping pagans. Thats one of the reasons why >the catholic church uses statues and crosses etc in it's gatherings. > > Simon > > - > EBbrewpunx > > Monday, May 12, 2003 9:02 PM > Re: That's it. > > > In a message dated 5/12/03 12:55:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >amylia_21 writes: > > > > Actually, I believe the first "Christian church" took place in >the homes of Jesus' followers, after His death. ----There weren't any big >buildings that people go to on Sunday back then. > > > > > they actually went to temple on saturday i believe > :) > > To send an email to >- > >

Guest guest

Very well put Amy!

nikki :)

One must care about a world one will not see.

Bertrand Russell

, " Amylia F " <amylia_21@h...> wrote:

> I've visited some pagan websites. Some have incantations/spells

for anything imaginable. Then there's that whole business of " black

magick " versus " white magick. " It would seem, like organized

religion, there's pagans that follow a strict code, such as that one

famous saying, " And if it harm none, do what you will, " or something

like that, (as far as spells go), then you have full-on pagans that

focus on using their " power " to curse people. Looks like no matter

what people believe, there's good examples, and poor examples. The

key is trying not to focus on the bad examples. Enough people do

that already. And it's inane.

Guest guest

Hi Amylia

> I've visited some pagan websites. Some have incantations/spells for anything imaginable. Then there's that whole business

> of "black magick" versus "white magick."

Actually, magick is just magick - not black or white - it's what you use it for that is "good" or "bad". You wouldn't say that someone was using "black electricity" if they were using it for an electric chair!

> It would seem, like organized religion, there's pagans that follow a strict code, such as that one famous saying, "And if it

> harm none, do what you will," or something like that, (as far as spells go)

"An it harm none, do what thou will" is the final line of the Wiccan Rede. It is a specifically Wiccan thing, and although some other Pagans follow it (me being one), it is not Pagan per se. And although Wiccans tend to be very vociferous, they are only a small minority of Pagans.

> then you have full-on pagans that focus on using their "power" to curse people.

Not quite sure why you call these people "full-on Pagans" as though cursing is something that is intrinsic to Paganism. In fact, I don't know anyone who calls themselves Pagan who would ever use a magickal curse except in extreme circumstances (I'm sure there are one or two around, but I've never met any!). I've found the majority of people who claim to practice this sort of thing are actually Satanists (as in LeVay's Church or Satan - not necessarily the Christian sense) - but they have virtually nothing in common with Paganism - that's simply propaganda put about by fundamentalists to blacken the name of Paganism.

> Looks like no matter what people believe, there's good examples, and poor examples. The key is trying not to focus on

> the bad examples. Enough people do that already. And it's inane.

I agree, but if we're looking for bad examples, I'd prefer to stick to *genuine* bad examples than ones made up by the media and fundamentalists Christian organisations. If you want a bad example of Paganism, you can do no better than to look at Kevin Carlyon... the real life Gilderoy Lockhart!!

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

LOL - not so charming though!

Jo

> If you want a bad example of Paganism, you can do no better than to look at Kevin Carlyon... the real life Gilderoy Lockhart!!

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

Nikki,

Thank you for your reply. : )

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

>"nikki_mackovitch"

> > > Re: Pagans >Wed, 14 May 2003 10:55:10 -0000 > >Very well put Amy! > >nikki :) >One must care about a world one will not see. >Bertrand Russell > > > , "Amylia F" wrote: > > I've visited some pagan websites. Some have incantations/spells >for anything imaginable. Then there's that whole business of "black >magick" versus "white magick." It would seem, like organized >religion, there's pagans that follow a strict code, such as that one >famous saying, "And if it harm none, do what you will," or something >like that, (as far as spells go), then you have full-on pagans that >focus on using their "power" to curse people. Looks like no matter >what people believe, there's good examples, and poor examples. The >key is trying not to focus on the bad examples. Enough people do >that already. And it's inane. > STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*