IndiaDivine.org

Regarding mice and ants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

with ants..you can discourage them ..

try planting tansy or mint around the foundation of yer house...

wipe down surfaces with pepermint oil..

etc and so forth

as fer mice...if you catch em with humane traps, make sure when you release them, you take them far from yer home and put them in a place with cover and food, er they'll just rush back to yer abode

place foodstuffs in plastic or glass jars...clean up food spills and the like quickly...

cheers

fraggle

Guest guest

So we are vegan because we have respect for animals most likely. What about killing mice, spiders, ants, and other things that invade your house? What about killing poisonous things around the house so they don't bite a pet or child?

We had mice in our last house, it was such a pain in the neck, the humane traps were such a hassle and not that effective, when we did catch one we had to go drop him somewhere in the night or whenever it was caught. They peed over everything and left droppings. It really scuked but I refused to kill them. I let spiders live for the most part, but if I see a poisonous spider liek a black widow I would probably kill it instead of trying to put it outside, because many times when I try to put spiders outside I fail and they run in a corner, I wouldn't want to risk that with my kids around. With ants I usually try to let them live, but if they come in full force and invade everything for weeks and refuse to go I have been know to kill them.

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Guest guest

Siobhan

We are lucky here - no poisonous spiders or anything else apart from adders, which we don't happen across very often.

We live in the countryside and a couple of times over the years we have had a mouse visit us. The best way I find to keep them out is to fill in all the holes that they can come in through. Polyfilla is very handy for this. One mouse we discovered was coming in through the hole where the pipe came in under the bath, and we stopped it by filling the holes (when it was outside in the garden of course). The other time we eventually discovered it was coming in via the cavity wall and in behind the immersion heater in the airing cupboard - again where a pipe came in. We filled the hole and have had no trouble since. Luckily Colin is very patient about doing these things.

Spiders we always pick up in a plastic cup and put in the garden. As I said we don't have poisonous ones, but I think I would kill them if we did. Ants can be kept at bay by using peppermint oil at the entrance sites, or by filling the tiny holes they come in by. I must admit that last year I used some white blutack for that last year - it worked a treat.

Jo

-

Surya Burdick

Tuesday, May 13, 2003 9:51 PM

Regarding mice and ants

So we are vegan because we have respect for animals most likely. What about killing mice, spiders, ants, and other things that invade your house? What about killing poisonous things around the house so they don't bite a pet or child?

We had mice in our last house, it was such a pain in the neck, the humane traps were such a hassle and not that effective, when we did catch one we had to go drop him somewhere in the night or whenever it was caught. They peed over everything and left droppings. It really scuked but I refused to kill them. I let spiders live for the most part, but if I see a poisonous spider liek a black widow I would probably kill it instead of trying to put it outside, because many times when I try to put spiders outside I fail and they run in a corner, I wouldn't want to risk that with my kids around. With ants I usually try to let them live, but if they come in full force and invade everything for weeks and refuse to go I have been know to kill them.

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

To send an email to -