IndiaDivine.org

fairies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi all,

i do not think that anyone is off their head for beleiving in fairies.....in wales, i am welsh, fairies are seen as a helpful spirit full of energy, playfullness........and maybe living at the end of your garden..........

they are very alive in all sorts of cultures, not just celtic.....

catherine

>"Vegecentric"

> >

>Re: Religion >Fri, 16 May 2003 19:32:24 -0700 > >Hi Peter, >It is ironic that you are insulted by beliefs in spirits or whatever being >compared to beliefs in fairies,...which I'm sure someone somewhere genuinely >holds. What if I said I actually believed in the Tooth Fairy? It seems you'd >either think I was just being a "stirrer" or off my tree. You seem to think >it "illogical", but to me, no more illogical than belief in pyschics and >shamans and angels and who knows what else. I don't mean to insult you, or >anyone, but if something seems to me as illogical as Tooth Fairies are to >you, I will have my say, just like anyone on this list. By all means, don't >agree with me or question my beliefs: after all, if I can't explain my >veganism to you or anyone else, that doesn't say much for me and my thought >processes. > >Tom >- >"Peter"

>

>Wednesday, May 14, 2003 9:50 AM >Re: Religion > > > > Hi Tom > > > > > Look, people should believe whatever they want to, if it makes them feel > > > good (as long as they don't hurt others in the process). Personally, I > > just > > > can't believe in all that spirit-world supernatural stuff. There is no > > real > > > proof, but, of course, I can't disprove it, just as I can't disprove the > > > existence of Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. > > > > While I don't wish to change your mind or your beliefs, I think it is very > > insulting to compare serious beliefs with belief in the tooth fairy. There > > are clearly no faeries who would want to get involved in collecting >teeth - > > it would be a complete waste of their time. > > > > > If I did a William Blake and > > > said I saw visions of heaven and hell and demons and angels, you would > > > probably think a) I've been smoking something way too strong or b) I > > should > > > visit the nearest shrink. > > > > I would think that you'd simply begun to observe things outside of the > > constraints of the conditioning of modern education, which is based on its > > own religion of science. I find it strange that you complain that certain > > religions have used conditioning techniques on their followers, but don't > > realise that we are all victims of conditioning in one way or another. > > > > Presumably you're aware of recent scientific research which has shown that > > our brains filter out over 50% of what our eyes pick up before it reaches > > our visual cortex - and that this same research has shown that this > > filtering is a conditioned response rather than instinctual. I wonder - >what > > do you think you would see if your conditioning were removed and your >visual > > cortex received the entire message of what your eyes have seen? > > > > BB > > Peter > > > > > > --- > > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03 > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/03 10:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, vc27 writes:

But hobbits are very short - could they reach?

Viv

maybe he's short as well

er maybe they could stand on each other's shoulders...er climb a stone troll er...

Guest guest

Viv

Vegecentric [vegecentric]Tuesday, May 20, 2003 6:57 AM Subject: Re: fairies

Hey, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so if some elves or hobbits popped up and tapped me on the shoulder, no-one could be happier!

Tom

Guest guest

Hi Tom

> Hey, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so if some elves or hobbits popped up and tapped me on the shoulder, no-one could be happier!

For a change.. something we can agree on :-)

So, whadayathink of the films then?

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

He said he was huge... maybe he just meant round ;-)

Viv

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]

Monday, May 19, 2003 6:47 PM

Re: fairies

In a message dated 5/19/03 10:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

vc27 writes:

Viv

maybe he's short as well

er maybe they could stand on each other's shoulders...er climb a stone troll

er...

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.478 / Virus Database: 275 - Release 06/05/03

Guest guest

>He said he was huge... maybe he just meant round ;-)Viv

Well hobbits are quite round so maybe they could bounce off each others tummies to reach thingy's shoulder?

I have a fairy living in my house. Now & then I find the kitchen spotless, the washing all done, floors vacuumed etc. I mean, it couldn't possible be my hubby that did it all, could it?

Jani

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]Monday, May 19, 2003 6:47 PM Subject: Re: fairiesIn a message dated 5/19/03 10:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,vc27 writes:But hobbits are very short - could they reach?Vivmaybe he's short as weller maybe they could stand on each other's shoulders...er climb a stone troller...---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.478 / Virus Database: 275 - Release 06/05/03

Guest guest

Hey, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so if some elves or hobbits popped up and tapped me on the shoulder, no-one could be happier!

Tom

-

Catherine Harris

Sunday, May 18, 2003 11:07 AM

hi all,

i do not think that anyone is off their head for beleiving in fairies.....in wales, i am welsh, fairies are seen as a helpful spirit full of energy, playfullness........and maybe living at the end of your garden..........

they are very alive in all sorts of cultures, not just celtic.....

catherine

>"Vegecentric"

> >

>Re: Religion >Fri, 16 May 2003 19:32:24 -0700 > >Hi Peter, >It is ironic that you are insulted by beliefs in spirits or whatever being >compared to beliefs in fairies,...which I'm sure someone somewhere genuinely >holds. What if I said I actually believed in the Tooth Fairy? It seems you'd >either think I was just being a "stirrer" or off my tree. You seem to think >it "illogical", but to me, no more illogical than belief in pyschics and >shamans and angels and who knows what else. I don't mean to insult you, or >anyone, but if something seems to me as illogical as Tooth Fairies are to >you, I will have my say, just like anyone on this list. By all means, don't >agree with me or question my beliefs: after all, if I can't explain my >veganism to you or anyone else, that doesn't say much for me and my thought >processes. > >Tom >- >"Peter"

>

>Wednesday, May 14, 2003 9:50 AM >Re: Religion > > > > Hi Tom > > > > > Look, people should believe whatever they want to, if it makes them feel > > > good (as long as they don't hurt others in the process). Personally, I > > just > > > can't believe in all that spirit-world supernatural stuff. There is no > > real > > > proof, but, of course, I can't disprove it, just as I can't disprove the > > > existence of Santa Claus or the tooth fairy. > > > > While I don't wish to change your mind or your beliefs, I think it is very > > insulting to compare serious beliefs with belief in the tooth fairy. There > > are clearly no faeries who would want to get involved in collecting >teeth - > > it would be a complete waste of their time. > > > > > If I did a William Blake and > > > said I saw visions of heaven and hell and demons and angels, you would > > > probably think a) I've been smoking something way too strong or b) I > > should > > > visit the nearest shrink. > > > > I would think that you'd simply begun to observe things outside of the > > constraints of the conditioning of modern education, which is based on its > > own religion of science. I find it strange that you complain that certain > > religions have used conditioning techniques on their followers, but don't > > realise that we are all victims of conditioning in one way or another. > > > > Presumably you're aware of recent scientific research which has shown that > > our brains filter out over 50% of what our eyes pick up before it reaches > > our visual cortex - and that this same research has shown that this > > filtering is a conditioned response rather than instinctual. I wonder - >what > > do you think you would see if your conditioning were removed and your >visual > > cortex received the entire message of what your eyes have seen? > > > > BB > > Peter > > > > > > --- > > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > > Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03 > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

It's supposed to be Brownies who clean up at night. I don't think I have any residing with me though.

Jo

>He said he was huge... maybe he just meant round ;-)Viv

Well hobbits are quite round so maybe they could bounce off each others tummies to reach thingy's shoulder?

I have a fairy living in my house. Now & then I find the kitchen spotless, the washing all done, floors vacuumed etc. I mean, it couldn't possible be my hubby that did it all, could it?

Jani

EBbrewpunx [EBbrewpunx]Monday, May 19, 2003 6:47 PM Subject: Re: fairiesIn a message dated 5/19/03 10:31:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,vc27 writes:But hobbits are very short - could they reach?Vivmaybe he's short as weller maybe they could stand on each other's shoulders...er climb a stone troller...---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.478 / Virus Database: 275 - Release 06/05/03

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/19/03 1:13:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Heartwork writes:

I love them - but then I've not read the books!

movies were good

books 1000 times better ...imho....

ya can't beat yer imagination when you allow a book to conjure up something..

Guest guest

Fraggle

That's just what Colin and Peter tell me - I'll have to read the books.

Jo

movies were goodbooks 1000 times better ...imho....ya can't beat yer imagination when you allow a book to conjure up something..

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release 19/05/03

Guest guest

The New Zealand landscape looks beautiful.

Jo

-

Vegecentric

Saturday, May 24, 2003 9:12 AM

Of course, to a true afficionado, (I've read LOTR 10 times) nothing could beat the books, but I love the films. Not strictly true to the books, but cinematically hard to beat, and the New Zealand landscape is suitably grand and mythic.

Tom

-

Peter

Monday, May 19, 2003 10:42 AM

Hi Tom

> Hey, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so if some elves or hobbits popped up and tapped me on the shoulder, no-one could be happier!

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

Of course, to a true afficionado, (I've read LOTR 10 times) nothing could beat the books, but I love the films. Not strictly true to the books, but cinematically hard to beat, and the New Zealand landscape is suitably grand and mythic.

Tom

-

Peter

Monday, May 19, 2003 10:42 AM

Hi Tom

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03To send an email to -

Guest guest

No, I'm 6"3", so one would have to stand on someone's shoulders...

Tom

-

Viv

Monday, May 19, 2003 10:31 AM

RE: fairies

Viv

Vegecentric [vegecentric]Tuesday, May 20, 2003 6:57 AM Subject: Re: fairies

Tom

To send an email to -