IndiaDivine.org

lord of the rings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi peter.

i thought first film was brill.........i came out from seeing it, wishing i had been born an elf.........tall and glowing.........instead of short welsh woman...........

second film didnt entertain me, fell asleep after 30 mins

catherine

>"Peter"

> >

>Re: fairies >Mon, 19 May 2003 18:42:47 +0100 > >Hi Tom > > > Hey, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so if some elves or hobbits popped up and tapped me on the shoulder, no-one could be happier! > >For a change.. something we can agree on :-) > >So, whadayathink of the films then? > >BB >Peter > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03 It's fast, it's fun and it's free! Click here to download MSN Messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Catherine

> i thought first film was brill.........i came out from seeing it, wishing i had been born an elf.........tall and glowing.........instead

> of short welsh woman...........

> second film didnt entertain me, fell asleep after 30 mins

I enjoyed both, but thought it was a real shame they cut out so many good bits in order to have extended battle scenes. The impression you get is that LOTR is one big battle with a few other bits, but the books are so much more. Still good films IMHO :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

I thought the 2nd film was better than the first. Saw it twice, can't wait for the dvd. (Just hope it's not been nicked by then...)

Viv

Catherine Harris [cait2]Tuesday, May 20, 2003 2:10 PM Subject: Re: lord of the rings

hi peter.

i thought first film was brill.........i came out from seeing it, wishing i had been born an elf.........tall and glowing.........instead of short welsh woman...........

second film didnt entertain me, fell asleep after 30 mins

catherine

>"Peter"

> >

>Re: fairies >Mon, 19 May 2003 18:42:47 +0100 > >Hi Tom > > > Hey, I'm a huge Tolkien fan, so if some elves or hobbits popped up and tapped me on the shoulder, no-one could be happier! > >For a change.. something we can agree on :-) > >So, whadayathink of the films then? > >BB >Peter >

Guest guest

Catherine

>i thought first film was brill.........i came out from seeing it, wishing i had been born an elf.........tall and glowing.........instead of >short welsh woman...........

>second film didnt entertain me, fell asleep after 30 mins

The first film was best, second not so good - to much battle, but I still enjoyed it. I am looking forward to the last one (and the Harry Potter).

Elf's! - yes - they don't look as though they have weight problems do they!

Jo

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

Catherine Harris wrote:

>

> hi peter.

>

> i thought first film was brill.........i came out from seeing it,

> wishing i had been born an elf.........tall and

> glowing.........instead of short welsh woman...........

You should hear Tolkien reading his Sindarin. Sounds suspiciously like

Welsh :).

The trick, I guess, is not so much to be born an elf, as to be born

looking like Liv Tyler or ... now who was it that played Legolas?

Guest guest

Hi Ian

> You should hear Tolkien reading his Sindarin. Sounds suspiciously like

> Welsh :).

How bizarre - I seem to recall he was brought up in Surrey (but weren't his

parents Polish?)

> The trick, I guess, is not so much to be born an elf, as to be born

> looking like Liv Tyler or ... now who was it that played Legolas?

Orlando Bloom.... who is veggie :-)

BB

Peter

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.481 / Virus Database: 277 - Release 13/05/03

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/20/03 10:42:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Snowbow writes:

I enjoyed both, but thought it was a real shame they cut out so many good bits in order to have extended battle scenes. The impression you get is that LOTR is one big battle with a few other bits, but the books are so much more. Still good films IMHO :-)

my fave scene was when the metallica fans were aidded by the slayer fans when they were about to be over run by megadeth fans

Guest guest

LOL - The Urukai (I shall have to read the book to know what they're called!!!) look like Sepultura in one of their videos - probably Roots Blood Roots.

Jo

my fave scene was when the metallica fans were aidded by the slayer fans when they were about to be over run by megadeth fans

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release 19/05/03

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> my fave scene was when the metallica fans were aidded by the slayer fans when they were about to be over run by megadeth

> fans

LOL - Don't forget those Sepultura fans. I'm sure the Uruk-hai are based on Max Cavalera :-)

BB

Peter

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release 19/05/03