IndiaDivine.org

This war, etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Peter,

The first one would be not to put the dictators in power in the first place. It's a strange misconception amongst many Americans that Saddam Hussein was some sort of threat to the world - the last time he attacked anyone was in 1991, and that was only after getting approval from the US Ambassador. When he gassed the Kurds in the early 1980s the US & UK continued to supply him the weapons to do so for at least 5 years. When he invaded Iran it was at the behest of the US - other than that he's been fairly quiet as dictators go.

Okay then, but amuse me, why did the US supply Hussein with weapons, which I might add, we are now trying to disarm from him, right?----Please don't tell me it was just for money. (Obviously, you know more than I do. I care about current events, it's just that I literally get depressed and upset when I watch the news sometimes. I just have to turn it off.)

P.S. I was watching this interview with reporter Tom or Tim Brokaw, and Prince (something), bin Sultan, U.S. ambassador from Saudi Arabia. (Danielle's favorite country, just kidding, Danielle.) The prince said straight out that America has to "fight dirty" to get these people, the Taliban. He said that's what's done in the Middle East, and "it's not good or bad, it's just reality." --See what I mean by depressing and upseting?

P.S.S. And if you consider Bush and Blair bad, what do you think of the Taliban, or those other extreme sects of Muslims that willingly go on suicide missions?

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online

Guest guest

it is a long standing practice fer us toarm the world..we are one of the largest purveyors of weapons in the world...

the us is constantly in a dance, playing one force against another..and yes, it has a lot to do with money..and control...

at one time, the cold war was our focus..us vs the ruskies..ooo..bad bad russians..must contain them because ...welll...just because...

so, everyone be afraid...tremble...

fear is a great motifator and keeps folks distracted

then...the soviet union collapsed...now wot do you do when yer main adversary goes bye bye? make new ones!! remake the world in yer image and do things you want!!

at one point, saddam was a counter point to

a. the communist party, which was quite popular in iraq in the 60';s and 70's

b. iran....

as long as they kept the oil flowing to us, at prices we wanted to pay, yada yada yada, we were happy...

as for extreme sects using suicide attacks and the like...sad...but, how is it any better er different from someone flying a B1 bomber several miles up and dropping bombs?? yer killing no matter which way you slice it...does the victim care whether they were blown up by someone with a bomb strapped to their body, er by a pilot dropping stuff from above???

fraggle

In a message dated 5/14/03 9:42:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, amylia_21 writes:

Okay then, but amuse me, why did the US supply Hussein with weapons, which I might add, we are now trying to disarm from him, right?----Please don't tell me it was just for money. (Obviously, you know more than I do. I care about current events, it's just that I literally get depressed and upset when I watch the news sometimes. I just have to turn it off.)

P.S. I was watching this interview with reporter Tom or Tim Brokaw, and Prince (something), bin Sultan, U.S. ambassador from Saudi Arabia. (Danielle's favorite country, just kidding, Danielle.) The prince said straight out that America has to "fight dirty" to get these people, the Taliban. He said that's what's done in the Middle East, and "it's not good or bad, it's just reality." --See what I mean by depressing and upseting?

P.S.S. And if you consider Bush and Blair bad, what do you think of the Taliban, or those other extreme sects of Muslims that willingly go on suicide missions?

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/14/03 9:42:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, amylia_21 writes:

the taliban and the saudis were actually pretty close...same sect of islam, thousands of saudi's went to afghanistan to fight the soviet "infidels" back in the 80's..bin laden comes from a very wealthy family in saudi arabia..heck his family is part of the carlyle group, same as daddy bush....

Guest guest

If I remember correctly, the US armed Saddam Hussein when Iraq and Iran were

engaged in a decade-long bloody war. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe because of

the hostage thing.

It's Tom Brokaw.

yeah, we fight dirty. It seems the only difference between a Christian

fundamentalist and a Muslim fundamentalist is that the Muslim is willing to

die for his beliefs; the Christian only wants to hurt others so long as he

doesn't die doing it.

Danielle

" You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake " --Jeanette Rankin

----Original Message Follows----

" Amylia F " <amylia_21

This war, etc.

Wed, 14 May 2003 21:40:39 -0700

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Hi Peter,

The first one would be not to put the dictators in power in the first place. It's a strange misconception amongst many Americans that Saddam Hussein was some sort of threat to the world - the last time he attacked anyone was in 1991, and that was only after getting approval from the US Ambassador. When he gassed the Kurds in the early 1980s the US & UK continued to supply him the weapons to do so for at least 5 years. When he invaded Iran it was at the behest of the US - other than that he's been fairly quiet as dictators go.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Amylia

Sorry for butting in. I know Peter and Fraggle can answer this much better than me, but I would just like to comment on the suicide bombings.

How despairing must a suicide bomber feel, to give up his/her life trying to change something?

Jo

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Amylia

> Okay then, but amuse me, why did the US supply Hussein with weapons, which I might add, we are now trying to disarm

> from him, right?----Please don't tell me it was just for money.

It was so they had a "puppet" in the middle east and to destabilise the whole area. One large deal was made that basically got Iraq to invade Iran in return for weapons.

> (Obviously, you know more than I do. I care about current events, it's just that I literally get depressed and upset when I

> watch the news sometimes. I just have to turn it off.)

The best way to watch the news is not to find out what is happening now, but to find out what the plan is for the future - then you can do something about it before it happens!

> P.S.S. And if you consider Bush and Blair bad, what do you think of the Taliban, or those other extreme sects of Muslims

> that willingly go on suicide missions?

They're all as bad as one another. Most of them are working together anyway to create wars to keep things the way the people in power want them.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

Danielle,

the Christian only wants to hurt others so long as he doesn't die doing it.

But what about all those soldiers who died in battle? I'm sure some of them were Christian.

>"Danielle Kichler"

> > >Re: This war, etc. >Thu, 15 May 2003 07:51:32 -0400 > >If I remember correctly, the US armed Saddam Hussein when Iraq and Iran were >engaged in a decade-long bloody war. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe because of >the hostage thing. > >It's Tom Brokaw. > >yeah, we fight dirty. It seems the only difference between a Christian >fundamentalist and a Muslim fundamentalist is that the Muslim is willing to >die for his beliefs; the Christian only wants to hurt others so long as he >doesn't die doing it. > >Danielle > > > >"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin > > > > > >----Original Message Follows---- >"Amylia F"

> > > This war, etc. >Wed, 14 May 2003 21:40:39 -0700 > >_______________ >STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* >http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail ><< message5.txt >> STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

-

Amylia F

Friday, May 16, 2003 2:22 AM

Re: This war, etc

Any one who goes to war can't be a Christian as that would lead to murder.

Simon

Danielle,

the Christian only wants to hurt others so long as he doesn't die doing it.

But what about all those soldiers who died in battle? I'm sure some of them were Christian.

>"Danielle Kichler"

> > >Re: This war, etc. >Thu, 15 May 2003 07:51:32 -0400 > >If I remember correctly, the US armed Saddam Hussein when Iraq and Iran were >engaged in a decade-long bloody war. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe because of >the hostage thing. > >It's Tom Brokaw. > >yeah, we fight dirty. It seems the only difference between a Christian >fundamentalist and a Muslim fundamentalist is that the Muslim is willing to >die for his beliefs; the Christian only wants to hurt others so long as he >doesn't die doing it. > >Danielle > > > >"You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake"--Jeanette Rankin > > > > > >----Original Message Follows---- >"Amylia F"

> > > This war, etc. >Wed, 14 May 2003 21:40:39 -0700 > >_______________ >STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* >http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail ><< message5.txt >>

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* To send an email to -