IndiaDivine.org

Man grills kitten alive..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello. I found out about this story and petition from another newsletter and thought some of you might be interested in signing the petition.

Take care,

Tammy

Incarcerate Kitten Killer! Target: Clay County Prosecutor’s Office Sponsor: Josh Dasher

SIGNATURES: 14,592GOAL: 50,000 DEADLINE: 8-8-2003 On Friday, July 12th, 2002 in Liberty, Missouri- Charles Benoit and a group of amused onlookers put a 7-week old kitten directly into the burning coals of a barbecue grill, and then poked at it with a stick. Sherry Scott, another resident of the apartment complex happened to hear the group saying “Meow, meow” repeatedly, so she walked by only to discover that they were cooking a kitten in the grill. Despite the group's taunting, Ms. Scott managed to disperse the group by threatening to call the police. Scott was then able to remove the kitten from the grill. She named the small kitten Lucky, but it turned out that the kitten wasn’t so lucky after animal control officers examined the burns. They found out that the burns had inflicted extensive damage on her respiratory system and her ability to swallow food, and they recommended that they euthanize it. Charles Benoit was charged with animal abuse, punishable up to five years in prison along with a $5,000 fine. He was jailed on a $10,000 bail, which has since increased to a $25,000 bail due to his past criminal record of misdemeanor and assault charges. Benoit faces up to five years in prison for animal abuse and $5,000 fine. Tell the County Prosecutor and Judge not to let this killer out!!!! Tell the County Prosecutor that 5 years is not enough... and $5,000 won't make up for the pain suffered by that little unlucky "Lucky" .....

Here's the link to sign the petition. It's very quick and easy.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/563910334?ts=1058685727 & sign[partner_userID]=218997778 & sign[memberID]=218997778 & sign[partnerID]=1

Guest guest

Did you look at the dates? Yes, it happened last year but the deadline for the petition is 8/8/03.

Here's the link again.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/563910334?ts=1058765214 & sign[partnerID]=1 & sign[memberID]=919300666 & sign[partner_userID]=919300666

Take care,

Tammy

-

EBbrewpunx

Sunday, July 20, 2003 10:30 PM

Re: Man grills kitten alive..

oh..thats real oldthe story vanished a long time ago

Guest guest

In a message dated 7/20/03 10:30:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kittytooo writes:

Did you look at the dates? Yes, it happened last year but the deadline for the petition is 8/8/03.

last year...the judge in charge said that he would not accept any petitions or anything..

of course..that was last year..maybe things have changed

Guest guest

I Still think we should all sign it, I know I did and I sent it to a bunch of friends and relatives & they all signed it as well...It's worth a shot.

Sam*

Guest guest

I do hope it does some good. I don't know why it's so late in coming or if it will matter to a judge. It seems professionally done and up to date to me, but I'm no expert. Even if it doesn't do any good, I figure, it only cost me about a minute of my time.

Thanks for your support Sam, and for spreading the word. If nothing else maybe it'll make people think/feel.

Take care,

Tammy

-

sam hall

Monday, July 21, 2003 8:11 PM

Re: Man grills kitten alive..

I Still think we should all sign it, I know I did and I sent it to a bunch of friends and relatives & they all signed it as well...It's worth a shot.

Sam*

Guest guest

yeah, there is always a chance the judge may change his mind and it only takes a second to do, i think its better to do and for there to a small chance, than to not do it and there to be no chance.

and whether the judge changes his mind or not it shows how many people believe that someone who could do something so horrible should get a bigger sentence - even non-veg*ns would agree that what they did was completely horrible AND wrong.

SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

Guest guest

ok..my whole take on the matter..

while it was despicable and wrong and all that..its sorta sad that this was ALL

over the news last summer..and people " tsk tsked " over it..as they sat in line

at McDonald's...

a kitten getting grilled alive is no worse then wot millions of animals face

every single day, be it chickens, cows, pigs, ducks, rats, dogs, etc...

i guess if someone makes the connection it at least could help..but, most folks

are oblivios...

Magick Nuts <magick_nuts wrote:

>yeah, there is always a chance the judge may change his mind and it only takes

a second to do, i think its better to do and for there to a small chance, than

to not do it and there to be no chance.

>

>and whether the judge changes his mind or not it shows how many people believe

that someone who could do something so horrible should get a bigger sentence -

even non-veg*ns would agree that what they did was completely horrible AND

wrong.

>