IndiaDivine.org

America

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Fraggle,

You made some valid points in that one reply yesterday. But what about the Iraqi people I saw on t.v. saying, "God bless America," "No Saddam," "Down with Saddam," and other sayings literally praising Bush and America. (I don't know if you saw it, or not. It was a few a weeks ago now.)---But those people seemed pretty happy to see American soldiers coming over there, and trying to liberate them. How then can we say Bush and/or America is the devil, evil, anti-Christ, or whatever? And if America is so bad for bullying other countries, nuclear weapons, etc., then why are there hundreds of immigrants that come here year after year, in search of a better life? They come here from all over the world because of religious persecution, oppressive leadership, racism, etc. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not "pro-war," or anything. I just know where the pro-war people stand, and I want to know more about the anti-war people. (Pardon the labels.)

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*.

Guest guest

ok

first off..saddam was a dictator....he was hated by a lot of folks in his own country..he killed scores of people in iraq..

but...few think it strange that here we see iraqis..waving american flags..wot, were they hiding those and waiting?

many iraqis wanted saddam gone...remember, we supported the guy for years, supplied him with money, weapons, anthrax ,satelite info, etc...then we decide, nah, he's gotta go, he' the antichrist wotever..amazing we came up with that, since we were buds fer so long...

we all saw iraqis dancing in the streets.

sure..some were happy, if not most, to see the dictator gone..tho, many others liked the thug...people are strange....

how often have you seen the children throwing stones at american tanks?

how often you seen the faces of families distraught over the dead bodies of their kin?

how often have you heard of americans getting chased out of areas because of angry iraqis upset cuz we obliterated them?

you don't..tho, it happens everyday...

why are there thousands of people in iraq holding demonstrations telling america to get out? why did american troops shoot into civilan crowds?

the famous scene of the statue falling..ever seen the whole picture? ever seen the whole square?? the happy iraqis dancing in the streets are outnumbered by reporters and troops...look at the pullback view of the whole square..the square is surrounded by american tanks..there are maybe 100 people in the square...an american tank pulled the statue down after a CNN official said "you know what, there are no scenes of people pulling down statues like we saw in russia, we could use something like that"...no kidding..so...the troops obliged...good TV....and the iraqis..sure..some of them are happy...some of them are also the so-called Free Iraqi forces which were exiles we had flown into iraq earlier in the week....

so much for spontaniety....

in the same vein...have the mexican army invadev the US..or the french..or the canadians...i bet you i can find a group somewhere dancing in the streets..its all relative...

why do people come here? a variety of reasons..there is something called brand america...we sell ourselves quite well worldwide...and, face it, we are RICH..we have a HUGE piece of the pie...we take that pie from a lot of the rest of the world...others would like that dream as well....here you are, living in some poverty stricken place, you have to work all day to make a pittance, and you hear of the golden land, america, everyone is free..and you come here..to work all day for a pittance and ...

a lot of folks immigrate to france, germany, england, canada, and tons of others places as well

don't get me wrong, america has a lot of valiant things about it..we just play a whole lot of lipservice to it and don't follow our own dreams and ideals....

Fraggle,

You made some valid points in that one reply yesterday. But what about the Iraqi people I saw on t.v. saying, "God bless America," "No Saddam," "Down with Saddam," and other sayings literally praising Bush and America. (I don't know if you saw it, or not. It was a few a weeks ago now.)---But those people seemed pretty happy to see American soldiers coming over there, and trying to liberate them. How then can we say Bush and/or America is the devil, evil, anti-Christ, or whatever? And if America is so bad for bullying other countries, nuclear weapons, etc., then why are there hundreds of immigrants that come here year after year, in search of a better life? They come here from all over the world because of religious persecution, oppressive leadership, racism, etc. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not "pro-war," or anything. I just know where the pro-war people stand, and I want to know more about the anti-war people. (Pardon the labels.)

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/15/03 4:58:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, veggietart writes:

People come to the US probably because they still hear the bit about

freedom, etc. Well, Bush and Co., who claim the terrorists hate us because

of our freedom, seem to be destroying that reason. Maybe they think

anything is better than what they face. Sometimes it's economic--they need

a job, and we have 'em.

i always thought that was the silliest thing in the universe..they hate us cuz of freedom..

be real....

they attacked us to stop US imperialism.....they flew planes into buildings and killed thousands to get US bases out of the middle east...they killed because of US unfaltering support for Isreal and our disdain(in their eyes at the very least) for the Palestinians..they attacked because we represent the latest in a long line of grieviences and deep seated hostilites....

The Middle east and the Islamic world in general has felt like the bastard step child...

Guest guest

It could either be staged, or people who think anything would be better than

Hussein. I've read in the paper there are plenty of Iraqis seriously pissed

off at the Americans because the country is now in chaos. They have no way

of knowing if the US will help rebuild or abandon them as they did

Afghanistan.

People come to the US probably because they still hear the bit about

freedom, etc. Well, Bush and Co., who claim the terrorists hate us because

of our freedom, seem to be destroying that reason. Maybe they think

anything is better than what they face. Sometimes it's economic--they need

a job, and we have 'em.

Danielle

" You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake " --Jeanette Rankin

----Original Message Follows----

" Amylia F " <amylia_21

America

Wed, 14 May 2003 23:01:28 -0700

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

Fraggle,

*This message was brought to you by: Amy

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*.

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Amylia

> You made some valid points in that one reply yesterday. But what about the Iraqi people I saw on t.v. saying, "God bless

> America," "No Saddam," "Down with Saddam," and other sayings literally praising Bush and America.

What would you say if you were surrounded by heavily armed American soldiers????

> How then can we say Bush and/or America is the devil, evil, anti-Christ, or whatever? And if America is so bad for bullying

> other countries, nuclear weapons, etc., then why are there hundreds of immigrants that come here year after year, in search

> of a better life?

Why do you think there is a better standard of life in America? Pretty obvious really - America (with it's cohort - Britain) keep oppressing other countries with sanctions, wars, setting up dictators, etc. which reduce the quality of life in those countries. Why did so many people move to Rome during the period of Roman world domination? Exactly the same reason - the good quality of life is where the power centre is.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> they attacked us to stop US imperialism.....they flew planes into buildings and killed thousands to get US bases out of the

> middle east...they killed because of US unfaltering support for Isreal and our disdain(in their eyes at the very least) for the

> Palestinians..they attacked because we represent the latest in a long line of grieviences and deep seated hostilites....

It's rare that I disagree with you politically, but I'd actually say exactly the opposite... the WTC "disaster" was staged precisely so that the US could get more bases in the Middle East, so they could provide more support to Israel and further destabilise the Middle East.

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/15/03 2:28:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Snowbow writes:

It's rare that I disagree with you politically, but I'd actually say exactly the opposite... the WTC "disaster" was staged precisely so that the US could get more bases in the Middle East, so they could provide more support to Israel and further destabilise the Middle East.

ah..but see, i don' t think we (meaning the US) did it..i think we allowed it to happen...

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/16/03 10:06:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Snowbow writes:

The reason that I tend to think they were behind it is because they had more to gain from it than any other group.

see...i figure they knew about it and then just backed off..they wanted a pearl harbor..and all the ensueing chaos that follows..they had the patriot act already printed and waiting...

they had th FBI back off on following up tips on Bin Laden and his cronies...

then, when it does happen, they can have plausible denialibilty..."see, look what happened, we need to do this and this and this..."

i waver tho...

sad really..horribly horribly sad...

fraggle

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> ah..but see, i don' t think we (meaning the US) did it..i think we allowed it to happen...

I waver on both sides of that one. I don't doubt at all that Bush & Co allowed it to happen. I sometimes think they were behind it, sometimes I think they just saw it coming and thought that rather than stop it they'd make the most of it.

The reason that I tend to think they were behind it is because they had more to gain from it than any other group.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

, EBbrewpunx@c... wrote:

> In a message dated 5/15/03 2:28:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> Snowbow@b... writes:

> >

> > It's rare that I disagree with you politically, but I'd actually

say

> > exactly the opposite... the WTC " disaster " was staged precisely

so that the

> > US could get more bases in the Middle East, so they could

provide more

> > support to Israel and further destabilise the Middle East.

> >

>

> ah..but see, i don' t think we (meaning the US) did it..i think we

allowed it

> to happen...

I think the US were more involved than that. The WTC I would

probably agree that they allowed to happen, but I think they were

actively involved with the missile that hit the Pentagon on the same

morning, and possibly involved with disposing of the plane that they

claim hit the Pentagon.

Dave

Guest guest

I've heard rumors that Bush II's one-month vacation was really hiding him

out because the intelligence knew an attack was coming. did they know these

guys would fly planes into buildings? Maybe. The point is, THEY KNEW and

they failed to stop it.

Danielle

" You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake " --Jeanette Rankin

EBbrewpunx

Re: America

Fri, 16 May 2003 10:41:36 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/03 2:28:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

Snowbow writes:

>

> It's rare that I disagree with you politically, but I'd actually say

> exactly the opposite... the WTC " disaster " was staged precisely so that

the

> US could get more bases in the Middle East, so they could provide more

> support to Israel and further destabilise the Middle East.

>

ah..but see, i don' t think we (meaning the US) did it..i think we allowed

it

to happen...

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

Just because I'm pro-Americans doesn't mean I'm pro the American govt., but nothing can justify what those sick bastards did to the WTC or to Australians in Bali.

Tom

-

Peter

Thursday, May 15, 2003 12:15 PM

Hi Fraggle

> they attacked us to stop US imperialism.....they flew planes into buildings and killed thousands to get US bases out of the

> middle east...they killed because of US unfaltering support for Isreal and our disdain(in their eyes at the very least) for the

> Palestinians..they attacked because we represent the latest in a long line of grieviences and deep seated hostilites....

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Tom

> Just because I'm pro-Americans doesn't mean I'm pro the American govt., but nothing can justify what those sick bastards did to

> the WTC or to Australians in Bali.

Dead right - but why do you phrase that as though the American government aren't those sick b***ards?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I don't think anyone here is trying to justify what happened to the WTC. We also don't swallow whole what the American government told us about it. Our scepticism is no different to your scepticism on spiritual matters - I thought it was supposed to be a good trait.

Jo

Just because I'm pro-Americans doesn't mean I'm pro the American govt., but nothing can justify what those sick bastards did to the WTC or to Australians in Bali.

Tom

-

Peter

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

Most of the Iraqi people in Australia were for the war against Sadam, in fact, some even demonstrated in support of it. Whatever you think of the US and it's motives, many Iraqis wanted their brutal dictator, who also robbed them of many billions of dollars, overthrown.

Tom

-

Peter

Thursday, May 15, 2003 12:02 PM

Hi Amylia

> You made some valid points in that one reply yesterday. But what about the Iraqi people I saw on t.v. saying, "God bless

> America," "No Saddam," "Down with Saddam," and other sayings literally praising Bush and America.

What would you say if you were surrounded by heavily armed American soldiers????

> How then can we say Bush and/or America is the devil, evil, anti-Christ, or whatever? And if America is so bad for bullying

> other countries, nuclear weapons, etc., then why are there hundreds of immigrants that come here year after year, in search

> of a better life?

Why do you think there is a better standard of life in America? Pretty obvious really - America (with it's cohort - Britain) keep oppressing other countries with sanctions, wars, setting up dictators, etc. which reduce the quality of life in those countries. Why did so many people move to Rome during the period of Roman world domination? Exactly the same reason - the good quality of life is where the power centre is.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/17/03 9:49:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, vegecentric writes:

Tom

i'm glad you aren't mad we overhrew yer govt back in the 70's..

:)what those sickbastards did huh?

funny..i don't recall a single Iraqi being on those planes....

Guest guest

Hi Tom

> Most of the Iraqi people in Australia were for the war against Sadam, in fact, some even demonstrated in support of it. Whatever

> you think of the US and it's motives, many Iraqis wanted their brutal dictator, who also robbed them of many billions of dollars,

> overthrown.

Many of us in the UK would like to see Mr Blair overthrown - doesn't mean we'd welcome American bombing to achieve that! As a matter of interest, you say "most of the Iraqi people in Australia" - do you have any figures from any studies done on this, or is it simply that you met a few Iraqi's who wanted America to invade, and assume they spoke for all Iraqi's?

And, of course, the question I always ask people who support war....why aren't they in the army? It's very easy to sit back and say "I really want to see people invade Iraq....but I don't want to have to do it myself."

BB

Peter

Guest guest

That may well be true Tom, but I expect the aftermath of the war wasn't the result they were hoping for. With their own lack of real news, and the propaganda of the US government it would be easy to believe that they were going to war for a good reason, and sometimes people hope that the outcome will be good. Maybe it will be good - but if it is it will only be coincidental to the main agendas of the US/UK governments.

Jo

-

Vegecentric

Monday, May 19, 2003 2:01 AM

Most of the Iraqi people in Australia were for the war against Sadam, in fact, some even demonstrated in support of it. Whatever you think of the US and it's motives, many Iraqis wanted their brutal dictator, who also robbed them of many billions of dollars, overthrown.

Tom

-

Peter

Thursday, May 15, 2003 12:02 PM

Hi Amylia

> of a better life?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Tom

> By all means be skeptical, of me as much as anyone. This conspiracy therory about the Americans bombing the be-jesus out of

> themselves just so they could blame it on the Muslims and grab their land, however, seems like just a little hard to sustain... If

> they're such an evil, undemocratic empire as you suggest, why did they need the pretext?

What is so hard to swallow? People who have a history of killing to gain political advantage, killing to gain political advantage. Not really that hard to understand, surely?

Why the pretext? Simple - its easier to control people when they don't realise they're being controlled - that way they've got nothing to rebel against.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

By all means be skeptical, of me as much as anyone. This conspiracy therory about the Americans bombing the be-jesus out of themselves just so they could blame it on the Muslims and grab their land, however, seems like just a little hard to sustain... If they're such an evil, undemocratic empire as you suggest, why did they need the pretext?

Tom

-

Heartwork

Sunday, May 18, 2003 5:01 AM

I don't think anyone here is trying to justify what happened to the WTC. We also don't swallow whole what the American government told us about it. Our scepticism is no different to your scepticism on spiritual matters - I thought it was supposed to be a good trait.

Jo

Tom

-

Peter

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

Guest guest

If they could rebuild Iraq...you mean, the way they rebuilt Afghanistan?

Danielle

" This is your American dream

Everything is simple in the white and the black

You will never need to see the grey anymore

You will never have to be afraid. " --Everclear

" Vegecentric " <vegecentric

Sat, 24 May 2003 01:21:44 -0700

Well, at least we have a chance of getting rid of Bush, Blair, and our own

George's pet, Johnny Howard. I don't think the Iraqis had that option, did

they?

I'm not saying I support the " war " , or killing innocent people, but getting

rid of Hussein was, in itself, a good thing. As I've said, if the US help

rebuild Iraq, give it aid and its full independence, then that would be a

good thing. But of course, like yourselves, I'm not holding my breath...

Tom

-

Peter

Monday, May 19, 2003 10:03 AM

Hi Tom

> Most of the Iraqi people in Australia were for the war against Sadam,

in fact, some even demonstrated in support of it. Whatever

> you think of the US and it's motives, many Iraqis wanted their brutal

dictator, who also robbed them of many billions of dollars,

> overthrown.

Many of us in the UK would like to see Mr Blair overthrown - doesn't mean

we'd welcome American bombing to achieve that! As a matter of interest, you

say " most of the Iraqi people in Australia " - do you have any figures from

any studies done on this, or is it simply that you met a few Iraqi's who

wanted America to invade, and assume they spoke for all Iraqi's?

And, of course, the question I always ask people who support war....why

aren't they in the army? It's very easy to sit back and say " I really want

to see people invade Iraq....but I don't want to have to do it myself. "

BB

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

Well, at least we have a chance of getting rid of Bush, Blair, and our own George's pet, Johnny Howard. I don't think the Iraqis had that option, did they?

I'm not saying I support the "war", or killing innocent people, but getting rid of Hussein was, in itself, a good thing. As I've said, if the US help rebuild Iraq, give it aid and its full independence, then that would be a good thing. But of course, like yourselves, I'm not holding my breath...

Tom

-

Peter

Monday, May 19, 2003 10:03 AM

Hi Tom

> Most of the Iraqi people in Australia were for the war against Sadam, in fact, some even demonstrated in support of it. Whatever

> you think of the US and it's motives, many Iraqis wanted their brutal dictator, who also robbed them of many billions of dollars,

> overthrown.

Many of us in the UK would like to see Mr Blair overthrown - doesn't mean we'd welcome American bombing to achieve that! As a matter of interest, you say "most of the Iraqi people in Australia" - do you have any figures from any studies done on this, or is it simply that you met a few Iraqi's who wanted America to invade, and assume they spoke for all Iraqi's?

And, of course, the question I always ask people who support war....why aren't they in the army? It's very easy to sit back and say "I really want to see people invade Iraq....but I don't want to have to do it myself."

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Yes, I know about CIA destabilisation of our (greatest) post-war gov, the Whitlam gov. in the early 70's. But there were a lot of conservative forces arrayed against him over here, and he was done in finally by our un-elected Queen's representative, Former Governor General Sir John Kerr (a drunk and a lackey of the establishment).

Tom

-

EBbrewpunx

Monday, May 19, 2003 8:50 AM

In a message dated 5/17/03 9:49:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, vegecentric writes:

Just because I'm pro-Americans doesn't mean I'm pro the American govt., but nothing can justify what those sick bastards did to the WTC or to Australians in Bali.Tomi'm glad you aren't mad we overhrew yer govt back in the 70's..:)what those sickbastards did huh?funny..i don't recall a single Iraqi being on those planes.... To send an email to -