IndiaDivine.org

Pagans, cont.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Peter,

> then you have full-on pagans that focus on using their "power" to curse people.

Not quite sure why you call these people "full-on Pagans" as though cursing is something that is intrinsic to Paganism.

Oops! Sorry about that. I worded it wrong. Meant to say "pagans that full-on" use their power to curse people. Like I said, I've seen web pages that mention the "black magick" thing. I guess the media has been biased in mainly giving exposure to Satanic cults. I suppose I am only familiar with witches and warlocks. But then, many of them wear symbols, including pentagrams, which I'm afraid do have a connection with some Satanic cults.

But about other pagans: I've never understood why some worship a different god/dess for everything. --The other day I say the word "Pomona" in the dictionary. (Pomona is the name of a city in So. Cal.) Well, according to my dictionary, Pomona is the Italian goddess of fruit trees. Whether it's laziness or something else, my thought was wouldn't it be nicer/easier to offer prays/offerings up to one god, instead of 5, 10, 20, or 100 god/desses? And aren't they literally, "made-up" god/desses? (Greek mythology, for example.) -----What are your thoughts on this?

And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who worshipped Baal, Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans? And if so, wouldn't they sacrifice children? People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. (One person here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard to swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay? Even if I'm wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was worshipped, and that people would sacrifice their first-born children to him. (We're talking about little helpless babes.) As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm horrified. How could pagans sacrificing children be justified?

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/14/03 10:36:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, amylia_21 writes:

But about other pagans: I've never understood why some worship a different god/dess for everything. --The other day I say the word "Pomona" in the dictionary. (Pomona is the name of a city in So. Cal.) Well, according to my dictionary, Pomona is the Italian goddess of fruit trees. Whether it's laziness or something else, my thought was wouldn't it be nicer/easier to offer prays/offerings up to one god, instead of 5, 10, 20, or 100 god/desses? And aren't they literally, "made-up" god/desses? (Greek mythology, for example.) -----What are your thoughts on this?

didn't know religion was suppose to be convenient..hahahahahah..

of course, that was the whole point behind constantine (well part of it) and his push for christianity...convience, politically...

now..saying greek deities are made up...well..i'm not trying to anger the x-tians here..but take a step back and look at it this way...to others, the x-tian God is just as made up..the Bible, torah, et al are just as mythological as the tales ofZeus

yer making the assumption that x-tians are right, that there is a God named jehovah and he made everything...while everything else is myth....

older religions generally had a patheon of deities to explain all the differences in the world..when yer a tribe and describe something new, there must be a god to describe it...for different things you wanted, you had different gods..motherhood was one deitiy, war another...it made sense...just like some folks were leaders, some were blacksmiths..the gods must be a relection of this....

as time went on, there were several stabs at monotheism(akenaton in egypt, zoraster in persia, etc)..judaism, if you can look at it from the same vein, is just a tribal religion of one tribes god who spread over a good area and keep its adherents...christianity grew out of this..and islam was just the arab take on christianity and judaism, mohammed was just there prophet, he was one more spreader of what christians call "the good word"...

fraggle

Guest guest

many cultures scarificed..all over the world...does it make it right?

*shrug*

it was part of their culture..amy went willingly in different societies..it was an honor..

we look back on it and go "my god! how horrid"..but..not to long ago, slavery was no big deal here in the US..think about..you owned another human being, that person was PROPERTY...

times change...our mores and morals adapt....

not to long ago(and still happens today in places), x-tians burned witches at the stake...how is that better then tossing babies in a sacraficial fire?

the whole concept of infanticide is pretty well blown out of proportion anyways..it rarely happened historically, most folks would sacrifice animals(not necassarily better, just different)...and when you wanted to demonize yer enemies, why, they killed babies!!! the victor writes history.....

fraggle

In a message dated 5/14/03 10:36:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, amylia_21 writes:

And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who worshipped Baal, Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans? And if so, wouldn't they sacrifice children? People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. (One person here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard to swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay? Even if I'm wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was worshipped, and that people would sacrifice their first-born children to him. (We're talking about little helpless babes.) As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm horrified. How could pagans sacrificing children be justified?

Guest guest

Amylia

> Oops! Sorry about that. I worded it wrong. Meant to say "pagans that full-on" use their power to curse people.

Which Pagans are you talking about? Since you are denigrating a whole religion, I expect you to name names.

> Like I said, I've seen web pages that mention the "black magick" thing.

I've seen a few Christian fundamentalist websites as well.

> I guess the media has been biased in mainly giving exposure to Satanic cults.

Who worship a Christian god.

> I suppose I am only familiar with witches and

> warlocks.

Perhaps you should be aware that I am a witch.

> But then, many of them wear symbols, including pentagrams, which I'm afraid do have a connection with some

> Satanic cults.

The pentagram is also a Christian symbol, and the cross a symbol used by Satanists. Of course, Satanists are Christians rather than Pagans since they use the Christian mythos and worship a god of Christianity.

> But about other pagans: I've never understood why some worship a different god/dess for everything. --The other day I say

> the word "Pomona" in the dictionary. (Pomona is the name of a city in So. Cal.) Well, according to my dictionary, Pomona

> is the Italian goddess of fruit trees. Whether it's laziness or something else, my thought was wouldn't it be nicer/easier to

> offer prays/offerings up to one god, instead of 5, 10, 20, or 100 god/desses?

Maybe it would be easier - but if you believe in many gods, what would be the benefit of ignoring most of them. You mention you're a teacher - wouldn't it be easier to teach just one child than a whole classroom.

> And aren't they literally, "made-up" god/desses? (Greek mythology, for example.) -----What are your thoughts on this?

If you want an honest opinion (all other monotheists please close your eyes - this is not intended to insult you, simply offer my own opinion) - there is only one "made up" god - that is Yahweh. In my view, the worship of Yahweh is actually the derivation of a misunderstanding of the nature and abilities of ancient technology.

> And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who worshipped Baal, Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans?

Baal is a Phoenician word meaning "local god" (like Tutatis in Gaul) - as such, Yahweh is also Baal. Ra is the ancient Egyptian sun god, represented by the Aten disk which inspired the first known monotheistic religion (Atenism), which had a huge influence on the development of Judaism, and can therefore be seen as the original inspiration for Christianity - so, ultimately, Christians worship both Baal and Ra.

> And if so, wouldn't they sacrifice children?

Why would they? You seem to accept everything said by the most horrific Christian fundamentalists, and seem to have no interest in finding out the truth from people who actually follow the religion.

> People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. (One person here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of

> giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard to swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay?

Not in any way trying to justify it, but this was common practice in the ancient world - remember Abraham - the founder of Judaism / Christianity???? He didn't seem to worry too much about sacrificing his child, and he is the inspiration for the whole of modern Christian worship. Do Christians sacrifice children?

> Even if I'm wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was worshipped, and that people would sacrifice their first-

> born children to him.

Molech still is worshipped - there's videos of George Bush (both sr & jr), Bill Clinton & Richard Nixon all worshipping him at their Bohemian Grove "summer retreat". Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought these people all professed to be Christian.

> As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm horrified.

If you're a teacher, I'm shocked that you should be allowed near children with the attitudes you have displayed here. I should point out that incitement to religious hatred becomes illegal in the UK in December, and if you attempt to spread suggestions that Pagans are baby killers, you could find yourself facing a long jail sentence.

I am absolutely disgusted that you attempt to denigrate my religious beliefs and my friends in this way. You state that you know about certain things (such as witches and warlocks) when you clearly haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about (incidentally, warlocks are fictional creatures anyway).

I would also just like to point out one other fact (since you are keen on the idea of child sacrifice being discussed) - in the UK in the past 20 years only 6 Pagans have been charged with child abuse. That compares to over 20,000 charges of child abuse by Christian ***clergy*** (forget the every day Christians). Now, I wouldn't dream of suggesting that Christians are child abusers, but I think it's clear which religion has the biggest problem in that area if we wish to point fingers. I could also point you in the direction of material describing incidents of ritual sacrifice by prominent Christians in both the US and the UK if you are interested - but I at least have the intelligence to realise that these people are not representative of Christianity.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

>I suppose I am only familiar with witches and warlocks. But then, many of them wear symbols, including pentagrams, which I'm afraid do have a connection with some Satanic cults.

Witches and warlocks are just normal people. I am a very normal person. I wear pentagrams - they are a protection symbol. Just because some people use a symbol for evil doesn't make the symbol evil.

> But about other pagans: I've never understood why some worship a different god/dess for everything. --The other day I say the word "Pomona" in the dictionary. (Pomona is the name of a city in So. Cal.) Well, according to my dictionary, Pomona is the Italian goddess of fruit trees. Whether it's laziness or something else, my thought was wouldn't it be nicer/easier to offer prays/offerings up to one god, instead of 5, 10, 20, or 100 god/desses? And aren't they literally, "made-up" god/desses? (Greek mythology, for example.) -----What are your thoughts on this?

Hindus and oriental religions and Paganism all over the world have lots of gods/esses. I cannot see why that is strange. Maybe Pagans find it strange that some religions have only one god. Also maybe laziness is not thought to be a good idea in Pagan worship! We don't go for the easy option and comfort. They are no more made up gods/esses than other religions monotheistic gods - and that attitude seems just a little blinkered to me. You cannot prove the existence of the Christian god.

> And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who worshipped Baal, Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans? And if so, wouldn't they sacrifice children? People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. (One person here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard to swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay? Even if I'm wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was worshipped, and that people would sacrifice their first-born children to him. (We're talking about little helpless babes.) As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm horrified. How could pagans sacrificing children be justified?

I am disappointed with your attitude. I had thought better of you, but apparently I was wrong. Your bigotted attitude is unbecoming of a teacher and rather frightening.

If you really are interested in Paganism why don't you go to the Pagan Federation site. You can order teaching packs for schools - just to help you understand the religion. It might also be worthwhile for you to do some research on archetypes to help you better understand gods.

Has this whole conversation been aimed at this insult?

Jo

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

>not to long ago(and still happens today in places), x-tians burned witches at the stake...how is that better then tossing babies in a >sacraficial fire?

On our teletext today it says that a witch was killed by two men while he was camping on common land. So yes, it still goes on.

Jo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

I guess we have two very different perspectives, Fraggle.

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Pagans, cont. >Thu, 15 May 2003 11:15:58 EDT > >many cultures scarificed..all over the world...does it make it right? >*shrug* >it was part of their culture..amy went willingly in different societies..it >was an honor.. >we look back on it and go "my god! how horrid"..but..not to long ago, slavery >was no big deal here in the US..think about..you owned another human being, >that person was PROPERTY... >times change...our mores and morals adapt.... >not to long ago(and still happens today in places), x-tians burned witches at >the stake...how is that better then tossing babies in a sacraficial fire? >the whole concept of infanticide is pretty well blown out of proportion >anyways..it rarely happened historically, most folks would sacrifice >animals(not necassarily better, just different)...and when you wanted to >demonize yer enemies, why, they killed babies!!! the victor writes >history..... >fraggle > > >In a message dated 5/14/03 10:36:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >amylia_21 writes: > > And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who worshipped Baal, > > Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans? And if so, wouldn't they > > sacrifice children? People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. > > (One person here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of > > giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard to > > swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay? Even if I'm > > wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was worshipped, and that > > people would sacrifice their first-born children to him. (We're talking > > about little helpless babes.) As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm > > horrified. How could pagans sacrificing children be justified? > > Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

I am so impressed Sir Peter!

BRAVO!

nikki :)

, " Peter " <Snowbow@b...> wrote:

> Amylia

>

> > Oops! Sorry about that. I worded it wrong. Meant to

say " pagans that full-on " use their power to curse people.

>

> Which Pagans are you talking about? Since you are denigrating a

whole religion, I expect you to name names.

>

> > Like I said, I've seen web pages that mention the " black magick "

thing.

>

> I've seen a few Christian fundamentalist websites as well.

>

>

> > I guess the media has been biased in mainly giving exposure to

Satanic cults.

>

> Who worship a Christian god.

>

> > I suppose I am only familiar with witches and

> > warlocks.

>

> Perhaps you should be aware that I am a witch.

>

> > But then, many of them wear symbols, including pentagrams, which

I'm afraid do have a connection with some

> > Satanic cults.

>

> The pentagram is also a Christian symbol, and the cross a symbol

used by Satanists. Of course, Satanists are Christians rather than

Pagans since they use the Christian mythos and worship a god of

Christianity.

>

> > But about other pagans: I've never understood why some worship a

different god/dess for everything. --The other day I say

> > the word " Pomona " in the dictionary. (Pomona is the name of a

city in So. Cal.) Well, according to my dictionary, Pomona

> > is the Italian goddess of fruit trees. Whether it's laziness or

something else, my thought was wouldn't it be nicer/easier to

> > offer prays/offerings up to one god, instead of 5, 10, 20, or 100

god/desses?

>

> Maybe it would be easier - but if you believe in many gods, what

would be the benefit of ignoring most of them. You mention you're a

teacher - wouldn't it be easier to teach just one child than a whole

classroom.

>

> > And aren't they literally, " made-up " god/desses? (Greek

mythology, for example.) -----What are your thoughts on this?

>

> If you want an honest opinion (all other monotheists please close

your eyes - this is not intended to insult you, simply offer my own

opinion) - there is only one " made up " god - that is Yahweh. In my

view, the worship of Yahweh is actually the derivation of a

misunderstanding of the nature and abilities of ancient technology.

>

> > And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who

worshipped Baal, Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans?

>

> Baal is a Phoenician word meaning " local god " (like Tutatis in

Gaul) - as such, Yahweh is also Baal. Ra is the ancient Egyptian sun

god, represented by the Aten disk which inspired the first known

monotheistic religion (Atenism), which had a huge influence on the

development of Judaism, and can therefore be seen as the original

inspiration for Christianity - so, ultimately, Christians worship

both Baal and Ra.

>

> > And if so, wouldn't they sacrifice children?

>

> Why would they? You seem to accept everything said by the most

horrific Christian fundamentalists, and seem to have no interest in

finding out the truth from people who actually follow the religion.

>

> > People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. (One person

here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of

> > giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard

to swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay?

>

> Not in any way trying to justify it, but this was common practice

in the ancient world - remember Abraham - the founder of Judaism /

Christianity???? He didn't seem to worry too much about sacrificing

his child, and he is the inspiration for the whole of modern

Christian worship. Do Christians sacrifice children?

>

> > Even if I'm wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was

worshipped, and that people would sacrifice their first-

> > born children to him.

>

> Molech still is worshipped - there's videos of George Bush (both sr

& jr), Bill Clinton & Richard Nixon all worshipping him at their

Bohemian Grove " summer retreat " . Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I

thought these people all professed to be Christian.

>

> > As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm horrified.

>

> If you're a teacher, I'm shocked that you should be allowed near

children with the attitudes you have displayed here. I should point

out that incitement to religious hatred becomes illegal in the UK in

December, and if you attempt to spread suggestions that Pagans are

baby killers, you could find yourself facing a long jail sentence.

>

> I am absolutely disgusted that you attempt to denigrate my

religious beliefs and my friends in this way. You state that you know

about certain things (such as witches and warlocks) when you clearly

haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about

(incidentally, warlocks are fictional creatures anyway).

>

> I would also just like to point out one other fact (since you are

keen on the idea of child sacrifice being discussed) - in the UK in

the past 20 years only 6 Pagans have been charged with child abuse.

That compares to over 20,000 charges of child abuse by Christian

***clergy*** (forget the every day Christians). Now, I wouldn't dream

of suggesting that Christians are child abusers, but I think it's

clear which religion has the biggest problem in that area if we wish

to point fingers. I could also point you in the direction of material

describing incidents of ritual sacrifice by prominent Christians in

both the US and the UK if you are interested - but I at least have

the intelligence to realise that these people are not representative

of Christianity.

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

> ---

> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

> Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

nice one peter, too........i am a pagan and there are loads of reasons why i became one over 15 years ago..........i have said on here about what i feel about organised religon......but also, i felt that as a pagan i could see the female image acknowledged as sacred too.......in the idea of there being a goddess/goddesses.......god as only man is a relatively new idea.......and says nothing to me in a spiritual sense if the female isnt included...........and no, mary his virgin mother wasnt enough either.......but we have been there already......

in the ancient middle east, the idea of yaweh also had female/matriarchial elements......if not beginnings.........as the original ideas stemmed from fertility, agricultural communities etc.....

bit like mother nature.....

catherine

>"nikki_mackovitch"

> > > Re: Pagans, cont. >Fri, 16 May 2003 10:41:13 -0000 > >I am so impressed Sir Peter! > >BRAVO! > >nikki :) > > > > , "Peter" wrote: > > Amylia > > > > > Oops! Sorry about that. I worded it wrong. Meant to >say "pagans that full-on" use their power to curse people. > > > > Which Pagans are you talking about? Since you are denigrating a >whole religion, I expect you to name names. > > > > > Like I said, I've seen web pages that mention the "black magick" >thing. > > > > I've seen a few Christian fundamentalist websites as well. > > > > > > > I guess the media has been biased in mainly giving exposure to >Satanic cults. > > > > Who worship a Christian god. > > > > > I suppose I am only familiar with witches and > > > warlocks. > > > > Perhaps you should be aware that I am a witch. > > > > > But then, many of them wear symbols, including pentagrams, which >I'm afraid do have a connection with some > > > Satanic cults. > > > > The pentagram is also a Christian symbol, and the cross a symbol >used by Satanists. Of course, Satanists are Christians rather than >Pagans since they use the Christian mythos and worship a god of >Christianity. > > > > > But about other pagans: I've never understood why some worship a >different god/dess for everything. --The other day I say > > > the word "Pomona" in the dictionary. (Pomona is the name of a >city in So. Cal.) Well, according to my dictionary, Pomona > > > is the Italian goddess of fruit trees. Whether it's laziness or >something else, my thought was wouldn't it be nicer/easier to > > > offer prays/offerings up to one god, instead of 5, 10, 20, or 100 >god/desses? > > > > Maybe it would be easier - but if you believe in many gods, what >would be the benefit of ignoring most of them. You mention you're a >teacher - wouldn't it be easier to teach just one child than a whole >classroom. > > > > > And aren't they literally, "made-up" god/desses? (Greek >mythology, for example.) -----What are your thoughts on this? > > > > If you want an honest opinion (all other monotheists please close >your eyes - this is not intended to insult you, simply offer my own >opinion) - there is only one "made up" god - that is Yahweh. In my >view, the worship of Yahweh is actually the derivation of a >misunderstanding of the nature and abilities of ancient technology. > > > > > And lastly, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people who >worshipped Baal, Ra, or other ancient gods considered pagans? > > > > Baal is a Phoenician word meaning "local god" (like Tutatis in >Gaul) - as such, Yahweh is also Baal. Ra is the ancient Egyptian sun >god, represented by the Aten disk which inspired the first known >monotheistic religion (Atenism), which had a huge influence on the >development of Judaism, and can therefore be seen as the original >inspiration for Christianity - so, ultimately, Christians worship >both Baal and Ra. > > > > > And if so, wouldn't they sacrifice children? > > > > Why would they? You seem to accept everything said by the most >horrific Christian fundamentalists, and seem to have no interest in >finding out the truth from people who actually follow the religion. > > > > > People voluteering to be sacrificed is one thing. (One person >here said for Druids at least, human sacrifices were a way of > > > giving back to the earth.---Sounds satisfactory, but still hard >to swallow.) But sacrificing children....how is that okay? > > > > Not in any way trying to justify it, but this was common practice >in the ancient world - remember Abraham - the founder of Judaism / >Christianity???? He didn't seem to worry too much about sacrificing >his child, and he is the inspiration for the whole of modern >Christian worship. Do Christians sacrifice children? > > > > > Even if I'm wrong about Baal or Ra, I know the god Molech was >worshipped, and that people would sacrifice their first- > > > born children to him. > > > > Molech still is worshipped - there's videos of George Bush (both sr > & jr), Bill Clinton & Richard Nixon all worshipping him at their >Bohemian Grove "summer retreat". Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I >thought these people all professed to be Christian. > > > > > As a seeker, I'm curious. As a teacher, I'm horrified. > > > > If you're a teacher, I'm shocked that you should be allowed near >children with the attitudes you have displayed here. I should point >out that incitement to religious hatred becomes illegal in the UK in >December, and if you attempt to spread suggestions that Pagans are >baby killers, you could find yourself facing a long jail sentence. > > > > I am absolutely disgusted that you attempt to denigrate my >religious beliefs and my friends in this way. You state that you know >about certain things (such as witches and warlocks) when you clearly >haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about >(incidentally, warlocks are fictional creatures anyway). > > > > I would also just like to point out one other fact (since you are >keen on the idea of child sacrifice being discussed) - in the UK in >the past 20 years only 6 Pagans have been charged with child abuse. >That compares to over 20,000 charges of child abuse by Christian >***clergy*** (forget the every day Christians). Now, I wouldn't dream >of suggesting that Christians are child abusers, but I think it's >clear which religion has the biggest problem in that area if we wish >to point fingers. I could also point you in the direction of material >describing incidents of ritual sacrifice by prominent Christians in >both the US and the UK if you are interested - but I at least have >the intelligence to realise that these people are not representative >of Christianity. > > > > BB > > Peter > > > > > > --- > > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03 > Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8 you can filter it out

Guest guest

Catherine

nice one peter, too........i am a pagan and there are loads of reasons why i became one over 15 years ago..........i have said on here about what i feel about organised religon......but also, i felt that as a pagan i could see the female image acknowledged as sacred too.......in the idea of there being a goddess/goddesses.......god as only man is a relatively new idea.......and says nothing to me in a spiritual sense if the female isnt included...........and no, mary his virgin mother wasnt enough either.......but we have been there already......

I too felt that there was no honour in being a woman under a Christian religion, but my confidence has grown a hundredfold since I came to Paganism.

Our ritual (for the Full Moon, though a day late) had a really special feel. It was absolutely tipping with rain all evening, and a mist arose in the woods. We found some firm ground under a beautiful beech tree, which we incuded in our circle, and did a general healing ritual. We spent an hour in the pub afterwards. Do you manage to involve in group ritual?

BBJo